[eMOD] Adventure Content Pack v1.41 [for 1.2]

Version 1.41 Released 4/16/2011

By on October 16, 2010 5:34:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

impinc

Join Date 07/2010
+30

If you're interested in this mod, and would like help, post here, or PM me. 

Download:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/elemental_war_of_magic/12/

Note: To install, unzip the file into your mods folder (in my docs) ex :

C:\users\yourname\My Documents\My Games\Elemental\Mods\ACP

C:\users\yourname\My Documents\My Games\Elemental\Mods\Gfx\ACPGfx

[This is for Win 7. Win XP is slightly different, look for the Elemental directory under My Documents].

Included is a mapobject file for Elementerra 2 (so that you will see ACPs goodiehuts)

Note:

The Adventure Content Pack now includes Artifact. You no longer need to download that seperately. Please delete the old Artifact directory before installing. If you do not want artifact included, it has it's own directory, so you can just delete it.

If you are running Kenata's Updated Weapons mod, artifact will automatically use those abilities. If you do not have it installed, then you won't get any abilities. Besides, I forgot to add in the non UW version and things got overwritten.

What this mod adds

1. Recruitable NPCs

2. Quests

3. GoodieHuts 

4. Monsters

Recruitable NPCs

This is a smattering of the NPCs you will be able to recruite with the mod. All NPCs are of the Fallen races, as there are none in the "vanilla" game. The fallen armor set has been added to the Kingdom techs so that if you play a Kingdom, you can equip the Fallen NPCs. Right now, there are almost 50 additional NPCs that are added with this mod.

In trying to keep with the general feel of the game, I've added tactical abilities to all of the NPCs. Seeing as the races of Men all have strategic abilities (+1 tech, arcane, etc) which are geared towards furthering the empire they serve, I figured tactical, combat based abilities would suit the Fallen races well, as they are more geared to destroy.

All abilities in the mod are unique to each race, and also scale with the appropriate stat. Abilities listed at the end of this post.

The general idea I went with for the races is as follows:

Quendar - More of a dexterity based race, abilities that modify accuracy, dodge, and combat speed.

Trogs - A hearty race, they have high constitution with abilities dealing with dmg, counter attacks, etc.

Urxen - A very strong race. Abilities modify things like attack, defense, counter attacks

Wraiths - Their strength is intelligence. They make the best spellcasters, and have magic related abilities.

Quests

This is the most time consuming thing to do in this mod. As more options get opened up to us modders for quests, I will add more. I just don't want to keep doing the same thing over and over.

Note: All the battles in the quests are quite large, with quite a few opponents. They are designed with the idea that you will be doing the quests with a party, or army. Anything above level 1 or so, you will NEED a good army to take on the battles! Also, you most likely WILL lose people, so plan accordingly!

Level 1 Quests:

A Problem with Wolves (two versions) : This is a simple quest to kill a couple of wolves. The reward is choosing from the nobleman's children to join your cause. The two versions are identical except one will give you a choice of 4 females, one gives you a choice of 4 males. The idea being, you could get a suitable champion to marry to pump out babies like rabbits. However, there's a dud in each one.

Haunted Vagabonds : This is a quest to help out some vagabonds who are being tormented by the undead. If you can help them, you can receive their knowledge of the cleaver to equip yourself, or your troops with.

Level 2 Quests:

A Sage's Request: A basic quest to retrieve the sage's prized "scroll" from his old assistant. You have basically two ways to achieve this. There's a third option to just forget everything, but what fun is that?

Long Forgotton Temple: This is actually a quest disguised as a goodiehut. You still get a goodie, but you must fight the archer to get it. (*Wuss penalty applied)

Tomb Of Hagall: Depending on how you play this one, you can end up with 25 spellpoints, a 25% boost to research or prestige, or a 25% reduction to Gold or Food for 20 turns. You can always get the 25 spellpoints, but the 25% boost/reductions are given at random. It's basically 50/50 for good vs bad. 

Return Of The Undead: Again, vagabonds are harrassed by the undead. Tougher fight, but you can gain their knowledge of dual claws (again for you, or your troops).

Level 3 Quests:

Old Homestead: A family is being harrased by a pack of umberdroths. Don't underestimate them, as they are immune to spells.

The Ranger's Stolen Boots: This one took me quite a while to do. It will probably take you a bit to complete it to. There are a couple of battles here which will cause some trouble. It also depends on how you decide to handle the situations. You also get to choose your reward.

Undead Culmination: Those poor vagabonds. This is a pretty tough fight, make sure you have help, and something to heal . With this you will achieve the knowledge of the bone bow (it's pretty bad ass) which of course you, or your troops can use. The vagabonds also concede that they cannot live in the wild, and join you. (A resource is placed, like refugee camp, and they provide 150 population).

Level 4 Quests:

Fresh Ruins: Investigate some freshly made ruins throughout the land. Quest battles get quite intense at this point culminating into a battle with a dragon. 

Heh, a fight with a dragon, and I haven't even created any level 5 quests yet.

GoodieHuts

Heavily Guarded Resources

The picture above is from two of the four heavily guarded resources. They are the four shards from the core game, although there is a small chance you don't end up with a shard, but not to worry, you will at least get some kind of resource for getting through those battles (they're not meant to be easy).

Those are the flashy ones. The rest are designed to be like the goodiehuts you normally see in the game. The amount of huts added is quite large, and there's a large amount of treasure in each hut (as in, there are many different treasure possibilities for each hut). Several new tiles were also inserted to enhance the variety.

Another thing to note: Not all goodiehuts are good! Some have traps in them, or have nothing at all.

The Artifact mod has been merged into this one. There are weapon caches throughout the 5 notable location levels which give some kind of magic weapon (hundreds of possibilities). Thanks go to Heavenfall and Kenata. For more info on artifact, you can check out the original thread here: http://forums.elementalgame.com/402428 

Monsters

In order of appearance: Skeleton Captain, Zombie Captain, "The Head", Possessed Battle Axe

The Undead have made their way into the lands.

Skeletons have been seen wandering around. There's a regular Skeleton, skeleton captain, and a giant skeleton captain.

Then there are the pesky Zombies. That zombie captain can be a pest as he has a disease cloud special ability.

Floating monsters! Above you see "The Head", a diseased Wraith head. Some say he is undead. Others say he has a body, but because of an invisibility spell gone wrong, his head is the only visible thing left. While he wasn't always the best spellcaster in the land, he did manage to perfect the Fireball. It does 12 damage, and also has a 2 round burning effect as well.

Then you get the floating weapons. There's a club, a cursed shortsword, a possessed battle axe (Above), and the great scimitar of death.

Weapons

Artifact Mod which comes included in this mod adds in over 80 different weapon models. A few axes, a few spears, hammers, etc. Mainly there are a LOT of different swords here. Pretty much guaranteeing you getting a truly unique weapon!

Some weapons are added as techs which can be found through quests (so you can equip your troops with them). The three added so far:

* Cleaver - This has the Bleeding Strike, and Windup abilities from Updated Weapons. 7 Attack.

* Dual Claws - These dual claws have the Flurry, and Cleave abilities from Updated Weapons. 10 Att. 25% Counter attack multiplier. +2 Dodge.

* Bone Bow - Modified PoisonShot ability. 20 Att. +5 Accuracy

These weapons below will be found in goodiehuts. This is the list of weapons going into version 1.1. 

- * Short Sword - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/ShortSword.jpg  

- Rusty Short Sword - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/RustyShortSword.jpg 

- * Machete1 - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/Machete1.jpg 

- * Machete2 - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/Machete2.jpg 

- Steel Spear - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/SteelSpear.jpg 

- Heavy Spear - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/HeavySpear.jpg 

- War Axe - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/WarAxe.jpg 

- * Silvian Sword - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/SilvianSword.jpg 

- Sword Of Slaying - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/SwordOfSlaying.jpg 

- * Blade Of The Titans - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/BladeOfTheTitans.jpg 

- * Silvian Great Blade - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/SilvianGreatBlade.jpg

* - Models and artwork by 3DGrunge.

Shields

These still need their attachments fixed, which will hopefully happen in the near future. These are also found via goodiehuts.

- Shield (Still needs a unique name) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/Shield1.jpg 

- Holy Shield http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/HolyShield.jpg 

- Heavy Spiked Shield http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/HeavySpikedShield.jpg 

Headgear

Like the above, these are found via goodiehuts.

- Blood Iron Helm http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/BloodIronHelm.jpg 

- Rusty Helm http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/RustyHelm.jpg 

- Tempered Iron Helm http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8949112/Shots/Weaponpics/TemperedIronHelm.jpg

- Bandit Mask +2 Charisma, 5% Chance of Double Damage *Note: This can be worn with other head gear such as: 

- Bandit Hat +1 Defense +3 Dodge +1 Sight

- Skull Mask +2 Defense +2 Dodge +5 Charisma Unlocks Frighten Ability

- Wizard's Hat +3 Defense +10 Dodge +5 Intelligence

Armguards

- Rusty Vambrances +4 Defense

Greaves

- Cheap Heavy Greaves +6 Defense

Ability List

Quendar Abilities:

Pinpoint - +35% accuracy + an additional 2% per DEX point above 14. Combat speed is halved. [Self/3 turns]

Slippery - +5 dodge +1 additional per DEX over 12. Unit loses (DEX)% accuracy. [Self/3 turns]

Swiftness - Boost of DEX/10 to combat speed, but lowers counter attack effectiveness by 30%. [Rangeof1/3 Turns]

Distraction - Lower accuracy 25% +1% per DEX above 15. [EnemyUnit/3 Turns] [AOE2]

Gale Winds - Lower combat speed by ( (DEX/9) * 10 )%. [EnemyUnit/3 Turns] [AOE1]

Take Aim (Group) - +1% per DEX to Accuracy [Self/2turns] [AOE1]

Prepare Dodge (Group) - +1% per DEX to Dodge [Self/2 turns] [AOE1]

Marked Enemy - Target unit gets -3 to dodge (-1% per point of Dex) [EnemyUnit/3 turns] 

Slowness - Debuffs DEX/10 to target unit's combat speed for 3 turns. [EnemyUnit/3 turns] 

Blinding - Target unit's accuracy is decreased by 20% (+2 per DEX above 14). [EnemyUnit/3 turns]

Marked Enemies - Target units gets -2 to dodge (-.5% per point of Dex) [EnemyUnit/3 turns] [AOE1]

Great Focus - This buff grants a bonus to accuracy (DEX*3)/2 % for 3 turns.  [FriendlyUnit/3 turns] [AOE1]

Trog Abilities:

Tend Wounds - Heal CON/3 HP. [Rangeof1]

Weaken - Reduce attack by CON%. [EnemyUnit/lasts entire combat]

Brave Sir Robin - Escape the battle at a sacrifice of DEX/3 HP. 

Sneak Attack - Does not provoke counter attacks for 2 turns. [Self]

Smoke Bomb - Unit throws a smoke bomb, and moves 2 tiles away.

Soul Stealer - Drains a minimum of (CON/6)+1 HP , maximum (CON/3)+5 which gets transfered to the caster. 

Gas Cloud - Drain CON/3 HP. [EnemyUnit/3 turns]

Rallying Cry - 25% Counter attack bonus. [FriendlyUnit/3 Turns] [AOE2] 

Call To Defense - CON/9 to Defense, -3 attack, ( (CON/8) * 5 )% HP boost. [FriendlyUnit/3 turns] [AOE2]

Rally Defense - Defense(1% per CON) counter multiplier(+1% per CON) accuracy(-30%+0.5% per CON) [Friendly/2 turns] [AOE1]

Stun Group - 2% + 1% Per CON chance to lose turn [EnemyUnit/2 turns] [AOE1]

Defense Drain - Unit drains enemy's defenses by CON/3 for 2 turns. [Self/2 turns] [AOE1]

Urxen Abilities:

Concentrated Shot - +30% +1% per point of STR above 15 to attack. Lose counter attack for 1 turn. [Self]

Defensive Stance - STR/8 boost to defense, str/8 reduction of attack. [Self/2 turns]

Instant Rage - 150% boost to counter attacks, combat speed lowered by 2. [Self/2 turns]

Sacrifice - Unit loses STR/4 HP, but gains STR/4 in attack. [Self/2 turns]

Ground Stomp - Knockback targets STR/12 tiles, and lose turn. [EnemyUnit/1 turn] [AOE1]

Insight Riot - add STR/4 to attack, lose STR/4 defense. [FriendlyUnit/2 turns] [AOE2]

Rally Attack - Attack (1% per STR) defense(-20%+0.5%perSTR) [Friendly/2 turns] [AOE1]

All Out Assault - Attack(1% per STR) Defense/dodge(-30%+0.5%perSTR) [AllFriendlies/2 turns] [All Friendly, very big AOE]

Harrowing Howl - Defense lowered by ((STR*3)/2)%. [Self/2 turns] [AOE1]

Wraith Abilities:

Mind Melt - INT lowered by INT/3. [EnemyUnit/3 turns]

Magic Defense - Magic Resistance boosted by INT/4. [AnyFriendlyUnit/4 turns]

BattleForm - Lose INT/4 magic resistance to gain INT/4 in attack. [Self/2 turns]

Magic Boost - Gain 50% boost to INT, but movement is significantly more costly. [Self/2 turns]

Invigorate - Boost attack by INT/10. [FriendlyUnitwithin2/4 turns] [AOE2]

Paralyze - Lose turn. [EnemyUnit/2 turns] [AOE1]

Mass Spell Defense - INT/3 boost to magic resistance. [FriendlyUnit/4 turns] [AOE1]

Frighten Group - chance to lose turn(2% Per INT), counter(-1% Per INT) [Enemy/1 turn] [AOE1]

Mass Immunity - Immune from spells (75 mana) [Friendly/4 turns] [AOE1]

Air Awareness - Adds INT/4 to dodge against ranged attacks. [Friendly/3 turns] [AOE1]

Death From Above -  Subtracts INT/5 from dodge against ranged attacks [Enemy/3 turns] [AOE1]

Mend Group - Restore Health (1.0%PerInt) [Friendly] [AOE1]

* AOE mean area of effect. The number after it represents the radius. So, AOE1 means that the ability will effect units within a 1 tile radius (which is actually 9 total tiles).

If there's any other type of adventuring type thing you'd like see added, let me know any ideas.

Credits so far:

RavenX 

Kenata 

Murteas

Heavenfall 

John Hughes 

Oddrheia

FearZone

jmccrea

Pinned, Locked Post 263 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 16, 2010 11:01:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Edited on 10/18 12:30am

Changelog v0.2

- Added Wraith Zombie (with slightly modified skin to more resemble wraith skin color) [Monster]

- Added Aruunir (A Trog who was driven insane after years of trying to channel magic) [Monster]

- Added Old Temple (2, each spawning random things) [GoodieHut]

- Added "A Sage's Request" (My first fully functional quest, yay!) [Quest]

Quests take quite a bit to get working (there's alot to test). But I finally have it down (for the most part). One thing that really got me with this quest. I wanted to give a boost to research. Similar to getting spellpoints to advance your spell research. However, after much hair-pulling-out-ing, I figured out that the Quest system just does NOT allow you to use the research modtype in the gamemodifier. It just doesn't work. Which is strange considering there are in-game quests which are supposed to give that boost as well. Hopefully this is a bug they can fix. If anyone else can get it to work in a quest let me know.

Next step I'm taking is to hold off on adding more stuff, and to tweak the stuff that's there. If people submit anything, that will get added in to the next release version. If you do decide to do something (quest, goodiehut, npc, monster), just send me the xml. I'll go about consolidating the xmls. All files begin with ACP_.

Changelog v0.3

- Added Scenic Ruins. This gives you 5 Elementium, but costs 50 Diplomatic Capital because you destroyed the ruins (and the scenic area) [GoodieHut]

- Added Darkling Giant. This is just a darkling enlarged, with a hefty stat increase. [Monster]

- Added Sehagh. This is an evil wraith with some very unfriendly fire spells. Higher level, beware! [Monster]

- Added The Ranger's Stolen Boots. This took quite some time to pump out. I had to create a couple new units, a couple new items, a new tile (along with a couple of Oddrheia's tiles), and alot of time. This quest is a bit more complicated than A Sage's Request. It's level 3, and bring back up. Lots of it. There's one battle with I believe 10 to 11 units. They're not all powerful, but if you go alone with just your Sov, he better be real strong. There are a couple of options in this quest, and everything should work. At the end you have four options for your reward, how will you play it? [Quest]

Ok, so I couldn't help myself. I added a few more things. Now I will wait a couple days to see what I get from the community.

Changelog v0.4

- Thankfully, Fearzone found what was crashing some people's game. This has been fixed in this version. [BugFix]

- Added Heavenfall's goodiehut (shards anyone?) [GoodieHut]

- Ruined house got a "bad" hut and hits you for -5 mana. [GoodieHut]

- Lost pouch goodie hut now has a trap -5 HP. (Keep in mind these 'goodiehuts' that are bad do NOT overwrite the good one, just add spice) [GoodieHut]

- Added a quasi quest/goodiehut. Basically, fight the monster, get the reward. [Quest, more like a goodiehut with a fight]

- Added a bad version of Swamp Fountain - nothing found. [GoodieHut]

- Added another bad goodeihut (G_tomb) [GoodieHut]

- Added a bad instance of abandoned caravan, [GoodieHut]

- Added fallen fortress [GoodieHut]

- A little bit of tweaking of NPCs

- Added fire golem. [Monster]

- Added dirt spider [Monster]

Changelog v0.5

- Added a couple more "bad" goodiehuts

- Added a new level 3 quest. [Uses John Hughes' two tiles]

- Added a couple more goodiehuts [One using another of John Hughes' tiles]

It's not too much added this version, but more tweaking is to come with the next version. John Hughes has been great in helping to create more goodie huts, and kenata is helping out to create more versatile monsters, and cool abilities for the recruitable NPCs. I also have to start adding in some female NPCs...I realized that all the ones in here are male.

The NPCs are going to get tweaked statwise, and of course have some abilities as well.

As far as quests go, I'm going to hold off on doing them for a bit (even though I just added another one). It seems as though the quest system may be changing soon, so i don't want to put in hours to find out it was all worthless (Quests are the most time consuming thing in this mod).

Changelog v0.6

The focus for this version was on adding abilities to the NPC recruitables, hence making them more useful.

- Added 4 female NPCs per race, making a total of 8 new fallen NPCS PER race. (32 total recriutable fallen NPCs).

- Added 22 new abilities. These are spread out amongst the 32 NPCs. The higher level NPCs have more abilities.

- Tweaked Stats for each race:

Quendar - A dextrous race, they have good dexterity numbers, and their abilities deal with accuracy, dodge, etc

Trogs - A hearty race with a high constitution. Their abilities deal with HP in different ways.

Urxen - The strongest race in Elemental. Their abilities also deal with HP, and also attack, and defense

Wraith - The intelligent race. Their abilities range in what they do (ex Immunity, AOE +1 attack ability)

- Added in a couple more GoodieHuts (some good, some bad)

- Added in another quest (sort of a goodiehut)

- Some quest/goodiehut tiles provided by John Hughes

Hopefully this will add a little flavor to heroes, and a different feel for each race. More abilities will make their way into the mod, and be spread out amongst the NPCs. Next big tweak are the monsters and GoodeHuts. Also, please keep in mind, most of the abilities at this point have the same graphic/icon for them, make sure the mouse over it to see what ability it is. This will eventually be tweaked to fit better.

Changelog v0.61

This is a bugfix release, nothing new was added, just stuff fixed.

- Fixed some XML errors. While most things seem to work right, I don't want to contribute to more crashing.

- Wound ability changed to radius 1 (it was 0, so you couldnt use the ability).

Changelog v0.65

- Added cooldown to Defensive Stance ability.

- General tweaks for this to fit better with 1.09p.

Changelog v0.66

- Fixed mana problem with one of the Wraith "monsters". When he would go to cast a spell, the game would crash. I missed an old <ManaCost> tag in there. Sorry!

Changelog v0.67

- Removed FlameStrike2, and SearingAttack2 spells and abilities. They seemed to cause problems. Replaced the with the original ones from the game for the NPC that had them.

- Removed Wraith Zombie. It didnt look different enough to warrant having it in there.

- Changed DeImmunize ability to Magic Defense. DeImmunize unfortunately doesn't work. Magic Defense gives +4 magic resistance for 4 turns.

- Removed manacost tag in an XML that I believe was causing crashes.

October 17, 2010 12:29:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hurray!!  This is something this game really needs, especially the quests. 

October 17, 2010 7:24:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good luck with this! What are your current plans for quests? I really want to work on this area, and I've been begging for a Quest Editor to make things a bit easier.

October 17, 2010 7:50:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey impinc, are you accepting submissions? I'd love to whip up some goodiehuts, if you're interested in including them. This is the kind of mod, I think, that should be in a "pack" rather than individual downloads, so it would be great for the end-user if there was only one download to get.

October 17, 2010 12:51:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Goontrooper,
Good luck with this! What are your current plans for quests? I really want to work on this area, and I've been begging for a Quest Editor to make things a bit easier.

Right now, the plan is to keep adding them. Heh it's vague, but I dont have many ideas for them right now. I am working on one right now to get the feel for it. I think I finally get it now. Funny thing is, Frogboy's post about making quests both confused me and helped me the same amount. The tag lists are nice, but the way he wrote the quest was different than whats in Quests_Level2. I was able to get a better grasp on how to write the overall quest from the ones already done.

Quoting Heavenfall,
Hey impinc, are you accepting submissions? I'd love to whip up some goodiehuts, if you're interested in including them. This is the kind of mod, I think, that should be in a "pack" rather than individual downloads, so it would be great for the end-user if there was only one download to get.

Hell yeah! Like I said above, I really wouldn't mind, no..I'd like this to become the mod community adventuring pack. I put up the "release" so people could check it out, and see how I started things. Version 0.2 is about to go up some time this afternoon. Then, I will hold off for a few days to see what interest there is within the community. I've been working alot on the Doctor Who mod, and wanted to do something different that contributed more to the community.

October 17, 2010 2:28:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Posted version 0.2.

October 17, 2010 3:20:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll be following this.  This is stuff I want to learn how to do and try out, and also something that I think would really help the game.  I'll take a look at what you have there and wrack my brain to come up with some ideas.

EDIT: I wanted to quickly add that that I fought the zombies twice right after I installed it, and it looked like there was a skinning problem each time.  So I looked in the Mod folder, where the ACP folder is next to other mods, but the folder "Gfx" didn't mesh with the regular Gfx folder, but rather is sitting inside the ACP folder.  Will try moving the Gfx folder before the next time I play, but I had unzipped it into the documents->elemental->mods folder as you said.

October 18, 2010 12:56:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, so one last update. NOW, I will wait to see what I get from the community. The next version to be released will be 0.5.

October 18, 2010 3:25:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

impinc, just ONE suggestion to help the m0r0ns and id10ts out there, you might want to link the address to your download in your OP

harpo

October 18, 2010 3:38:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looking good. Will download this when it matures a bit. Hopefully you dont have to change a lot when 1.1 comes

October 18, 2010 8:19:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here's a goodiehut for an ancient civilization. Once a champion reaches it, you'll get either nothing, a ventri mine, a clay mine, or any of the four shards.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4x1x1h0n82fztci

I don't know about spawn rating, 4 is pretty high.

October 18, 2010 10:20:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting harpo99999,
impinc, just ONE suggestion to help the m0r0ns and id10ts out there, you might want to link the address to your download in your OP

harpo

It's fixed now. It seems it didn't like text being next to that link. *shrug*

Quoting joasoze,
Looking good. Will download this when it matures a bit. Hopefully you dont have to change a lot when 1.1 comes

That was kind of my idea with this mod. There's not too much in here that should be affected by new versions. I'm not aware of any sweeping changes to units, goodiehuts, or the quest system.

Quoting Heavenfall,
Here's a goodiehut for an ancient civilization. Once a champion reaches it, you'll get either nothing, a ventri mine, a clay mine, or any of the four shards.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4x1x1h0n82fztci

I don't know about spawn rating, 4 is pretty high.

Added into the pack. Hopefully, we'll get some feedback on this so we can tweak things like this. 4 Sounds pretty good considering the value of shards. I'm hoping we can get enough stuff in this pack that it takes quite a few games in order to see everything.

EDIT: I added Heavenfall's GoodieHut into the mod. With so little actually being added so far for goodiehuts, I figured I would put it in there right away. Version is now 0.31.

October 18, 2010 3:34:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great.  I'm going to download and try this out.   I'd like to contribute back quests to this as well.  

October 20, 2010 1:11:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ACP 0.31 crashes every time I try to boot the game.  I have maybe a 30% rate of crashing with any mod, but the latest version was 10 boots and 10 fails.  Removing the mod folder fixes the problem.

October 20, 2010 1:28:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Damnit! There really shouldn't be anything in here that would cause a crash. Is anyone else getting this problem? I'll look through the zip and see if i messed something up.

EDIT: Are you on the current version of the game? This really shouldn't cause a crash. I just deleted all the ACP files on my machine, downloaded the zip, and unzipped it into mygames/elemental/mods dir, and it worked fine. Can you tell what it's crashing on? Take a look in the debug.err file.

October 20, 2010 2:54:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Still trying to find some free time.

Perhaps some special Goodiehut location Tiles might be in order...

October 20, 2010 3:38:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes!

October 21, 2010 3:52:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting impinc,
EDIT: Are you on the current version of the game? This really shouldn't cause a crash. I just deleted all the ACP files on my machine, downloaded the zip, and unzipped it into mygames/elemental/mods dir, and it worked fine. Can you tell what it's crashing on? Take a look in the debug.err file.

I re-downloaded it and reinstalled it and same thing.  It crashes very early on startup, every time.  I'm not faulting you or anyone else here because boot ups in general are unstable with mods, for me, and I've alway been a little behind the curve when it comes to Elementals stability.  Probably there's just more general bug fixing needed by Stardock.  But if you can see anything that might let me play it, here's the debug file.

http://pastebin.ca/1968738

October 21, 2010 5:46:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

fearzone, I have had the same effect on one of my computers, but with several other mods installed, so I do not know what the cause is but the quick workaround I found was removing the ACP folder then elemental and all the other mods are content and willing to play.

harpo

October 21, 2010 12:10:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fearzone,

I re-downloaded it and reinstalled it and same thing.  It crashes very early on startup, every time.  I'm not faulting you or anyone else here because boot ups in general are unstable with mods, for me, and I've alway been a little behind the curve when it comes to Elementals stability.  Probably there's just more general bug fixing needed by Stardock.  But if you can see anything that might let me play it, here's the debug file.

It seems to stop after reading the Screens folder. Is there anything in there? (the screens folder within the mods folder). I'm also wondering if it's recreating the binary for some reason. How long did you wait until killing Elemental? When it hangs, open up task manager and see if there is a process called Datazip running. If so, just wait for a few minutes (sometimes takes up to 10 mins on slower machines), and it should go into the game. As it seems to be affecting more than just you, I'd really like to get this figured out now. Thanks for the help in trying to figure this out.

October 21, 2010 1:01:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for helping out.  It doesn't hang... it definitively stops with a window telling you "Elemental: War of Magic has stopped working; Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."  and then right after that it tells you the program has stopped working and gives you no option but to quit.  I'll look in the screen folder in mods and delete anything that is there.  v0.2 was booting fine, I can't recall though if I played v0.30. 

EDIT: there is nothing in screens in my mod folder.  The interruption happens very quickly and predictably too, within about 7-8 seconds each time after hitting the "Play Game" button.  This is just going to be one of those wierd, stupid bugs I bet.

EDIT 2: Tell you what: I'll remove each individual element from the mods folder and tell you which file causes it to stop.

EDIT 3: Okay the file that causes the problem is "ACP_CoreSpells_Abilities_Tactical".  With that file removed the game boots up okay.  Hang tight and I'll see if I can find you the exact line.

EDIT 4: The offending code is this, specifically the first line:

<AbilityBonusOption InternalName = "DragonsInfernal2">
  <DisplayName>Dragon's Inferno</DisplayName>
  <Description>This unit can Attack distant foes with dragon's fire, dealing attack strength in damage.</Description>
  <Icon>Dragons_Infernal.png</Icon>
  <GameModifier InternalName="Backstab">
   <ModType>Unit</ModType>
   <Attribute>UnlockCombatAbility</Attribute>
   <StrVal>DragonsInfernal2</StrVal>
  </GameModifier>
  </AbilityBonusOption>

Removing this section of code from "ACP_CoreSpells_Abilities_Tactical" fixes the boot-up problem.  Remove all but the first and last line, and the problem still exists.  Change "DragonsInfernal2" to another name and the problem still exists.  That's as far as I could get.

I guess my question then is, can I still play it without this little section of code?

October 21, 2010 3:23:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for finding that for me! It was an ability attached to a monster unit. I'll have to add something else to him for the next release. The zip has been updated, and it's still the same version. Just delete the ACP folder, and get the file again. Or, you can just leave it how it is, the monster just won't have that ability anymore. Again, thanks for taking the time out to figure it out.

EDIT: Scratch that, I made it 0.32, just to avoid confusion. The only difference is taking out that code that was making it crash, and removing the ability from the unit which was using it.

October 22, 2010 3:19:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have another bug to report, but lucky for you, this time I have a fix.  In fact, there's a chance this fix might fix the problem from 0.31.

So 0.32 boots up fine, and I saw a lot of its content in a game I was playing tonight, but then I ran into another problem, it wouldn't reload a game from a save or an autosave--even if I saved on the very first turn without making a single move, it would crash immediately.  I went through the same drill, and again, the file was "ACP_CoreSpells_Abilities_Tactical", and again, it narrowed down to ability bonuses.

Here's the fix: after your first ability bonus "FlameStrikeAbility2" you don't close it off with an </abilitybonus> (which should go right below </abilitybonusoptions>).  When I added that, it fixes the problem. 

The reason I'm mentioning it here for discussion is--particularly if you are planning to accept submissions from the community--I'm wondering if it would be sensible to structure it differently, to make it easy for people to add some features, but leave out others, until it's widely accepted that a quest or monster or whatever is working for everybody, at which point it gets added to the "pack."

(I have a quick question: are there any balance changes in this mod.  I noticed tonight the AI was using a lot more longbows than it usually does on two games, and the single longbow was doing almost as much damage as a squad.)

October 25, 2010 1:08:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fearzone,
I have another bug to report, but lucky for you, this time I have a fix.  In fact, there's a chance this fix might fix the problem from 0.31.

So 0.32 boots up fine, and I saw a lot of its content in a game I was playing tonight, but then I ran into another problem, it wouldn't reload a game from a save or an autosave--even if I saved on the very first turn without making a single move, it would crash immediately.  I went through the same drill, and again, the file was "ACP_CoreSpells_Abilities_Tactical", and again, it narrowed down to ability bonuses.

Here's the fix: after your first ability bonus "FlameStrikeAbility2" you don't close it off with an </abilitybonus> (which should go right below </abilitybonusoptions>).  When I added that, it fixes the problem. 

The reason I'm mentioning it here for discussion is--particularly if you are planning to accept submissions from the community--I'm wondering if it would be sensible to structure it differently, to make it easy for people to add some features, but leave out others, until it's widely accepted that a quest or monster or whatever is working for everybody, at which point it gets added to the "pack."

(I have a quick question: are there any balance changes in this mod.  I noticed tonight the AI was using a lot more longbows than it usually does on two games, and the single longbow was doing almost as much damage as a squad.)

Thanks again fearzone for the help in finding that. I wonder if some games don't like the package tag or something. I think I'll split up the file for the next release (post 0.4). I've put up the next version with the fix you found (which also adds alot more goodiehuts). 

As far as structuring it differently, there's really not much of a way to do it. I've been keeping quite a few different files just to make it easier to edit (for myself anyways). As I said before though, I will probably split up the ability/spell xml. Problem is, some mods require 3 or 4 things to be changed in different areas, so it's hard to keep each thing contained.

As far as the bows, check to see what actual bow they are using. I haven't messed with the internal bow modifiers, but there *is* a new bow in the pack which draws it's damage from dex more than attack. Howvever, I prereq'd it to some unknown tech, so no one should be able to get it. The bow comes from a quest (the boots one). Like I said though, no one is supposed to be able to acquire it though. Let me know if the AI had that bow, or if it was something else.

As far as balancing goes, sort of. I'm not trying to change the mechanics of the game, however, some of the monsters, and NPCs are stronger than comparative ones at the same level. So, in a way, it does a bit, but like I said, I'm trying not to change the way the rest of the game works.

November 2, 2010 2:37:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hum, well, bows play out WAY differently for me with this mod installed, compared to when it is not (when I took it out things returned to normal).  Everybody seems to be building archers, and with this mod, a single archer can one or two-shot the elemental giants, making them close to worthless.  Actually, it's an interesting balance change that is extreme as it stands, but in more moderate from might help to balance out the summoned units.  It's not imba because the uber bows are available for both sides, but I had to greatly change my strategy.

If you didn't put that in, and you are not experiencing it (it's extremely obvious), I know there are some bow modifications in the community project elf pack, and I wonder if mixing the two mods together somehow causes the issue. 

In other news, I've been trying to make a zombie apocalypse mod.  Do you know of any way to substantially increase the spawn rate of monsters? There is a <spawnrating> field I've been playing with, but no number I put in makes a very big difference.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: