Sovereign Modding Pack has Arrived!

Files to help you create your own sovereign model!

By on November 30, 2010 4:17:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

AkilDawkins

Join Date 08/2005
+4

Hello my name is Akil Dawkins and I am the lead artist for Stardock Entertainment.  Specifically I work on models, textures and rigs for Elemental: War of Magic.  To say thank you for all of the support that the mod community has shown us over the last few months, I have put together a “Sovereign Modding Pack” which will help the modding community make their own specialized units.  This pack includes instructions for how to properly export bound characters and attached armor using Maya.  It also includes the sovereign modeling files, the sovereign skeleton, and a bonus sovereign model.

I have been working with Heavenfall to make sure that I provide assets that function properly and instructions that are clear and concise.  He has some great entries about what he has been able to do with this pack already and I encourage to check out his posts.  If you have any questions please feel free to post them and I will try my best to provide information that will help.  I stay pretty busy, but I will check the forums as often as I can.  Also if you make cool models, or mods, or both please post those as well!  I would love to see some cool textures on the new sovereign body type.  Thank you all again and good luck!

-Akil

http://storage.stardock.com/files/SovereignModderPack_113010.zip

Pinned, Locked Post 20 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 30, 2010 4:21:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for this.

Haven't had a look yet but will the models, rigs etc work within 3dsMax.

And I suppose we also need to ask the question about Blender 3D.

November 30, 2010 4:42:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sweet, can't wait to see to see what the talented people in the community do with this.

November 30, 2010 4:53:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

SWEET! You rock! Thank you. [e digicons][/e]

November 30, 2010 5:10:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very nice! Thanks for working on releasing this, Akil.

For those interested, this is the pack I used to create the modded drota/goblins in http://forums.elementalgame.com/400551

Two tips: make sure that you work with 32-bit versions of everything - Maya, havok content tools and other programs should all be 32-bit. Also, when choosing a havok content pack, make sure that you get the 7.1 version, NOT the latest version. Note: 7.1 doesn't work with maya2011.

Akil, can I have permission to post the warg skeleton maya file here?

Edit: Here is an excellent skin weight tutorial on youtube. It will make sense when you get there (the mod pack says only to "then adjust skin weights as necessary").

November 30, 2010 5:22:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent, now I can try (& fail) to make good looking models with professionally done assets!     Of course, it would be nice if anyone gets this to work with Blender or other free/low cost modeling program to post here how you did it.  

November 30, 2010 5:49:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The probability of me making anything related to 3D (as in modeling stuff) is only very slightly higher than that of me creating custom music. Which as much as saying: almost NULL.

That said, thank you for sharing. Awesome wallpaper too! And now, if someone were to give me some hints about how to make easier to mod the female textures of the game... yeah, those ones with not so clear borders. XD

November 30, 2010 6:22:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is great stuff. Now I'm just gonna sit back, relax and have the talented people feed me new awesome mods. [e digicons]}[/e]

November 30, 2010 7:52:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oooh... the included model would make an excellent dwarf/barbarian. I won't use it, but I'd love some new modellers having a go at doing something with it!

November 30, 2010 8:42:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sweetness!

November 30, 2010 9:11:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the additional stuff.

December 1, 2010 3:46:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Mods are going to get even better! May the force be with you.

December 1, 2010 11:17:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great!  I'm glad you guys approve.

Heavenfall:  Yes you can post that skeleton here.  When I have the time to get more skeletons set up I will send them to you for testing.

-Akil

December 1, 2010 4:14:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Then here is the warg skeleton, posted with permission

http://www.mediafire.com/?wad84sbvxg7f8za

That's what I used as a starting point for the expandedmounts mod

Akil, if you have the time, the horse skeleton or the spider skeleton would be cool to have. That's purely personal interest, however, as I can use them to make more mounts out of the models already in-game. That would be M_Spider_Skeleton_01.hkb and M_Horse_Skeleton_01.hkb

December 2, 2010 7:52:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
How about dragon mounts?
December 3, 2010 10:38:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll have to ask the powers that be before I can post any dragon skeletons.  But who knows?  It's possible!

December 3, 2010 8:17:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You must! I asked for this awhile ago. [e digicons]:')[/e]

December 3, 2010 10:40:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A big thank you for the healthy contribution to the community.

January 28, 2011 12:45:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

From Akil Dawkins,

Here is the spider skeleton http://www.mediafire.com/?gumdisekhn28vby

and here is the giant demon skeleton http://www.mediafire.com/?1frcjf6o6v8rb59

both posted with permission. I've tested them and they line up with the animations for superdemons and spiders.

If you're looking to export a new skeleton (this doesn't apply if you're just binding a mesh to a skeleton):

Note that the superdemon lacks a right hand LCF, so it's not identical (LCFs are easily added, just make a locator, convert it to an LCF frame through the havok->physics menu, then open up hypergraph hierarchy and bind the LCF point to the bone you want).

(for the record, the same applies if you want to make a mount out of the spider skeleton)

April 2, 2011 2:29:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm curious if anyone managed to get the hctKumquat3DFilter.dll file to work. I never did.

February 1, 2012 5:10:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So noted. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: