Please change turns to one week, instead of one season.

By on December 12, 2010 3:29:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

charon2112

Join Date 02/2009
+57

The way it is now, years fly by.  My sovereign is like 100 years old...

Weeks work very, very well in GalCiv 2.

Thanks.  

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 12, 2010 3:35:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So someone can then complain that kids reach maturity in a few weeks?

December 12, 2010 3:52:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well kids would have to be adjusted. Which would help prevent people from spamming children like the octomom

I think weeks would work well for RP reasons too. It takes a season to move a tile or two? How big is this place, my iron mine must be the size of China heh.

Might not work as great if devs plan to have seasonal differences like spring/summer/fall/winter with graphical/gameplay effects.

December 12, 2010 4:13:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ratatosk7,
Well kids would have to be adjusted. Which would help prevent people from spamming children like the octomom

So someone can complain that his first born took more than a thousand of weeks (turns for us) just to reach maturity?

December 12, 2010 4:31:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"Well, you see, in the world of Elemental, kids really do grow like weeds.  While they take around 18 years or so in our world, it only takes around 2 years, or 100 weeks in Elemental..."

Let the clone wars begin!  I like the time scale as it is now, although having children show up a little earlier (64 turns/seasons) wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Old enough to breed, old enough to defend the kingdom I say!

Note the fact that children in Elemental don't come of age until they are 25 (maybe the seasons are shorter), and grow old after 600 turns (150 years).

December 12, 2010 4:47:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

instead of seasons, just call them months, ie 3 months to the season, and with the 'kids' taking 25*4 (100)/12= 8.3 years before marriage (see muslims) then the first grandkid typically another 30-40 turns(5 years) ( and what 14 year old is NOT interested in SEX) (puberty), and these are the turn counts already in game and also sales better to the real world ie 1 month walking is typically 100-200 miles (see any large land area country's early exploration usually the horses were used for supplies/equipment and the explorers walked 5-10 MILES per day.

harpo

December 12, 2010 4:50:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The channelers in elemental are specifically immortal to the dangers of aging. So what if you're 100 years old? You still look 25.

December 12, 2010 4:53:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Each year should be 16 turns: 4 turns of each season. It would be nice if seasons impacted gameplay some how.

One "elemental year" would not have to be equal to one "earth year". Who says that Elemental orbits its star as quickly as Earth? Children in Elemental could grow up significantly within the span of one "elemental year" if each season lasted the length of 4 seasons here on Earth.

December 12, 2010 5:19:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TheProgress,
Each year should be 16 turns: 4 turns of each season. It would be nice if seasons impacted gameplay some how.

One "elemental year" would not have to be equal to one "earth year". Who says that Elemental orbits its star as quickly as Earth? Children in Elemental could grow up significantly within the span of one "elemental year" if each season lasted the length of 4 seasons here on Earth.

Yes this is exactly what I am trying to say!

I would like dynasties to be expanded on a lot in the future. No need for an immortal sovereign if your sov could die of old age/ in your own territory and then the first in line to the throne took over (all being controlled by you of course). This would lead to greater game immersion along with a host of possibilities for modding and features to make Diplomacy tree more interesting.

December 12, 2010 5:44:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ratatosk7,
 No need for an immortal sovereign if your sov could die of old age
The Sovereign is "immortal" because of Lore. From a Lore point of view (unless Frogboy changed it lately), you would need to play some hundred of thousands "turns" for that to happen.

December 13, 2010 6:21:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

but what about the various champions that roam the world - are they also immortal ? - they need to add aging - dynasty succession - AND they can then add spells like - Prolong life (kingdom) and Sacrifice (empire) to make the channelers live longer

December 13, 2010 6:41:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Redwind85,
but what about the various champions that roam the world - are they also immortal ? - they need to add aging - dynasty succession - AND they can then add spells like - Prolong life (kingdom) and Sacrifice (empire) to make the channelers live longer
Sovereign not dying and therefore no succession is because of Lore. About what you mention:

Troops don't die of old age neither. But in those cases (champions and troops) are more some kind of abstraction to reduce micromanagement and to don't "screw" the player when his uber champion/unit suddently meets "Dead by old age".

That said, different buildings don't decay and require replacements. There are no weather patterns. No tectonic plates. No limited resources (iron mines that can run out of iron, for example). Women don't have the period. There is no crime in the cities. There are no rivers (d'oh!). There is no weapon/armour maintenance (specially metal ones) and they always wear the same clothes. No diseases. We don't know how many moons Elemental has but surely there is no gravitational effects on the tides. And a long etc.

December 13, 2010 7:03:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yes we need a fully functional realism build apon this game - everything must be added!

troops not dying i always took up for as -"they sent in new troops all the time to replenish the dead/retired ones"

but the champions and heroes are just too single and specific for that to work - but ok - immortal people are the ones that are special in elemental

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time: