[1.09n][UI] Equip button on unit portrait not functioning

By on November 23, 2010 12:04:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

MattSan

Join Date 11/2008
+4

On the unit portrait there now appears an "Equip" button that is transparent.  It has the mouseover text "View Equipment".  Clicking on this button does nothing.

To get the equipment screen still requires clicking on the portrait and then clicking on "Equip" on the hiergamenon page.

Also, Equipment NEEDS a hotkey. Either "E" for equipment or "I" for inventory.  Absolutely required functionality for any game that has an inventory system.

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 23, 2010 12:47:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i had same problem - turned out my character diddent have anything in inventory and hence the equip button was deactivated - when i bought one item the equipment button worked agasin

November 23, 2010 12:56:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Redwind85,
i had same problem - turned out my character diddent have anything in inventory and hence the equip button was deactivated - when i bought one item the equipment button worked agasin

Still a bug as it breaks user expectation.  Even with no equipment I should still be taken to the equipment screen.  Anything else makes the user think the button is broken.

November 23, 2010 1:46:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Verifying that I've seen the same problem.  The button only works after you've added something to the inventory for that hero/sovereign (via shop, ruins, trading, or combat).

For now, the workaround I use is to click on the character portrait, then click on the 'equip' button or whatever it is in the character info card.  That'll get you to the inventory. 

This becomes necessary as I like to know what equipment I have on hand before entering the shop and end up buying something that hero already has.

November 23, 2010 2:20:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

even better would be for the shop to display equipment in the inventory tab (or extra tab) along with what slot the stuff goes to, rather than just odd bits that you can sell.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: