[1.09] Campaign - Unable to complete "25 crystals" quest for Capitar [Fixed Internally]

By on October 2, 2010 7:49:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Beerdeed

Join Date 03/2008
+1

I can't complete the quest where I have to build a mining outpost and mine 25 crystals for Capitar. I've defeated the ogre, built the settlement and the mine. I've also set up a trade route with Capitar, and tried moving units, as well as various heroes and my sovereign near the quest-giver, but nothing seems to work. Heading north towards the fort gives a message about Relias having to attend to the supplies of Capitar.

The campaign was started on 1.08, and I resumed playing chapter 2 after updating to 1.09.

Should this be useful, I've uploaded the savegame at the following location: http://rapidshare.com/files/422663648/Campaign-25crystals.EleSav

Thanks for your help!

Locked Post 38 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 2, 2010 4:12:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Exactly the same issue here.

October 2, 2010 4:50:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I tried to start the campaign yesterday, but every I left combat, one of my heroes wouldn't be there, and no they didnt die in combat, they simply vanished.  Not the same problem as yours, I just didn't feel like making a new thread.

October 2, 2010 4:52:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

beerdeed/oinedark: Did you actually build a crystal harvesting mine? A crystal resource should have appeared after defeating he ogre.

lord xia: One of the 'heroes', as in Janusk or Miramous?  Disappearing is certainly...odd.

October 2, 2010 4:56:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, it was one of those two.  I kept reloading and doing the combat with the spider for the short sword over and over, and neither one died, but after the combat was over, one simply wouldn't be there any more.

October 2, 2010 7:41:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have the same problem with the 25 Crystal - I did build a crystal mine and have played until I had over 100 crystal.  I have also tried all the suggestions I have found in this forum for previous versions as well, including keeping Relias in the town, sending a Caravan to the nearby town.  I have also tried gifting the money through diplomacy. 

I hae restarted the Campaign three times to see if there was a glitch with my save game as well with no avail.

October 3, 2010 12:04:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

same problem, 1.09.  Help?

October 3, 2010 12:47:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quick question: did any of you save and load after getting the quest and getting 25 crystals?

Saving and loading can cause issues with some non-campaign quests, and that might be a factor here.

October 3, 2010 2:33:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replies.

Yes, I did build the mine, and have more than 100 crystals handy on the savegame IIRC (in any case definitely more than 25 ). The spawning of the farming patch, the mine and the pioneer all happen correctly in my game.

I went back to a previous savegame yesterday. This was after getting the quest, but before defeating the ogre. I had the same issue after collecting 50 crystals, leaving Relias in town the whole time, building a caravan, etc. Note however that I initially got the problem WITHOUT loading a game (i.e. I saved the game before the ogre battle, but I didn't reload it). I'll have a look at my other savegames, but I think to get to a point where I didn't receive the quest, I'd have to use the "end of chapter" saves, which would take me an hour back or so.

October 3, 2010 7:54:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tried everything here as well; as suggested in all the topics in the forums covering this issue.

I did notice in one thread that someone said you get awarded a pioneer unit to build the city, I actually made my own. Could this be the issue?

If you PM me with an email address I can send you my save?

October 3, 2010 9:15:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I cant complete this mission either.

I have more than 25 crystal.. Sent a caravan to the city I'm suppose to harvest the crystal for.. And still nothing happens.

October 3, 2010 9:48:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, you shouldn't need a caravan or anything...once you reach 25 crystal it should trigger the next phase. You you wouldn't mind, could you guys send your last campaign save to scott@stardock.com? We'll get this sorted out asap.

Thanks!

October 3, 2010 10:32:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Email/save sent hopefully will be of some use to you.

October 3, 2010 11:13:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sent as well, let us know if we can do anything else to help!

October 3, 2010 11:23:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi

I also have both problems, the missing trigger after gathering 25 crystals as well as the dissapearing hero after the spider battle. Need more emails?

October 3, 2010 1:15:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just sent my save over. Getting 25 crystals does not trigger the next quest stage.

October 3, 2010 2:51:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Same here, 25 crystals and nothing happened.

October 3, 2010 3:40:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am having the smae issue. Bought the game yesterday and before i even played i updated to 1.09 right out of the box. I have gotten to the part of helping Capitar and not being able to continue. I have snet caravans traded using the soveriegn and even went to the city itself but have not had any luck in getting the next trigger.

October 3, 2010 3:58:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bought the game yesterday and before i even played i updated to 1.09 right out of the box
  Yeah, ironically 1.09 is a considerably better experience besides whatever messed this trigger up   Thanks for all the saved games guys, I'll keep you posted as we get the issue sorted out!

October 3, 2010 4:59:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am having the same issue with the 25 crystals, but I can't find my saved game files, to send them in an e-mail.  Thanks

October 3, 2010 10:42:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

the save games are in the my docs/my games/elemental/saves folder and have a filetype of EleSav

harpo

October 3, 2010 11:11:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Same problem, tried using a cavern, tried trading with the lord no luck cannot move on

October 4, 2010 9:27:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I also had this issue, even to having 250 crystal, the only way I could continue was to put a town near the limit of travel, and grow the zone of control to past the castle, then teleport the army over to beside the castle and then carry on

harpo

October 4, 2010 9:53:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

First time I got stuck with this one, it wasn't obvious what the issue was but I had actually missed one of the Trolls from the prior quest.  Did you kill all 3 troll groups?

October 4, 2010 10:14:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Storm,
First time I got stuck with this one, it wasn't obvious what the issue was but I had actually missed one of the Trolls from the prior quest.  Did you kill all 3 troll groups?

That's very interesting! I actually think I didn't defeat three groups. I'll check in the evening and will report back. Thanks for the hint!

October 4, 2010 10:46:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Found it    Looks like there was a redundant event call that got cleaned up, but in the clean up, certain situations would leave the 'AddResource' function without sending the event, which would leave the trigger un-triggerable.

It's fixed internally, and I beleive an update is scheduled for this Thursday, so you have a few days to muster your forces for the later chapters

Or play sandbox mode...which would probably be the more enjoyable of the options.

Thanks for everyone that emailed over those saved games. Getting straight into the problem area was a huge help!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000797   Page Render Time: