1.09n Beta - Charisma

By on November 20, 2010 10:44:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hfbrooklyn

Join Date 03/2008
+1

Is charisma working for anyone else or no? Supposed to be cha/5 of a champ = +prestige on a city. Im not getting bonuses though.

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 20, 2010 10:48:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm also getting nothing, tried with 10 charisma and 15 charisma.

Edit: Actually, that was a sovereign, not a champion.

November 20, 2010 10:48:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So far, I have the same experience as you: charisma isn't working at all.

November 20, 2010 10:34:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So Ive been playing that same game I was in before and I wanted to test Charisma so I left some champs(not my Sov) in a settlement for a great number of turns. Also, to see if the 10% admin bonus works, which it does.

Turns out my prestige is negative now (-1) which is frightening, to say the least. I guess Ill play further and see if I can fix it otherwise Ill just raze the city...

On second thought, after alttabbing back into my game, maybe the prestige -1 is because i'm building something at the moment. Ofcourse, it seems like it should be prestige 0 but I dont know, I need to look at this more.

Another alarming feature of this one city is that the build types are greatly exaggerated. 20 turns for a granary? I saw some scaling in terms of build times on other cities but everything in this city is about 20 turns now.

I just destroyed magnar's empire... the magnarites or whatever they're called and prestige is normal and so is build times. So maybe the problems I had were an enchant? But then, if they were, I'm not sure when Magnar cast them seeing as how he was so gimped in the learning skilsl aspect because I took all his stuff. Not to mention I'm not entirely sure he'd ever had a unitnear the settlement in question.

Another edit: Or maybe it's food. I just got a f point boost to food after building a farm. The farm was built one turn after everything went to normal though; the turn after I took the magnarite capital.

November 20, 2010 11:53:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Charisma is kinda' by dump stat (I want to be a beast on the battlefield, not somebody everybody likes.  If I wanted to be somebody everybody liked I'd figure out how to mod in my 'just cause' spell)

November 21, 2010 1:58:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think I know what's happening (at least 1 aspect of it) - the prestige amount of a city seems to only be calculated when a prestige building is built; I left my sovereign in my starting city to attract the masses, and kept checking - 2 prestige (I chose royalty).  After the beacon of hope - wham! - 6 prestige (2base + becon + 2 sovereign).  After that no change, no matter how many heroes I post in my cities.

November 21, 2010 11:10:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would still like charisma to affect purchasing costs in shops and recruiting costs of champions in addition to prestige bonus.

November 21, 2010 2:49:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Charisma should also affect quest rewards and be a quest prerequisite.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time: