[eMOD] Updated Weapons 1.51 for 1.19

By on November 25, 2010 3:21:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

kenata

Join Date 02/2006
+25

Updated Weapons v1.51 ( for 1.19 )

Mod Description:

This mod updates all the basic unit weapons to give special abilities to the unit that equips them. Each weapon has a different set of special abilities and the idea behind the mod is to give each weapon a kind of combat role. Most weapons gain 2 special abilities, though a couple of the weapons only have one. This mod does not effect 3 basic weapons, being the crude bow, the Karrazan and its Elemental versionm for balance purposes.This mod also does not effect the special weapons found in CoreSpecialWeapons.xml, though with some coaxing I may add them in a future release. A current list of all effected weapons are as follows:

Gnarled Club:
    - Club Smash:                100%-150% dmg and target can't counter for rest of turn
    - Windup:                       5% per STR attack bonus for 2 round, but unit can not counter for rest of turn

Staff:
    - +1 Move
    - Fortify Self:                   +2 defense per Troop, +5% (+1% per dex) bonus to defense and counter attack
    - Rest:                           Heal 2hp per troop on self

War Staff:
    - +1 Move
    - Improved Fortify Self:    +3 defense per troop, +5% (+1% per dex) bonus to defense and counter attack
    - Rest:                            Heal 2hp per troop on self

Mace:
    - Bruise                          10%-50% attack, 1% per STR attack penalty to target
    - Hay Maker                    100%-200% attack, 3% per STR defense penalty to target

Warhammer:
    - Armor Cracker:              10%-50% dmg and 5% (+1 per str) defense penalty to target
    - Disorienting Smash        Target loses turn and can not counter

Battle Hammer:
    - Power Up                      5% per STR attack bonus for 2 rounds, -40%(+1% per dex) defense, can't counter attack
    - Knockback                    75%-150% attack that knocks a unit back a square

Lord Hammer:
    - Blowback                      25%-75% attack that knocks unit back
    - Skull Cracker                25%-100% attack, knocks a unit back a square, and causes target to lose next turn

Axe:
    - Deep Gash                    10%-25% attack / -3% per STR combat speed debuff.
    - Bleeding Strike              25%-125% attack, 4 dmg per turn for 3 turns, and 2% per STR defense penalty on target

Battle Axe:
    - Dread Fright                  Target is forced to flee the battle
    - Power Up                      5% per STR attack bonus for 2 rounds, -40%(+1% per dex) defense, can't counter attack

Oak Spear:
    - Pierce                          50% attack in true dmg
    - Improved Fortify Self:    +3 defense per troop, +5% (+1% per dex) bonus to defense and counter attack

Boar Spear:
    - Bleed:                          2% per DEX attack penalty to target, 2 damage per turn for 3 turns

Cedar Short Bow:
    - Suppressive Fire:           2% per DEX attack penalty on target

Cedar Long Bow:
    - Barrage:                       10%-50% attack in a 3x3 area around an enemy unit

Dagger:
    - Bleed:                          2% per DEX attack penalty to target, 2 damage per turn for 3 turns
    - Flurry                           Three 40%-100% hits at 75%, 50%, 25% attack

Short Sword:
    - Pierce                          50% attack in true dmg
    - Bleeding Strike             25%-125% attack, 4 dmg per turn for 3 turns, and 2% per STR defense penalty on target

Broadsword:
    - Slip Defense:                Unit jumps past defenders at range of 3.
    - Double Strike                Two hits for 30%-100% each

Long Sword:
    - Cleave                         Hits all enemy targets surrounding the unit for 10%-50% attack

Fang Dagger:
    - Throwing Dagger            3 range 75% ranged attack
    - Double Strike                Two hits for 30%-100% each

Imperial Shortsword:
    - Slip Defense:                 Unit does not provoke counter attacks for 2 turns
    - Deep Gash                    10%-50% attack using target's current health as attack power

Scimitar:
    - Windup:                       5% per STR attack bonus for 2 round, but unit can not counter for rest of turn
    - Flurry                           Three 40%-100% hits at 75%, 50%, 25% attack

Scythe:
    - Cleave                         Hits all enemy targets surrounding the unit for 10%-50% attack
    - Bleeding Strike             25%-125% attack, 4 dmg per turn for 3 turns, and 2% per STR defense penalty on target

Trog Scimitar:
    - Power Up                     5% per STR attack bonus for 2 rounds, -40%(+1% per dex) defense, can't counter attack
    - Decapitate                   40%-100% attack using target's current health as attack power

Great Scimitar:
    - Double Strike               Two hits for 30%-100% each
    - Bleed:                         2% per DEX attack penalty to target, 2 damage per turn for 3 turns

Claymore:
    - Knockback                    75%-150% attack that knocks a unit back a square

Since these abilities are added in the same manner as other AI special abilities, the AI will use them. Feel free to leave any feedback as well as any bugs so I might address them for future releases.

Download and Installation:

To Download the mod, simply follow this link to the download site.

To install, simply place the folder found in the zip file into your my documents/my games/elemental/mod directory. If you are upgrading from a previous version, you will want to remove the directory before installing to ensure you have no undesired effects.

Special Note: Due to the way that Elemental currently handles weapon mods, the use of multiple weapon mods will result in undesired results. If there is another weapon mod which one would like to use with Updated Weapons, please PM me and I will see if I can make an acceptable hybrid so that one can use both.

Change Log:

1.51: - Fixed the war staff to reapply the missing move bonus ( Thanks M. Agrippa for pointing this out)

1.5: - Updated the abilities to include the new spell subclass tag

1.4: - Changed Slip defense to be a 3 range blink

- Changed Deep gash to be a combat speed debuff

- Swapped Decapitate for Dread Fright on Battle Axe

1.31: - More Bug fixes - Thanks to everyone submitting bugs!

1.3 - Fixed a bunch of bugs in the mod which caused some of the ability to not work as intended.

1.21 - Fixed a couple of tag issues

1.2  - Updated for 1.09u

- Made significant changes which are now listed above

1.15 - Updated for the hot fix patch, 1.09p

1.1: -Updated Weapons to use the 1.09o values. I am pretty sure it was just the bows that changed.

1.01: -Updated Fang Dagger to properly add its second ability, poison blade.

SubMods:

Elf Specific Updated Weapons:

This submod has recently been enveloped by the Expanded Factions mod of Heavenfall. In order to get the special abilities for the elven weapons, you will need to install this mod along side Expanded Factions. For a list of all abilities on the elven and angelic weapons, please look http://forums.elementalgame.com/400876/get;2925284

Murteas Updated Weapons:

This adds a few new weapons from the Murteas Grimoire and adds them to the ranks of the updated weapons. This adds a couple of new weapons which use the updated abilities. You can find the submod at http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/elemental_war_of_magic/27. Check out their mod, Murteas' Grimoire for more details, and just to get another kick ass mod.

Pinned, Locked Post 127 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 25, 2010 3:43:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Held for future Update.

November 25, 2010 6:31:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very interesting! Downloading now.

November 25, 2010 7:27:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very nice, just what the game needs. Out of interest how does the UI handle muliple abilities on a hero? Do know if there is a limit to how many it can handle?

November 25, 2010 11:05:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Out of interest how does the UI handle muliple abilities on a hero? Do know if there is a limit to how many it can handle?

The UI places them with the rest of the tactical actions in the right hand UI element. They tend to get placed at the end so they usually are in the popup menu.

November 25, 2010 11:12:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you for that. Stardock really needs to think about that aspect of the UI. Would make for sense if abilitys had one button in the UI called "use ability" and then they were all listed in the screen that pops up... kind of like spells are now. Although the spell book interface isn't perfect. I will give your mod a go when I get home it sounds really excellent.

Edit: your mod works wonderfully and actually adds a whole layer to my thought process on which weapons I will equip. I highly recommend this.

November 25, 2010 9:56:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

thanks for your work! your last version was fun btw!

November 28, 2010 11:03:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I posted an update earlier to correct a flaw with the fang dagger for the Empire. It was not applying the Poison Blade ability at all. The new version corrects this problem.

November 29, 2010 8:32:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm liking this mod.  Thanks for putting it together!

I've modified the bows to the new 1.09n stats to playtest the new values while we wait for the next update to the patch.  Barrage/Suppression is a nice touch, and some of the other abilities you've introduced are pretty cool as well.

My only complaint is that this is an 'invisible' mod (the mods interface doesn't see it).  It took a few tries & some folder experimentation to get it to work for me (user accounts issue), but once I finally saw the revised stats ingame, I was golden.

Just curious, will this become an "official" Stardock mod at some point?  Is there a process for that?

November 29, 2010 10:10:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My only complaint is that this is an 'invisible' mod (the mods interface doesn't see it). It took a few tries & some folder experimentation to get it to work for me (user accounts issue), but once I finally saw the revised stats ingame, I was golden.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by an invisible mod. As far as I know, only custom maps are shown in the mods interface in game. However, If you click the mods link at the top and then click other, there is a list of quite a few nice Elemental mods.

November 29, 2010 12:09:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cool! Thanks bro!

December 1, 2010 5:55:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting kenata,

Quote: TJAshen

My only complaint is that this is an 'invisible' mod (the mods interface doesn't see it). It took a few tries & some folder experimentation to get it to work for me (user accounts issue), but once I finally saw the revised stats ingame, I was golden.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by an invisible mod. As far as I know, only custom maps are shown in the mods interface in game. However, If you click the mods link at the top and then click other, there is a list of quite a few nice Elemental mods.

As you pointed out, yours isn't the only mod that doesn't show up.  Under the mods menu, there are four separate categories (as I remember), but only Maps actually shows any mods at the moment, at least for me.

So this is apparently a Stardock issue, as I'd expect a LOT more mods in the database (in the other categories) for the mods interface.  I'm not complaining (just whining a little bit), as their plate is full with getting 1.1 ready.  That being said, I think this mod belongs in the ingame mods database interface, hence my 'submission procedure' question.

Still very much enjoying this mod.  Thanks for the hard work!!!

December 1, 2010 7:10:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As you pointed out, yours isn't the only mod that doesn't show up. Under the mods menu, there are four separate categories (as I remember), but only Maps actually shows any mods at the moment, at least for me.

So this is apparently a Stardock issue, as I'd expect a LOT more mods in the database (in the other categories) for the mods interface. I'm not complaining (just whining a little bit), as their plate is full with getting 1.1 ready. That being said, I think this mod belongs in the ingame mods database interface, hence my 'submission procedure' question.

Still very much enjoying this mod. Thanks for the hard work!!!

Well Thanks for the support! Let know if there are any abilities which are OP or underpowered as I really want to strike a good balance with all the weapons.

December 2, 2010 7:19:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Supposedly, 1.09o is coming out tonight and it contains several weapon balance changes. I am fairly sure that Updated Weapons 1.01 will continue to work with 1.09o, but due to the way I had to make this mod, using 1.01 will override any of the 1.09o weapon changes. I will be working hard to get a new version of this mod out either later tonight or tomorrow which use the new weapon stats. I have actually talked with Cari_Elf concerning this, and in the near future, these types of updates will no longer be necessary as the game items will allow for simple update mods which will make my life 1000x easier.

December 3, 2010 1:56:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just published a new version which uses the 1.09o weapon values. Remember when updated to overwrite the old files and as always Enjoy!

December 3, 2010 10:17:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hah, how ironic. I am the one to push updated weapons beyond the dr who download total. Congrats!

December 4, 2010 12:19:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting impinc,
Hah, how ironic. I am the one to push updated weapons beyond the dr who download total. Congrats!

Sometimes it happens Impinc! Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and tried my mod. Community support is really what pushes the mod community to keep going.

Edit: I am currently downloading the hotfix, and I will change the mod if necessary in the morning.

December 4, 2010 1:00:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The new version is up. I have updated the values to reflect the new hot fix.

December 6, 2010 12:20:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Kenata!  I finally re-implemented mods with my 1.09p (wanted to play without them for a bit to get a feel for the changes), so I have your weapons mod in place again.

I'm really liking your 'special' attacks.  The only one I'm seeing an issue with so far is Flurry.  The first attack always causes 0 damage, the other two still cause damage (with the third attack usually slightly less than the second one).

Also, I like your 'rest' ability.  I think this should be implemented universally (so everyone can use it), as being able to park for a bit and get 2 health back is very useful, but doesn't seem overpowered to me.  Especially with the greater number of hit points our heroes have now.

Domination seems slightly overpowered (Assassin ability), but that's a 'core' ability (not one of yours), and it only effects one target at a time, so that lessens it's usefulness suitably.  Once simultaneous combat is in play, that will probably balance out the ability nicely.

Improved fortification (the one that only works for a turn after you cast it, to simulate setting your spear for a charge) seems about right.  Initially, I thought it should last a little longer, but once I realized what you were trying to simulate it made more sense.

Finally, any chance you know about the Twilight Axe?  This is part of that 'Titan's Blacksmith' quest those of us who shopped at WalMart or BestBuy get.  It has no special abilities, and currently has a 10 attack (2 handed).  This probably should be added to your mod at some point, and tweaked appropriately.

Keep up the good work!

December 8, 2010 4:09:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just an update to everyone. I have looked through the game changes and played with 1.15 in 1.09q. Everything seems to be good to go for using 1.15 with the new patch.

December 8, 2010 8:45:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Woot! This mod has broken 150 downloads. I would like to thank everyone who has tried it and I want everyone to know that I will be attempting to further balance the abilities. Right now, A few of the abilities are just a wee bit off in my opinion, like deep gash. I would very much appreciate any input people have concerning the various weapons.

December 10, 2010 1:33:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, I have reached that point where I think it is time for a real update. 1.09s is fairly stable, so an overhaul is in order. I would like to make a real request to the community. As I go through the overhaul, it is super important that people give me some feedback so that we as a group can make this a really fun and interesting mod.

December 10, 2010 5:28:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey kenata!

I have two fun ideas for you for one of your next updates.

1) Dual Wield! 

Essentially, you'd buy a 'Sword/Dagger Combo' or similar in the shop.  The greater attack value is the default value the game uses, and then you'd create a 'dual attack' ability similar to the flurry ability you have now.  Probably with a -1 to the attack strength of each or something similar?  Plus you could have other options (dual parry, parry + attack, etc.).

2) Bow/Weapon combo

As above, you'd purchase the two weapons as a combo in the shop.  The melee weapon is the default attack, and then you'd create a 'Bow Attack' ability that you could use instead of the regular attack.  There probably should be a penalty somewhere (to dodge, speed, or accuracy) to reflect the extra weight you are packing around, as a balancer.

This would also work for axe throwers/spear chuckers...

The only downside is that since the game treats your abilities as 'spells', Darklings and similar will be immune, at least until a fix appears... but that's only a minor inconvenience I think.

December 12, 2010 3:00:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, I just posted my first significant update since Thanksgiving. The biggest change is that most of the buffs and debuffs are now stat based. I had to change how some of the calculations were done, so please let me know if yall run into anything wacky.

December 12, 2010 4:03:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice job. Only thing I noticed was the Spells tag needs a / at the end of the file, and the Gamemodifier needs to be closed(also missing a / ) at line 261. I dont think either of these things break anything, but I'm not sure about the gamemodifier one.

December 12, 2010 4:19:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I thought of an easier way to handle thrown weapons.

You'd purchase 'Thrown Dagger' in the shop.  This would be an accessory (or whatever to get it to show up where the Tomes, Potions, etc. do now at the bottom of the screen).  Then write up  a spell effect 'thrown attack' for the item.

Then you'd click on the item, target your enemy and voila! Dagger disappears from inventory and said target may have a dagger stuck in him...

Not sure if you could equip an item set up in this way (so you could wield it).  Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001125   Page Render Time: