Need some help with Custom Logos.

Why does this have to be complicated?

By on September 8, 2010 9:33:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

RavenX

Join Date 10/2008
+194

So tonight when Dhuran and I were putting the final touches on Undead Rising 2.0 I went to add the custom Logo for the Undead Faction and ran into a problem. I had made the Logo its-self a while back and saw how to add it to the faction definition in the Xml so I thought it would be a Non-issue. I mean, it's a simple picture, should be no big deal to add right? WRONG.....

I added the value for the custom logo to the undead faction and put the logo Png in the right folder. Nothing. Then I found the CoreLogos.Xml and added the custom logo to the defined ones there thinking that would fix the reference in the faction xml and it would see the logo....Nothing again.

So what gives? This is what kept me from putting my bad ass Undead Logo in the Mod and now it has to wait till version 3.0 or maybe I'll do a 2.5 patch if someone figures out where I screwed up. Here's the Logo I was trying to get in game.

That's in Png format so feel free to save it and try to get it in your game.

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 8, 2010 1:06:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

?

CoreLogos

Edit:

Kalandra has <PreferredLogoType>KalandraCrest</PreferredLogoType> in its XML.

Your logo in Gfx/Logos

September 8, 2010 1:16:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmm, I wonder wth I did wrong? Thanks Winter

September 8, 2010 1:23:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Should I mention that I put my files in the Mod folder?

September 8, 2010 1:50:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wintersong,
Should I mention that I put my files in the Mod folder?

Nada, I had them in the right folders. The logo was in the folder with the other logos and the xml was in the units directory. I either messed up in the logos xml or I messed up in the faction xml. Now that I have this example you did to go by it shouldn't be a problem in the future. I have some tweaks to UR2.0 I'd like to do over the course of the next few nights so there will actually be an incremental update to this one before version 3.0 . I'll probably call it UR2.5 . The Undead Keep is facing the wrong way, which bugs the hell out of me, and I want to add the logo and more clothing and hair options to the skels and zombies.

Thanks again for the help my friend.

September 8, 2010 2:41:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have tried Undead 2.0 adding the CoreLogos file into the Race folder (internalname of the CoreLogo as PreferredLogoType for Ravenloft_Faction_Custom). Works fine.

Edit: works in the Units folder too. By the way, does the mod affect Altar males' face?

September 8, 2010 2:50:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wintersong,
I have tried Undead 2.0 adding the CoreLogos file into the Race folder (internalname of the CoreLogo as PreferredLogoType for Ravenloft_Faction_Custom). Works fine.

Doh!!!! I wasn't putting the xml for it in the "Race" folder....I'll bet that was the problem when I tried.

September 8, 2010 2:54:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wintersong,
Edit: works in the Units folder too. By the way, does the mod affect Altar males' face?

LoL...well, the undead skin is set to work on that model type in the skins xml. It should have an incredibly microscopic change of showing up on them though when compared to the races normal skins. It was probably a fluke because you picked Strahd as the Sov there and he's set to lead the Undead. Very funny hehe.

September 8, 2010 2:59:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Check the Edit of the previous post.  It works in Units too. I can try un other folders too if you want.

CoreLogos content (no matter if Mod, Race or Units folder):

Code: xml
  1. <LogoType InternalName="ZombiePowah">
  2. <DisplayName>Crest of Kalandra</DisplayName>
  3. <Description>For generations, the Crest of the Queendom has graced the banners of the ever expanding nation.</Description>
  4. <MainLogo>Undead_Crest.png</MainLogo>
  5. <RippedLogo>Undead_Crest.png</RippedLogo>
  6. </LogoType>

Ravenloft_Faction_Custom has (only thing I have changed):

Code: xml
  1. <PreferredLogoType>ZombiePowah</PreferredLogoType>

Seems as easy as 2+2 so I have no idea of why it didn't work for you.

September 8, 2010 3:10:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wintersong,

Reduced 75%

Original 545 x 584

ITS LION-O! I want my army of Snarfs! THUNDERCATS-HO!

September 8, 2010 4:02:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wicked logo.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time: