New patch update size

By on December 2, 2010 11:28:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Achilles__

Join Date 11/2010
+3

I am reading 1.97 Gb patch? ^^^

Whoah seriously, what did you guys posted as an update there?

Anyone else has the same problem?

Locked Post 22 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 3, 2010 12:32:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, same here...just went to download it, but the file size is 1.97GB.

I currently have 1.09n

Tried shutting down Impulse and restarting, but no difference.

**Edit**

Mine's OK now.

Turn off "show pre-release"

Shift + right click and then verify

An 11MB update will take you back to 1.09e

Turn on "show pre-release"

The 1.09o update is then 16MB

December 3, 2010 2:10:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Verified this - happened to me also. Just one extra step after the 11mb "update" to 1.09e switch back on "show pre-release" to get access toi 1.09o

December 3, 2010 6:24:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You're right...forgot that step...I'll edit my post in case this happens to others.

December 3, 2010 6:37:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just downloaded the 1.97 GB and installed the vers. 1.09o.

December 3, 2010 3:14:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How do you update this? When I load the game is says update, takes me to impulse. THEN what?

December 3, 2010 3:17:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Click on the game Elemental from the list and then click update at the lower right.  That should do it.

December 3, 2010 3:17:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have tried a dozen times. I don't know why you have to be good at computers to do this. Its asks for an update and the time dial spins a few times and then nothing happens.

December 3, 2010 3:18:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The list?

December 3, 2010 3:28:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sorry.........go to the "my games" tab in impulse.  Then highlight Elemental from the list.  Then click "update".  That button should be on the lower right of the screen.  Hope that helps.

December 3, 2010 3:39:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There is no update on the lower right of my screen as you say. I am running 1.09n - the beta. I unhighlighted "show pre-release" versions.

It asks me to update from the start. I get nowhere no matter what I do.

December 3, 2010 3:47:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have "show pre-release versions" checked.

December 3, 2010 3:54:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you Howdy! Nice of you to help and I got it! Took a few times but I stand beaten bloody and well, beaten and bloodied.

Best community around.

I can't wait to play later tonight after the ole lady get's distracted with superfluous behaviors (cleaning, cooking etc.).

December 3, 2010 4:31:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Remember there is another quick-fix patch for the training crash coming sometime today.  It may show "update" again when you go to play.  If it says "installed" then the update hasn't been released yet........

December 3, 2010 6:40:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i don't think this has anything to do with computer literacy.

it's more to do with dodgy patching. i mean.. someone mentioned 2 patches of maybe 30 meg altogether is all that's needed to shift from n->o then surely the fact that the "proper" way according to impulse of doing it is by d/ling 2 gig's worth of whatever is a pretty good indication that something is wrong with the patching process.

December 3, 2010 9:27:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Actually i believe the problem is that impulse only regognizes the stable 1.09e edition (and previous stables of course) as the versions that can get the patch for every new beta update.

But it seems that if you have already an other beta, impulse doesnt regognize it and tries to redownload the whole game, since it seems that it doesnt understand or it doesnt work for the atch to be applied to an other beta version to the new one.

So one of two reasons. Either each new beta patch is compatible only with stable editions or its too much trouble to do a beta patch for each of the other beta edition, thus easier for us just to revert back to stable and reupdate.

Or it is impulse either not regognizing each of the previous betas that should be applied the patch properly or just someone forgets that they should inform the impulse patcher to inlude also every beta version to be update along with the stable ones.

December 5, 2010 8:29:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well the solution is largely useless to me now, as the damn update is almost finished! Here's to hoping that this never shows up again!

December 5, 2010 8:38:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well the solution is largely useless to me now, as the damn update is almost finished! Here's to hoping that this never shows up again!

you just have to downgrade to stable edition and then upgrade to new beta every time a patch comes up or you will get 2Gb updates each time ^^

December 5, 2010 8:56:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Don't forget that previous save games, custom Sovereign builds, custum faction builds & custum unit designs will most likely lead to more crashes & not less. Just delete em all & remake em. I saw some more comprehensive posts for deleting that info directly from folders & editing game file data to allow some previous custum builds to still work, but can't really remember which forum it was in; sorry. Didn't pay much attention to it since remaking the custum hero/faction again is no work at all.

Have fun... ^^

December 5, 2010 8:35:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Achilles__,

you just have to downgrade to stable edition and then upgrade to new beta every time a patch comes up or you will get 2Gb updates each time ^^

How to I downgrade my version? Maybe if the instructions were clearer it would make more sense than shift+click something.

December 6, 2010 3:04:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting warcraft98,

Quoting Achilles__, reply 17

How to I downgrade my version? Maybe if the instructions were clearer it would make more sense than shift+click something.

Unselect the "Show pre-release versions".

Then shift+right click on the game and select "Verify Installation".

A message will show that your version is not the right one or something like that, so you press Update.

This will downgrade you to the last stable edition.

Now reselect the "Show pre-release versions" Option and download the new beta ^^

December 6, 2010 2:24:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

... they really need to allow deletion of unit designs/custom faction within the game. or for that matter.. a library that list out what custom stuff there are and what versions they are compatible with.

December 15, 2010 2:22:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is it not possible to upgrade from 1.09w to 1.1 without installing the entire 2GB?

The old trick doesn't appear to work.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time: