Will 1.19b have some of our requested AI, UI, game changes?

By on February 7, 2011 2:59:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Trojasmic

Join Date 04/2006
+40

active army / city highlighting

scroll bars

path tracking

info pages that don't cutoff info if longer than one page (in other words, make a second page)

protected pioneers

AI "war means war" attitude (not declare war then stay home and do nothing)

AI doesn't over-protect sovereigns (allow them to get goodie huts and explore...just don't explore near opponent borders)

tactical battle AI ganging up on a single unit instead of spreading attacks

tactical battle AI no chasing (allowing the human to run AI units around in circles)

more quests

?

Locked Post 3 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 8, 2011 1:01:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I predict absolutely nothing will be fixed. I predict the OOM CTD will still occur with a great vengeance. I mean they fixed the portraints with the ast patch right? As Borat would say NOT!

I was so disheartened by the fact the portraits are still doing the same thing if not even worse. So I don't expect much, I expect fancy patch notes and the same problems as before.

February 8, 2011 4:13:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You might be right... although Brad did just post that he fixed the AI not getting their goodie huts issue.  That's a start! 

February 8, 2011 9:36:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting davidjc_af,
I predict absolutely nothing will be fixed. I predict the OOM CTD will still occur with a great vengeance. I mean they fixed the portraints with the ast patch right? As Borat would say NOT!

I was so disheartened by the fact the portraits are still doing the same thing if not even worse. So I don't expect much, I expect fancy patch notes and the same problems as before.

Let's be real: they've fixed a ton of stuff. Is there lots to do still? Yes. They can't eat an elephant in one bite. I imagine if you were in charge everything would be fixed by noon tomorrow. You may want to consider consulting - show Brad and Kael how to get it done.

I have patience for constructive criticism - no patience for destructive criticism.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time: