I bought the game.....again!

By on October 31, 2010 6:04:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Malorey

Join Date 08/2010
+4

OK, call me stupid, but the first time I bought it was on release day and then there were all those problems and in my annoyance and frustration I accepted a 75% refund. Now I've bought it again to take advantage of the 2 free expansion packs before 31st Oct. and also because I've seen how Stardock and Froggy have been working and responding on this forum and bringing the game to its current stage and it's all very impressive.

What's also impressive is how the community have contributed and continue to contribute towards making this game the best that it can be and I don't want to miss out on that.

I may regret getting a refund the first time around, but I don't regret buying it again and I have real confidence in this game now and in SD and the community to make it something real amazing! Also looking forward to seeing what Kael brings to the table too because I have so much respect for the work he did on Civ 4.

It's good to be back! 

Locked Post 14 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 31, 2010 8:04:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The prodigal son returns!  Yay!

October 31, 2010 11:27:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Makes me wonder if they limit amount of times you can get refund for same game.

October 31, 2010 11:33:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Beware the wrath of Frogboy! He alone has always known the truth of all things.

Seriously though, welcome back Panda_Power. I guess it's rare to see someone pick up a game twice, and even rarer to see someone admit that they probably made a mistake the first time around. This IS the internet after all.

October 31, 2010 12:06:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

well well

you returned out of fear not loyalty

October 31, 2010 1:51:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

you returned out of fear not loyalty

Any return is a good return   Welcome back.............  .....  .......    oh yea GO San Francisco Giants....now where's my weed?

October 31, 2010 1:56:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah, the evil marketing plan worked.  issue 75% refund and then make the game better incouraging re-purchases = an additional 25% profit.  Simply brilliant!!!

Just kidding of course.  Welcome back!

October 31, 2010 5:34:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah, the evil marketing plan worked. issue 75% refund and then make the game better incouraging re-purchases = an additional 25% profit. Simply brilliant!!!

hahaha! if that was indeed frogboy's plan all along then hes a good ferengi indeed! All Hail Grand Nagus Frogboy!

October 31, 2010 11:55:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GCFL,
Ah, the evil marketing plan worked.  issue 75% refund and then make the game better incouraging re-purchases = an additional 25% profit.  Simply brilliant!!!

You know what else they did? After I got my refund the game was deactivated but it still showed up in Impulse as available for install, so it was always there just tempting me back, but just out of reach! I would lurk the forums and see how the game had progressed and how happy the community had become and then I just couldn't resist it anymore!

Good work SD, you made me succumb to temptation!

Well, there's not many games that get such a huge makeover so soon after release so with the upcoming 1.1 version and the 2 free expansions I'll be content paying my 125%!

November 1, 2010 2:56:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Welcome back guys! We're glad you're here. 

I don't know about you guys but for me, half the point of these games is the community experience. That was what kept drawing me back to Galactic Civilizations.

When you buy a Stardock game, you're not buying a disposable commodity. It's something that we hope people will want to play for years and years to come.

November 1, 2010 3:16:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I also got a refund early on (to one day purchase it again, hopefully).

Can someone tell me more about the expansions (content, pricing, etc.)? Seems like a good incentive to repurchase.

November 1, 2010 3:27:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When you buy a Stardock game, you're not buying a disposable commodity. It's something that we hope people will want to play for years and years to come.

Hmmm, more marketing verbage...what is his evil plan now?  Why do I feel compelled to demand my money back now only to purchase TWO additional licenses? no, no...I really just want to autodraft my paycheck to the Stardock business account. Yes Frogboy, we will comply. 

Seriously though...I am really looking forward to 1.1 and am happy to see folks returning for another try. 

November 1, 2010 6:43:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I enjoy the community that always grows around stardock games, and the openness and invlovement the developers have with the community, and to the OP welcome back indeed.

November 2, 2010 7:52:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting fatindian,
I also got a refund early on (to one day purchase it again, hopefully).

Can someone tell me more about the expansions (content, pricing, etc.)? Seems like a good incentive to repurchase.

For the expansions, nobody know for sure what will be in them (exept Frogboy, but we already torture him and didn't answer...). The first one will be free and if you'd bougth the game before 31 th october, you'll get the second free too .

November 3, 2010 6:37:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The prodigal son returns! Yay!

Bring hither the fatted calf & kill it---Welcome back Panda---I love Kung Fuuuuuuuu

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000641   Page Render Time: