Bobby Kotick....... Attacks EA for... killing franchises?

By on September 29, 2010 12:10:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

TheDarkKnig...

Join Date 04/2007
+16

You heard it right.  Apparantly never hearing of foot in mouth syndrome, Bobby Kotick in edge magazine recently said:

Activision's recent success is the result of allowing its internally owned studios to retain an identity, something EA is currently lacking. 

Read more: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123593p1.html#ixzz10w3tDhhg

Afterwards EA fired back:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1123641p1.html

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 29, 2010 12:50:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

AH YES! Yet another Kotick related topic! [I just wanted to post about this right now..lol!] GO BOBBY GO!

September 29, 2010 12:52:18 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

He never stops giving gamers ammunition. I guess he's an honest believer in any press, or rather always bad press, is better than no press at all.

I guess he saw EA starting to make an effort at decent PR and he just couldn't stand it. I wish he would come to my town and be a grand marshall at a parade. All the grocers would run out of eggs that day I'm sure.

September 29, 2010 1:09:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

EA's smackdown was pretty good.

September 29, 2010 1:35:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OMG, Activision has ruined so many games I can't even count them all!  And yes, several recently.  They pushed Cryptic to put out both Champions Online and Star Trek Online and both were no where near ready for Gold.  I'll chip in for a couple dozen eggs Dethadder!

September 29, 2010 4:10:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Storm,
OMG, Activision has ruined so many games I can't even count them all!  And yes, several recently.  They pushed Cryptic to put out both Champions Online and Star Trek Online and both were no where near ready for Gold.  I'll chip in for a couple dozen eggs Dethadder!

Atari was the publisher for those MMOs. And it's mostly Cryptic's fault. Their goal is to push our quick cheap games.

September 29, 2010 4:44:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dubious Quality had the best comment on this, I think.

September 29, 2010 7:04:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Christ what an asshole.  There are people out there that don't see through this bullshit?

September 29, 2010 10:07:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

How come he hasnt been interviewed regarding the Infinity Ward debacle?  I'd like to see what he has to say regarding IW. Maybe he's worried that black ops won't be such a chart topper with similar titles like medal of honor being out at the same time.

September 29, 2010 11:28:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Activision ruined Blizzard.

September 29, 2010 11:42:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

well, ea allowed cnc3 to die with lack of support and made a ridiculous sequel, so i can see where he's coming from

September 30, 2010 12:11:05 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

You know what's really funny? Ole Koklick seems to have made EA more liked by starting this whole thing. People who raged on EA bad in the last few years(my self included) are now coming to their defense in order to rage on someone they hate more.

While this forum is quite civil, I saw a very informative post about the history of bobby and activision on Team Liquid forums and the amount of responses the mods had to nuke for threats and instigating illegal activity(more threats) was pretty amusing. Hardcore Blizzard fans get serious when your screwing with their beloved. By now he must have personal bodyguards and has to take the rear entries and exits to anywhere their might be gamers.

September 30, 2010 1:19:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Blizzard, clearly, are not the same company they once were.  After World of Warcraft's success, they've clearly rested on their principles; Starcraft II is the first Blizzard game that even has a debate around it's quality - the rest are all agreed upon 'gems' and 'classics'.  It's also the first Blizzard game that isn't a 'World of Warcraft' one since their merger with Activision.  It takes a lot of... effort, shall we say, to take one of the all time great PC Gaming companies and make even their dedicated zealots question them.  Such is the power of Activision.  The fact that people now don't like Blizzard (BLIZZARD!) because of Activision should show up deep the hatred of Activision runs.
Who is worse?

EA ruined SPORE and with it Maxis.  Activision ruined Blizzard.
EA has the worst customer support in the industry.  Activision are waging war on their customers.
EA runs franchises into the ground.  Activision runs companies into the ground, and keeps their IPs.
Both are attempting to destroy the second hand games market.

I personally don't like either of them.

September 30, 2010 10:17:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I believe the tagline for a terrible movie fits here: No matter who wins we lose.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000204   Page Render Time: