Anyone still have Master of Magic 2.0?

By on September 13, 2010 10:37:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Gazz_

Join Date 03/2004
+33

That's a fan-made patch that re-balanced the units/spells/buildings by altering the LBX files.
For instance, magically summoned creatures were not just "meh" but you got some firepower for your trouble.

All download sites have since gone the way of the dodo.

I found the 1.4 patch on Petrell's Domain. That's a hack to the executeables to fix a lot of UI and AI bugs in those.

I'm still looking for MoM 2.0 but so far without success.

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 13, 2010 11:11:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here is a working D/L link for v2.0

http://89.108.111.97/tmp/MOM200.zip

September 13, 2010 12:08:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you!

September 13, 2010 12:18:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

whats the diff between this and the 1.4 ? is one based on the other?

September 13, 2010 12:24:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Like I said in the first post.

Completely different concepts and approaches. They might even be compatible.

September 14, 2010 7:58:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wont' run on a 64-bit os though

September 15, 2010 6:41:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Belizan,

Wont' run on a 64-bit os though

Huh? No probs here and I have x64 Vista.

September 15, 2010 7:29:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Install DosBox in order to get a shell where old games will work, either 32 or 64 bits.

¿Is it better to use patch 1.40f or 2.0? Both modify some files simultaneously and I didn't mix them as it seemed like a corrupt choice.

September 15, 2010 7:57:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I was playing with these a couple months ago, I would recommend 1.40f.  2.0 is a completely different fan patch by a different person and is mostly just rebalancing.   I liked the changes in 1.40f much better, and it also had some bug fixes and new options.

You used to be able to find these at DragonsWord.com  but it seems like the site went down sometime in August??  Might want to keep an eye on that site in the future in the hopes that the host will bring it back up sometime.  They were working on some rebalancing and bug fixes, but maybe the host didn't have time or money to keep the site up?

September 23, 2010 12:18:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks, only dl of 2.0 I've been able to find as well.   Found an emulator that works well other than dosbox, just seems simpler.  Aeon056, or google just aeon emulator. 

October 16, 2010 1:02:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

May I ask for some help please?  I haven't played MoM in MANY MANY years.  Have no idea where my old floppy with MoM is.    MY PC doesn't take floppys, anyway.  How can i get MoM "base/ original"  game, and how do i modify my PC (Wine XP) so it will run MoM?  I just download several patches for MoM.  Hoping... thank you all....

October 16, 2010 1:10:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You can buy MoM at GOG.com

October 16, 2010 1:29:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks gazz,  just went to gog.  dl as I write.  Crazy question.  i only 'purchased a download for MoM.  But when I go to my games dl page, it has 4 games there, "under a steel sky" etc.  Is this normal?  Are these other 3 games Ok to DL?  Or will they charge me for them  "later?"  Appreciate you telling me how to get MoM.  Thank you so much!!!!

October 16, 2010 1:39:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,
Thanks gazz,  just went to gog.  dl as I write.  Crazy question.  i only 'purchased a download for MoM.  But when I go to my games dl page, it has 4 games there, "under a steel sky" etc.  Is this normal?  Are these other 3 games Ok to DL?  Or will they charge me for them  "later?"  Appreciate you telling me how to get MoM.  Thank you so much!!!!

If they show up in your account already, you won't be charged for them.  I think they gave away a few games awhile back - under a steel sky also shows up for me and I did not purchase it. 

October 18, 2010 1:16:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

GOG has like 3 free games.

All adventure games i think

November 20, 2010 3:51:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Kinda late reply, but for anyone's information, there are three games that are completely free to download on GoG, beneath a steel sky, lure of the temptress, and teen agent.  All three are classic adventure games.  GoG too offered another free game recently, Jagged Alliance Deadly Games.  I suppose ElanaAhova figured how to run master of magic and is having fun playing it by now. I tried playing Master of Magic, but couldn't get to play it.  I'm a noob.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: