Patch 1.09o was released on Thursday 12/2/2010
1. Fixes an issue where animals won't attack cities (looks like combat will start but then it ends without combat).
2. Fixed a crash when clicking on the game concepts or walkthru entries in the Hiergamenon.
3. You can no longer drink some quest items (like the magic flute).
4. Storm now correctly has a mana cost.
5. New diplomatic conditions: - You killed my kid -5 to diplomacy - You're wiping others out -2 - Seriously, you're out of control -5 - Early game +1 - Not very strong +1 - Focusing on other enemies +1
6. AI: AI is more thread safe (fixes crashes).
7. AI: Monsters will run away from tougher enemies.
8. AI: Intelligent monsters tend to band together with other types of monsters
9. AI: Intelligent monsters will actively target weaker units (or cities) -- beware
10. AI: Intelligent monsters will run away from tougher units
11. AI: AI significantly better at choosing new city locations
12. AI: Pioneers update their paths to avoid accidentally attacking other settlements
13. AI: AI more intelligently evaluates the value of an area of land.
14. AI: AI somewhat better at choosing which unit to build in a city
15. AI: Monsters more intelligent regarding selecting victims.
16. AI: Monsters are more aggressive.
17. AI: More Monsters are spawned early on.
18. AI: Pioneer behavior is more intelligent in selecting area.
19. AI: AI more effective at defending cities.
20. AI: AI more effective at reinforincing cities that are under threat.
21. Some strategic buff spells now have no range requirement (easier for human and AI players).
22. Non-capital cities have a population storage of 10 (instead of 0 for the outpost which caused problems).
23. Bows reduced from:
Crude Bow: Attack 6, Accuracy -2, Range 8
Cedar Shortbow: Attack 15, Accuracy -2, Range 8
Cedar Longbow: Attack 23, Accuracy -2, Range 8
Crude Bow: Attack 4, Accuracy -2, Range 6
Cedar Shortbow: Attack 9, Range 8
Cedar Longbow: Attack 12, Range 10
24. Pioneer Packs are available when designing units.
25. Redesign of the CombatRating calculation to give a more accurate reflection (not perfect but much better) of a unit or army's effective combat strength.
26. Renamed "Quests" to "Lore Recovery". Ancient Lore renamed to "Greater Lore"
27. AI better at valuing trade offers
28. AI: AI now intelligently casts strategic spells
29. Procipinee thong crisis averted.
30. Improved performance of moving units into and out of cities.
31. New Improvement: Library. Studies upgrade to libraries when a city reaches level 3 and the player has civics. Libraries provide 2 knowledge per turn. (Fallen version added called the Master Archivist).
32. Gold Mines now require Harvesting tech to use
33. Lost Libraries now require Lore Recovery to use
34. Ancient Temples now require Arcane research to use
35. Schools now only require civics and level 2 (was level 3) to build and can be built in 10 turns instead of 15.
36. Inns can now be built by level 2 cities without a prerequisite.
37. Removed the range requirement for more strategic spells
38. Diplomacy dialog text changes based on who they are talking to
39. Close borders now has a -2 weight (was -1)
40. Different ideology now has a -5 weight (was -1) since AIs were getting a bit too buddy buddy with each other.
41. Implemented the Tremor spell. Strategic earth spell that immobilizes a unit in your ZoC for a turn.
42. Implemented the Slow spell. Strategic water spell that reduces the movement of an enemy army in your ZoC to 1 per turn.
43. Military Policy crash fixed.
44. Dead players no longer show up in the faction window.
45. Storm lightning bolt no longer appears to hit the caster (cosmetic).
46. When a city is conquered enchantments on the city are canceled.
47. Titans call is now correctly a level 5 spell.
48. When you access the spellbook from the kingdom report window (either through the tabs on the side, the shortcut in the actions area when nothing is selected, or from the little icon by the spell research status bar in the main tray wnd), it now sets the local player's sovereign as the caster, so that the spells can be cast without needing to expressly select a spellcaster on the main map
49. Fixed bug where tech category was always reset to Civilization after loading a save game.
50. NPC hubs updated to not exude influence, which improves calculation time and lets you walk up to a NPC city.
51. Fixed bug where ZOC was not accurate after loading a game because the city tiles didn’t recalculate their values after loading.
52. Updated the ZOC save/load code that is not currently used by Elemental. ZOC is currently re-calculated from the sources, which works since influence does not linger after a source is removed. But if that changes, we’ll need this code, and I initially thought that it would be necessary to save/load the ZOC data.
53. Royalty talent reduced from +100% to prestige to +10%.
54. Archery is no in the equipment line and required for ranged weapons (previously it was possible to learn ranged weapons and have access to bows but be unable to build archery ranges so you couldnt build archers).
55. Summoned units don't have essence anymore (so they cant summon other creatures).
56. Clicking on a players entry in the Faction Power window opens diplomacy with that player.
57. Fixed an issue with combat damage for spells, ranged damage and special attacks like crushing blow.
58. Fixed an issue with gold being given out from combat (to much was being given).
59. All factions given a starting tech:
Kingdom of Altar- Exploration
Kingdom of Capitar- Trading
Kingdom of Gilden- Civics
Kingdom of Tarath- Training
Kingdom of Pariden- Arcane Research
Empire of Yithril- Tools of War
Empire of Umber- Reunion
Empire of Magnar- Mapping
Empire of Resoln- Lore Mastery
Empire of Kraxis- Proper Living
60. Hovering over enemy units in tactical will give you your hit odds and damage ranges.
61. Logistics and City Defense tech order reversed (formorlly you got the command post to build groups early but couldn't build it because it required a rank 3 city).
62. Fixed a bug where tactical battle maps would not render props after multiple battles.
63. Villa Improvement added (replaces apartments), +60 pop, -1 food.
64. Houses moved up to the Economics tech (they were coming way to late).
65. Slums food cost reduced from 4 to 2 (to make slums efficient, if not pleasant to live in).
66. Slums moved back from the Proper Living to Majesty tech.
67. Fixed mounted archer animations.
68. Fixed bug that allowed you to talk to yourself, NPC player, or creatures if you select the unit and hit the Talk button (for NPCs and creatures, this would crash if you then tried to trade with them).
69. Added the Summon Ice Elemental spell.
70. Added the Pillar of Flame spell.
71. Added the Inferno spell.
72. Added the Summoners Boon spell.
73. Fixed a bug with Natures Bounty that allowed it to be cast on cities that weren't producing food.
74. Removed Leather armor Shirt, Chain mail shirt and scale mail shirt.
75. Implemented changes to Prestige generating improvements (and city hubs) as follows:
City hubs now automatically produce some prestige per turn equal to 1 - (0.1 * number of non-capital cities), with a min prestige production of 0.2 per turn
Beacon of Hope- +1 prestige
Fortress- +1 prestige, 1 per city, city level 5
Pub- +1.5 prestige, 1 per city, city level 3
Inn- +1 prestige, 1 per city, city level 2
Theater- +2 prestige, 1 per city, city level 4
Palace- +2 prestige, 1 per faction, city level 4
Great Arena- +4 prestige, +25% prestige in all cities, 1 per game, city level 5
Tower of Civilization- +1 prestige
Imperial Throne- +2 prestige, 1 per faction, city level 4
Statue of Kir-Tion- +25% prestige in all cities, 1 per game, city level 2
Monument- +0.5 prestige, unlimited, city level 2
This is to make population more critical (since it won't grow as quickly).
76. City levels changed from 25/100/400/1250 to 10/50/250/1000.
77. Added a mana maintenance window (so you can see where all your mana is going and disel any enchantments easily if you don't want to pay the maintenance cost anymore).
78. Number of monsters spawned now based on world difficulty level.
79. Reduced base Sovereign mana from 3 to 2.
80. Added a new Sovereign talent, Attunement , which increases mana by 2/turn.
81. Assigned the Attunement talent to Procipinee.
82. Increased Shard Shrines from 1 mana/turn to 2 mana/turn.
83. Moved Shard Harvesting/Shard Domination to later in the tech tree.
84. Fixed a mousewheel scrolling bug for some mice.
85. Fixed a bug where NPCs that spawn as an army weren't creating their subunits as champions.
86. UI now shows units that can't be built because buildings are required and lists the needed building (so you can see that you need an archery range to build those archers).
87. Fixed an issues that forced a player to pay all costs for improvement upgrades when a city upgraded (often running the player out of a resource and leaving empty holes in the city).
Known Issues (with 1.09n):
1. The campaign isn't playable.
2. There is currently no way to target a unit in an army for a strategic spell (without breaking him out of that army, which is a pain).
3. Gold modifier improvements (like markets) currently don't effect the tax rate. Making them useless in most cities.
This list will be updated as fixes are checked in (so you can see if an issue you are experiencing has been fixed yet).