FREE Pirate bay

By on December 29, 2010 9:03:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

dopeydave

Join Date 09/2010
+1

I just red this post wich is locked out for replys. http://forums.elementalgame.com/347311

This is fucking BULLSHIT . fuck this country and there wack ass laws and regulations. i said this countrys goin to shit 10yrs ago, then we got bush for president then we got osama for president, now there sending people to jail for making a website. whats fuckin next, i say we support them some how by doing mass priated material handouts and every retail software store with free pb logos on each case,

i understand support smaller companys but cold day in hell im giving EA another penny of my money for the crap they push out wiht there 6month pc game deadlines.

Locked Post 175 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 29, 2010 10:13:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You're right. Stealing their games is obviously the solution.

December 29, 2010 10:14:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Late much?

December 29, 2010 10:36:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

See you on an episode of cops criminal.

December 29, 2010 10:53:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Piratebay guys are convicted in Sweden, I think you blaming bush and obama is hilarious.

Voting with your wallet is the right answer, because it is the only right afforded to you by the market economy. Pirates aren't heroes, they're the scum of the earth. Do you know what would happen if noone paid for games? Noone would make them.

Like it or not, you have no right in any way to violate someone's license to play a game. You are a criminal if you are a pirate, and I hope you get what you deserve.

Oh, and if you're mad at DRM or whatever - let me make it REAL simple for you. They made it - they decide. Don't like it - don't buy it.

December 29, 2010 11:18:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no... osama... and it is his fault. 

December 29, 2010 11:23:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Holy shit, he actually said osama. I just autocorrected it to obama.

December 29, 2010 11:34:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I blame Canadians. Southpark told me so.

December 30, 2010 12:01:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

well, the Pirates are heroes of their own kind.

I just remember about a comedy movie called Euro Trip, where the protagonists could become rich men in poor eastern Europe Country (in that movie, 1 dollar is a fortune). Just imagine for people who live in that country, buying an original game will take all of their fortunes. Maybe they need to sell their house in order to buy Elemental War of Magic

December 30, 2010 12:07:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quite a heavy penalty...

Am I the only person who's actually read an EULA? Apparently you never own any game, which is a huge surprise to me.

December 30, 2010 12:23:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Tiel424,
 Quite a heavy penalty...

Am I the only person who's actually read an EULA? Apparently you never own any game, which is a huge surprise to me.

Pretty sure most EULA say they can blow up your house and take no responsibility for it, but if you try to cross a t they say you can't, they'll throw you in jail and take everything you own. Oh and no refunds.

December 30, 2010 12:34:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So, you're complaining about a News Article from August and decided your complaint was so insightful that it deserved it's own thread?  After 12 pages of posts, I think everything that needed to be said had it's chance to be said.

Greedy bastards gonna be greedy, Pirates gonna pirate,  Lawyers gonna... lawyer.  The world keeps spinning.

December 30, 2010 12:52:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its more fun to just find a word he spoke and quote it.

BULLSHIT

BULLSHIT I SAY!!!

Fucking companies that create content for us and charge money.  Steal their games and punch their wives.  Bastards. 

At least we can have some fun trolling utter nonsense. 

December 30, 2010 1:17:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm pretty sure the OP is the troll.  I mean, no one could possibly be that stupid, could they?

December 30, 2010 7:40:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Corbeaubm,
I'm pretty sure the OP is the troll.  I mean, no one could possibly be that stupid, could they?
Nah, I'm betting stupid.

December 30, 2010 8:30:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

While I may not agree with many things the OP said, I do remember hearing that authorities are willing to go as far as controlling DNSes in order to curb piracy. So I don't think I can agree with the owners' sentencing without judging based on the technical concepts of what TPB actually provides.

Suddenly I'm beginning to think that democracy was last millennium's fad.

The last thing I want is is a government taking control of a DNS in order to block me from accessing sites in countries opposing them. >.<

December 30, 2010 10:29:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kilo_Bravo,
While I may not agree with many things the OP said, I do remember hearing that authorities are willing to go as far as controlling DNSes in order to curb piracy. So I don't think I can agree with the owners' sentencing without judging based on the technical concepts of what TPB actually provides.

Suddenly I'm beginning to think that democracy was last millennium's fad.

The last thing I want is is a government taking control of a DNS in order to block me from accessing sites in countries opposing them. >.<

Well of course. It it much easier to control the content then punish the ones that abuse it. Better to stop it then fix it afterwards.

Other side of the coin:

Of course since the biggest software companies are from USA, and the USA government has a history of helping their companies all over the world though legal and not so legal means (for example, CIA involvement for a banana company in South America a few decades ago where they toppled a government, cannot remember which country it was exactly). All for the profit...

Until prices are set up to be applicable for local markets I see no problems in pirating software. I can afford to buy a 40$ game, but many from my country cannot (or cannot afford a powerful enough computer to play those games).

And to the person that said if we all pirated games none would make them, that is not true, there are many free games out there or games that you pay to get extra features (many competitive web games do this). For instance spent many hours playing D&D Online without paying a dime.

What would happen is a change in the business model. Probably more ingame commercials, or ways to demo games before buying them, and probably more quality games to get people to feel they need to reward developers for their effort.

I would never buy a CoD game as they are all crap (but have played all of them but would kill myself if I bought all of them for the little content they provide in SP; I am not interested in MP) but I did buy Witcher and will buy Witcher 2 to reward the developers for their dedications and effort. I also bought Elemental because they managed to persuade me that I need to reward their effort.

December 30, 2010 1:31:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TorinReborn,

What would happen is a change in the business model. Probably more ingame commercials, or ways to demo games before buying them, and probably more quality games to get people to feel they need to reward developers for their effort.

I would never buy a CoD game as they are all crap (but have played all of them but would kill myself if I bought all of them for the little content they provide in SP; I am not interested in MP) but I did buy Witcher and will buy Witcher 2 to reward the developers for their dedications and effort. I also bought Elemental because they managed to persuade me that I need to reward their effort.

It's very optimistic to propose a system where we everything is free and we just choose what to voluntarily pay based on how much we feel it's worth. I'm not sure that I have as much faith that this would work as you do.

December 30, 2010 1:43:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Certainly the market will change - no doubt that's a reason we're seeing such a burst of MMOs (where they can check the "drm" every second you're connected).

But that doesn't mean we can just screw over the old business model, and it absolutely doesn't give us any right to pirate.

December 30, 2010 2:23:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I vote with my dollars so I don't generally use or pay for crap out of Hollywood or record labels. If I find something worthwhile to watch or listen to, I'll pay for it. Stealing another's property is wrong- I'm sure any poster on here supporting Pirate Bay would not want their own time and labor to be stolen without compensation. Creators of products and services need to be paid to keep the lights on like anyone else.

December 30, 2010 2:24:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The issue with the Pirate Bay case is not that they were pirates, but rather that they knowingly promoted piracy via their technology. There are many legitimate file sharing torrents and so the authorities had to prove that the PB owners were complicit in the piracy. Where it gets messy is when you take it to an extreme. If a pirate distributes illegally obtained material via Outlook, is Microsoft also liable? Common sense would suggest not, but if they aren't liable do they need to ensure there are checks and balances to make sure the software can't be used for distribution? If Microsoft are aware that their technology could be used for piracy, are they complicit? So it all gets pretty messy.

The court case itself was an absolute farce where the large music publishers stumbled around making a fool of themselves during the trial but luckily for them the judge knew even less about the way the internet operated and so PB lost the case. While I don't condone piracy I was a little surprised about the outcome of the trial and the precedent it sets for companies who's technology can be used for piracy.

The Wikileaks saga has firmly highlighted just how much the US government is pulling the strings behind the internet and shows how much control they can exert in areas we thought were free. These cases show that big business and government can stumble along but bulldoze anyone they like that get in their way.

It seems to me that we are living in a fascist society that has a very thin veneer over the top called democracy.

December 30, 2010 2:49:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
The Piratebay guys are convicted in Sweden, I think you blaming bush and obama is hilarious.

Voting with your wallet is the right answer, because it is the only right afforded to you by the market economy. Pirates aren't heroes, they're the scum of the earth. Do you know what would happen if noone paid for games? Noone would make them.

Like it or not, you have no right in any way to violate someone's license to play a game. You are a criminal if you are a pirate, and I hope you get what you deserve.

Oh, and if you're mad at DRM or whatever - let me make it REAL simple for you. They made it - they decide. Don't like it - don't buy it.

Yes and no, it is more than just, don't buy it, buying and not buying don't just solve every problem. I am tired of seeing money being placed as the single most powerful entity on this planet lately (the last xxx years.) Now before you yell....blah blah pirates, yes buying and not buying can change a market, but not always for the better....I was actually going to go vmore into this but I just felt a sudden rush of laziness.

December 30, 2010 2:56:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, if you're not saying anything I can't really reply to it.

December 30, 2010 3:09:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ,

I just red this post wich is locked out for replys. http://forums.elementalgame.com/347311
My opinion : They deserved it .

December 30, 2010 5:00:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow you guys are all a bunch of moral crusaders with your anti piracy rants, what would the world do without you. I'm gunna go play my cracked copy of New Vegas, keep me posted on the piracy crackdown in Sweden

December 30, 2010 5:43:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting mentalinstra,
Wow you guys are all a bunch of moral crusaders with your anti piracy rants, what would the world do without you. I'm gunna go play my cracked copy of New Vegas, keep me posted on the piracy crackdown in Sweden

You work for free? Sounds like you are the moral crusader, selflessly donating your time and labor to others without compensation. Just sayin'.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: