Onward!

By on October 26, 2010 2:29:55 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1116

You know how it goes.

Game company releases game.  They put out a series of bug fix patches for a bit and then they move on until it’s time to get you to buy an expansion pack or two until it’s time to do a sequel. If the initial game gets panned or negative reviews, it’s typically abandoned.

And people wonder why gamers have gotten so cynical.

As people in our community know, that’s not how we do things here. 

Those of you who hang out here have seen us discussing the upcoming version 1.1 of Elemental: War of Magic.  This is a partial screenshot (right side of my screen) of some of the UI updates we’re doing.

For those of you who want to try v1.1 in beta, we plan to put out the first beta in about a week.

Until the end of THIS MONTH (October 31), anyone who purchase Elemental: War of Magic, will get the first two expansions for the game for free (as well as our normal long-term support for the game itself).

The purpose of this entry is to provide space for people who have questions on what we’re doing now versus in future updates. 

95 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 26, 2010 2:35:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Woot

October 26, 2010 2:43:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

Until the end of THIS MONTH (October 31), anyone who purchase Elemental: War of Magic, will get the first two expansions for the game for free (as well as our normal long-term support for the game itself).

Is this offered retroactively as well?

I understand it's important to drum up new customers, but what about those of us who have supported E:WOM since the beginning?

October 26, 2010 2:46:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The purpose of this entry is to provide space for people who have questions on what we’re doing now versus in future updates.

I guess my main question is a general one about modding.

What additional modding support is planned, and in what time frame?

Edit: Maybe I should rephrase, because I know developers hate giving ETAs since players latch on to them like I don't know what.

What additional modding support is planned for release between now and up to and including the first expansion?

October 26, 2010 2:53:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The retroactive bit was already stated a while back.

October 26, 2010 2:54:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

is food a cumulative resource now?

October 26, 2010 3:02:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Mighty_NJS,
is food a cumulative resource now?

Or at least the food bug (build farms.  Get city upgrade.  Destroy farms.  Repeat on another city) gone?

October 26, 2010 3:11:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting louist,

quoting post

I understand it's important to drum up new customers, but what about those of us who have supported E:WOM since the beginning?

I think he means everyone who bought it up till the end of oct will get the exps for free!

I think?

October 26, 2010 3:17:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting louist,

quoting post

Of course. It's everyone from October 31 back.

October 26, 2010 3:23:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Quoting louist, reply 2
quoting post

That's pretty damn sweet.

October 26, 2010 3:29:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Quoting louist, reply 2
quoting post

If I registered the game on Impulse that's enough to get these free expansions, right? Or is there need to do something else as well?

October 26, 2010 3:32:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

do you have to have the game registered to get the credit of th expansions?... i've had the game but dont got it registered so im very curious if u need to have it registered.

October 26, 2010 3:35:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting noobshot,
do you have to have the game registered to get the credit of th expansions?... i've had the game but dont got it registered so im very curious if u need to have it registered.

If it has been purchased then it should be registered with Impulse anyways, how else are you getting updates? Anyways, I think it's pretty safe to say it will have to be a registered copy with Impulse.

October 26, 2010 3:39:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would love to be part of the beta. Never done something like that before.

So...all I know is, as a betatester I have to give feedback. But what are the exact terms? How much feedback? How much do i have to write? Daily? Can you tell me something about that?

As i wrote, i´d love to be part of it, but it would be disappointing, if i cant be really helpful. 

EDIT/

New Quests and Notable Locations? Included in 1.1?

October 26, 2010 3:39:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

well yes i bought it and i have it on impulse from the get go. i just dont have it registered with stardock i believe. sadly im at work stupid isp with comcast has been down for days(at home) some dam area problem. such a hassle

October 26, 2010 3:42:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So does 1.1 count as an expansion? or is it just a major patch for the game.

October 26, 2010 3:44:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

registered on impulse means it's registered, doesn't it... what other registration is there?!

October 26, 2010 3:47:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seeing as you're such a philanthropist Frogboy, why don't you add that as a Sovereign trait?

No, but the work seems like it's shaping up to be really good. Thanks for the update.

October 26, 2010 4:17:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It would be entirely possible to purchase a copy at a store, but not install it, in which case it would not be registered.

October 26, 2010 4:20:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I didn't see where I can put my registration for beta test... can't wait to play it. And, I also have the same question that Lantros have...

Quoting alaknebs,
registered on impulse means it's registered, doesn't it... what other registration is there?!

When you purchase a game with impulse, you automaticly register your game. No hassle, no CD, no whatever need after that, just fun and download

EDIT: Also, for the beta testing, my english is not so well, will it cause some problems?

October 26, 2010 4:49:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm so sad. I like Population as a resource but I do not like the fact that you are showing population in such small numbers I liked seeing my total population in the thousands, it adds to the atmosphere of my civilization. If you are just going to have population as a resource and make it small numbers that part will be ruined Unless I am misunderstanding things it looks like population will be represented as just small numbers for resource purposes but not show total population?  

October 26, 2010 5:19:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Errr, haven't you ever seen any sort of chart or graph that has population written in scientific notation? It lists the population in millions or whatever the base unit is. Surely you can imagine this being the case here as well.

October 26, 2010 5:19:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting noobshot,

You need to have updated it from Impulse at some point. It's the only way we know the date.

October 26, 2010 5:21:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BlackRainZ,

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm so sad. I like Population as a resource but I do not like the fact that you are showing population in such small numbers I liked seeing my total population in the thousands, it adds to the atmosphere of my civilization. If you are just going to have population as a resource and make it small numbers that part will be ruined Unless I am misunderstanding things it looks like population will be represented as just small numbers for resource purposes but not show total population?  

You will have thousands of people still.  

The difference is that they're actually doing something other than providing a statistic.

October 26, 2010 5:25:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Thanks Frogboy and Psychoak. This was the first I'd heard/read about the expansions, and I got a little... defensive

Still excited for the magic revamp, and can't wait for 1.1.

October 26, 2010 5:40:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

New quests and notable locations... I seriously ca not wait!

Thank you frogboy     

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time: