Friday update

By on September 17, 2010 7:56:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1484

We don't normally release a Friday update but given the significant improvements in 1.08 we didn't want them marred by a few oversights.

Here's what's new in Friday's update to v1.08 that should be live by 10pm EST.

Friday update:

* Gameplay / Balance * 

+ New Sovereign Ability: Wealthy +1 gildar per turn 
+ New Sovereign Ability: Green Thumb +2 food per turn 
+ Organized Sovereign Ability removed 
+ Shop Costs moved to be a formula (unless specified in the XML) 
+ Research costs increased 
+ More balancing of initial resource seeding 
+ Fertile land availability increased 
+ Long Bows now cost 40 gildar to construct 
+ Default shop values on weapons and armor removed from XML (you can overrride the formula still) 
+ Teleport/Blink mana cost increased from 5 to 15. 
+ Eliminated criminal adventurers (caused confusion amongst players) 
+ Pioneer Kit Gold cost reduced from 10 to 5, Materials cost increased from 1 to 10. 
+ Organized ability added to general special abilities 
+ Late game monster respawning reduced. 
+ Increased movement speed of units in tactical battles
+ Lots of spell damage tweaks. 

* Bug Fixes * 

+ Added logic to stop spells from dealing max damage every time. 
+ Restored old terrain/tile movement costs until that can be better addressed. 
+ Adjusted the combat speed from 2 to 3 for the base male/female sov units. 
+ Fixed bug where Karavox, Magnar, and Verga sovs only had 1.0 for combat speed. 
+ Fixed bug that made it not load any maps except mp maps 
+ Fixed bug resetting default map size to tiny 
+ Fixed bug where rapidly clicking the fortify action for a unit twice or more would cause the game to hang 
+ Fixed bug where, after unhiding the game lobby wnd once, human players would get assigned team 1 when joining a custom game, instead of an unused team ID 
+ Fixed crash when restarting new campaign after you load a saved campaign game 
+ Fixed bug where Cancel button would not show up on mutliplayer Join Game with Password screen 
+ Fixed an error where old saves with old data had logic conflicts with new code that made spells miss.

Locked Post 32 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 17, 2010 8:07:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

nice next patch so soon

September 17, 2010 8:45:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yea, I think they want a weekend free of whining and crying on the board.  Not fonna hapen, but they are optomists.

September 17, 2010 8:52:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was going to skip 1.08 completely and wait for 1.09 instead but this looks much more playable.

September 17, 2010 9:02:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It does make you wonder what their QA person actually does to warrant an update to fix a patch to fix a game so quickly!

September 17, 2010 9:20:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

+ Default shop values on weapons and armor removed from XML (you can overrride the formula still) 

Does this mean random item affixes?  

Anyways, two thumbs up. If this pace keeps up Elemental will be very awesome, can't wait for 1.1

September 17, 2010 9:21:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmm I like. Maybe I can play some fun games this weekend before Civ 5 releases. Downloading now.

September 17, 2010 9:21:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

again, no rest for the weary... you guys need to pace yourselves!

September 17, 2010 9:25:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

(downloading now)

i (and likely others) hope this is good enough to keep me out of these forums.  :fingers crossed:

September 17, 2010 9:31:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good stuff! Keep the updates coming!
The game only gets better and bettter!

September 17, 2010 9:36:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seems it became a tradition that there is a hotfix after every patch 

September 17, 2010 9:37:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Panda_Power,
It does make you wonder what their QA person actually does to warrant an update to fix a patch to fix a game so quickly!

The constant bitching on the site is the cause for that.

September 17, 2010 10:16:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

dear mr Frogboy

good enough.  i accept your apology.

yours trolly,

thisisretarded

p.s.  i reserve the right to take back the above statement at any time for any reason.

September 17, 2010 10:30:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks much for setting movement back to what it was before. Please let it be on par with movement in similiar games!

September 17, 2010 11:39:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ooooh... nice... wait, wait...

+ Adjusted the combat speed from 2 to 3 for the base male/female sov units.

.. Whaa?

We needed the ability to cast 3 spells per combat (with any + cs items/one levelup)? Am I the only one confused on this?

September 17, 2010 11:44:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Chief, did the hotfix do anything to Sov Creation? I notice now I don't have any hair choice options for almost all the races. The only ones I can pick hair for are my created "Undead Race" and the Ironers have 1 hair and 1 hat choice. Aside from that none of the other races have hair choices. I'm not sure if the update did this or if one of my mods suddenly started causing a problem. Everything was fine with the first 1.08, but I just tried creating a new Sov just now after I installed the Hotfix and hair choices are fubar'd. Any ideas?

September 17, 2010 11:49:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It may just be my luck but ever since the second 1.08 download none of my archers have been able to hit anything. Even the level 1, 0 AC critters.

September 17, 2010 11:51:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Raven X,
Chief, did the hotfix do anything to Sov Creation? I notice now I don't have any hair choice options for almost all the races. The only ones I can pick hair for are my created "Undead Race" and the Ironers have 1 hair and 1 hat choice. Aside from that none of the other races have hair choices. I'm not sure if the update did this or if one of my mods suddenly started causing a problem. Everything was fine with the first 1.08, but I just tried creating a new Sov just now after I installed the Hotfix and hair choices are fubar'd. Any ideas?

I'm inclined to say one of your mods is doing it.  I created a human male sovereign after the hotfix since all my old ones had organized and had the usual selection of hair. 

Edit: Just checked and I have full selection of hair for all races on sovereign creation.  I don't have any mods at all and never did, except I use the custom faction creator mod thingy that's around.

September 17, 2010 11:52:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love this patch! - though i miss organized

I had a good first try with this patch and i really enjoy the Settlers need mats now! it makes for a much more interesting "oh oh oh i need more mats" instead of just piling up ludricous amounts of gold and spamming out settlers every round. Also enjoy the whole Moneymakers /need one food - exelently done.

I am still a bit sad over how movement is done on the map - needs more variation instead of 2 fields on non forest...1 in forest.  i wants units that move Very fast! but cost a bizzilon to make (griffons anyone? -  dragon riders?! yay)

but good patch keep it up

September 17, 2010 11:52:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Raven X,
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here, but I started a new game after getting today's (late friday, and just rechecked and no update available so I'm up-to-date) and got my usual 'man' ponytail hair choice.

Are you saying you can't choose that (for example) since updating today?

September 17, 2010 11:53:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kroekr,
It may just be my luck but ever since the second 1.08 download none of my archers have been able to hit anything. Even the level 1, 0 AC critters.

Before the Hotfix none of my spells would hit anything. My Sov missed 6 times in a row. I was going to post a bug report on that too but then I saw the hotfix and downloaded it and ran into this hair issue. I want to see if the hair issue I'm having is just me or if it's everyone and then I can make a combined bug report on both.

September 17, 2010 11:56:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Nick-Danger,

Quoting Raven X,
reply 15
Chief, did the hotfix do anything to Sov Creation? I notice now I don't have any hair choice options for almost all the races. The only ones I can pick hair for are my created "Undead Race" and the Ironers have 1 hair and 1 hat choice. Aside from that none of the other races have hair choices. I'm not sure if the update did this or if one of my mods suddenly started causing a problem. Everything was fine with the first 1.08, but I just tried creating a new Sov just now after I installed the Hotfix and hair choices are fubar'd. Any ideas?Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here, but I started a new game after getting today's (late friday, and just rechecked and no update available so I'm up-to-date) and got my usual 'man' ponytail hair choice.

Are you saying you can't choose that (for example) since updating today?

The hotfix is 1.08b I believe. That's the one I just saw and downloaded about 10 minutes ago. Now when making a new Sov none of the races have any hair. I'm talking to Admiral on Yahoo right this second and just had him check to see if he had hair on the sov creator and he does so now I'm thinking it's something I'm working on and not a bug. I'm going through and checking my mods now. Thanks though Nick, much appreciated on trying to help.

September 18, 2010 12:00:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy,

Any chance we can get a list of the XML data files that can't be overwritten in the mods folder. I know right now the World names and Unit names files will not overwrite via mods and now I'm curious what other files are also working that way.

Thanks.

September 18, 2010 12:03:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Easy enough to check, just hit the "use mod" option once, restart, and see...

September 18, 2010 12:08:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

+ Organized ability added to general special abilities

What are the general special abilities and how do I get them? 

I've read some post saying Organise is OP but I figured it was just a vocal minority and it would stay as is, my personal preference is that the Organise ability stays in as the pacing of moving an army 1 or 2 tiles at a time is frustrating gameplay particulary on larger maps.  It's removal is also compounded by the increase in teleport costs (I agree with that change).

September 18, 2010 12:17:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Panda_Power,

*WHACK* I hope that was tongue-in-cheek.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: