Free Expansion?

By on December 29, 2010 9:29:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heliosis54

Join Date 12/2010
+1

So if you bought the game ealry enough how do we get are free expansions?

Locked Post 26 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 29, 2010 9:34:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You'll most likely automatically get them registered to your account when they come out.

December 29, 2010 12:25:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

well havent some come out already?

December 29, 2010 12:27:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No, they are still making the game worth playing at all, so we have another 6 months before an expansion will come out, I'm guessing. 

December 29, 2010 12:35:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
No, they are still making the game worth playing at all, so we have another 6 months before an expansion will come out, I'm guessing. 

You know, Xia, that's pretty uncalled for.  While I agree that v1.1 of Elemental is only the start of what we plan to do with the game, it's far from being not worth playing at all.  

You may need to just recognize that this game may not be for you.

December 29, 2010 1:16:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frog, I've played the hell out of the game and still do, and maybe that statement was too harsh, but until 1.1, the game was pretty unplayable except to the really hardcore loyalist.  I play it, I just created a thread for it's improvements, I want the game to be better.  Sorry if you have thought the game is more than it is, but right now, the game is playable and bland, when before 1.1 it was a struggle to even play and was bland.  I'm playing, and have been playing, and have been throwing out ideas to help you guys out.  Maybe you don't think muchof my ideas, or my opinions, fine, but I doubt I am the only one to think the way I do.  And you don't have to respond to every post you find offensive, maybe my tact is childish and rude, but you as the CEO of Stardock, shouldn't feel the need to respond to every slight.  But, for what it's worth, I am sorry, and I will try to be less of an asshole about things.

December 29, 2010 2:26:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So...when are we getting Fallen Enchantress?  Boogie said she would have big boobs, but show them in a classy way.

December 29, 2010 2:29:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I believe his quote was show some skin but not whoreish.

December 29, 2010 2:33:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yea, your right...just got big boobs on the brain I guess...

December 29, 2010 4:08:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nothing wrong with that!

December 29, 2010 5:33:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you consider 1.1 to be the 1.0 of Elemental, and 1.0 the last beta, Elemental looks a lot better. 

1.1 has some real issues still, but is a working game with some good points already.

December 29, 2010 6:58:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It still crashes on me giving me error out of memory alot. This game is freaking awsome i just need it to run.

December 29, 2010 8:46:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
Frog, I've played the hell out of the game and still do, and maybe that statement was too harsh, but until 1.1, the game was pretty unplayable except to the really hardcore loyalist.  I play it, I just created a thread for it's improvements, I want the game to be better.  Sorry if you have thought the game is more than it is, but right now, the game is playable and bland, when before 1.1 it was a struggle to even play and was bland.  I'm playing, and have been playing, and have been throwing out ideas to help you guys out.  Maybe you don't think muchof my ideas, or my opinions, fine, but I doubt I am the only one to think the way I do.  And you don't have to respond to every post you find offensive, maybe my tact is childish and rude, but you as the CEO of Stardock, shouldn't feel the need to respond to every slight.  But, for what it's worth, I am sorry, and I will try to be less of an asshole about things.

I don't know what you're referring to in terms of responding to every thread that's critical of the game.

What I am saying is that if you feel v1.1 is "unplayable" then you should probably throw in the towel and find another game.  There are plenty of people out there who think Galactic Civilizations is "crap" or that sins of a Solar Empire "sucks".  That doesn't make their opinion objective reality for everyone. It just means they didn't like the game.

Similarly, there will be plenty of people who will never like Elemental. Not now, not a year from now, not ever because ultimately it just may not be their type of game. 

December 29, 2010 8:52:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Alstein,
If you consider 1.1 to be the 1.0 of Elemental, and 1.0 the last beta, Elemental looks a lot better. 

1.1 has some real issues still, but is a working game with some good points already.

I consider 1.0 to be 1.0. It wasn't a beta. It just wasn't a very good game (with the benefit of hindsight and sleep). Players got their pound of flesh out of us and so did reviewers.  And rather than just cutting our losses and moving to a new game, we're investing some serious capital into making it a better game because we love it and the community.

1.1 is no means a perfect game either. Neither will 1.2, 2.0, etc.  My comment was that saying it is "unplayable" is uncalled for.  

December 29, 2010 9:08:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is a lot better.  Some people will never be satisfied no matter what, right xia?

I wish people could just move on.  I want to hear whats comming next, not hear some child regurgitate what has already been said 1000 times 100 percent better then he did.

December 29, 2010 9:18:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1.0 was a big pain in the neck and yes it was unplayable

1.1 was actualy good i had fun with it and ALOT more stable

December 29, 2010 9:36:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've alway thought of this as a work in progress.  I've been happy with the work and having fun with the progress.

December 29, 2010 10:00:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Rune_74,
It is a lot better.  Some people will never be satisfied no matter what, right xia?

I wish people could just move on.  I want to hear whats comming next, not hear some child regurgitate what has already been said 1000 times 100 percent better then he did.

I'll never be satisfied myself, as things can always be better.

Ultimately, that's part of why I like SD's games, the continuous improvement process.  I find the ride fun, and it keeps the game fresh for a long period of time.

That said, a good part of the reason you're investing lots of capital into Elemental is because it makes good business sense, provided you turn the game into something good (which I believe you will).  It's long-term thinking, which is in short supply among gamemakers (and it does pay off- it's why many longtime SD customers were able to stay patient despite the initial problems) 

99% of companies who release a substandard game at launch will write it off, while GC2 was not substandard at launch, the efforts SD did in improving GC2, gave me reason to believe this game would be in that 1% of exceptions.  If it wasn't for that, I probably would have written off SD as a company, if Elemental was my first experience with SD.  (and this is a good part of the reason the press has been vicious- many people who bought Elemental didn't buy GC2, and didn't know how you do things)   Add in insane expectations, and things turn into disasterpiece theatre quickly.  This is why people aren't able to let go.

December 29, 2010 10:21:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,

So, you get two free expansions as thanks for being an early adopter while they work the kinks out... and you're still not happy?  Seriously, apart from Stardock re-building their game to match your ideal one, what more do you want?

December 30, 2010 9:35:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fine, whatever, I apologized. Sorry I hurt your feelings, Brad, didn't mean that much by it. I'm fucking here aren't I?  I clearly care about the direction of the game, and I doubt many have played it more than I have.  Maybe just let me vent my frustrations every now and then.  Maybe let me know some of my issues and ideas are being addressed/considered.  Now get to telling me about the Fallen Enchantress, please.

December 31, 2010 3:58:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Quoting Alstein, reply 10If you consider 1.1 to be the 1.0 of Elemental, and 1.0 the last beta, Elemental looks a lot better. 

I consider 1.0 to be 1.0. It wasn't a beta. It just wasn't a very good game (with the benefit of hindsight and sleep). Players got their pound of flesh out of us and so did reviewers.  And rather than just cutting our losses and moving to a new game, we're investing some serious capital into making it a better game because we love it and the community.

1.1 is no means a perfect game either. Neither will 1.2, 2.0, etc.  My comment was that saying it is "unplayable" is uncalled for.  

I bought a new copy of the game from a local best buy on the 29th, hoping to get the free expansion when it came out. However, my registration code doesn't work, so I'm currently waiting for tech support to reply to me in order to properly register and update to 1.1 (and hopefully get credited for the free expansion I was promised when I bought it!)

So for now I'm stuck with the disc version, which calls itself 1.0. Playing with version 1.0 (or whatever a retail copy would be), I would call it "unplayable". The core game looks sound-- to be honest, I like it when I can actually play it. However, despite being above-spec (though not by much) frame rate chugs at the best of times, has typos, broken quests... in general, lots of bugs great and small. It also gets stuck and I have to force-quit every 1-2 hours. Now I understand subsequent patches have made great strides-- that's why I went out and bought it, after all-- but paying for the game and barely being able to play it (at least, until tech support gets my registration code working) is frustrating.

I look forward to being able to play 1.1 once the tech support gets back from their holiday. 1.0 has promise, but it's a bad thing to experience fresh from the disc.

Sorry if the tone is a little harsh. Feeling pretty annoyed right now that I bought the game and can't register and thus update it.

December 31, 2010 11:44:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

You may need to just recognize that this game may not be for you.

You know, I have been thinking about this, and you might be right.  I'm going to take a break from this board and this game.  Maybe when I return the game will have some flavor to it and the the big changes that need to be done to make the game great will be done, and the little details that are constantly overlooked will be addressed, good luck Frog and the rest of the board.

January 1, 2011 6:51:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Flunkie,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 13
Quoting Alstein, reply 10If you consider 1.1 to be the 1.0 of Elemental, and 1.0 the last beta, Elemental looks a lot better. 

I bought a new copy of the game from a local best buy on the 29th, hoping to get the free expansion when it came out. However, my registration code doesn't work, so I'm currently waiting for tech support to reply to me in order to properly register and update to 1.1 (and hopefully get credited for the free expansion I was promised when I bought it!)

So for now I'm stuck with the disc version, which calls itself 1.0. Playing with version 1.0 (or whatever a retail copy would be), I would call it "unplayable". The core game looks sound-- to be honest, I like it when I can actually play it. However, despite being above-spec (though not by much) frame rate chugs at the best of times, has typos, broken quests... in general, lots of bugs great and small. It also gets stuck and I have to force-quit every 1-2 hours. Now I understand subsequent patches have made great strides-- that's why I went out and bought it, after all-- but paying for the game and barely being able to play it (at least, until tech support gets my registration code working) is frustrating.

I look forward to being able to play 1.1 once the tech support gets back from their holiday. 1.0 has promise, but it's a bad thing to experience fresh from the disc.

Sorry if the tone is a little harsh. Feeling pretty annoyed right now that I bought the game and can't register and thus update it.

Save your receipt.  Stardock has said previously if you can provide other proof, they will count that.  you might have to mail in that receipt or a copy though.

BTW 1.0 is unplayable, the update improves it plenty.

January 1, 2011 12:48:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When a game is unplayable, it must first be turned "on".

When a game is on and unplayable, then the problem is with the person's mind, and not with the game itself.

------

Regarding the expansions, yes 1 or 2 free.

If game was purchased before 1 Nov 2010, then you get 2 expansions.

If game was purchased on or after 1 Nov 2010, but before 1 Jan 2011, then you get 1 expansion.

(I am pretty sure this criteria is correct)

-.-

January 1, 2011 4:58:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In my case it still keeps crashin (mostly at the end of a turn) too many times to be enjoyable. Playing Distant Worlds and expansion now while I'm waiting.

4x is for me (oh yes) It's my fave genre. To say to a 4x fan that this game may not be for them is daft.

Combat bugs (archers who don't fire) town bugs (items that won't get built) and crashes.

Yes I can turn the game on.

It doesn't mean the broken mechanics are just in my head though. That's not "opinion" that's mechanics that say they should work (in the manual etc) and just don't.

In my book that's broken. If it means something different in your opinion - well - all I can say is - I'm sticking to mine. because yours makes little sense to me.

Hoping the game will improve. Yes it's playable (if you save a lot and "work around" the errors") but the errors should not be their and the game shouldn't crash so often (essp on 64 bit OS's)

Scritty

January 2, 2011 7:26:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Scritty,

When you finally can get your registration activated & update to 1.1, pop into the Mods section and download at least the Expanded Fractions & ACP mods - they make the game even more interesting

FB - have been quietly around since the BETA's and loving the way this game has developed, keep up the good work.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time: