Why does moving one square take 2 actions in tactical map?

By on September 7, 2010 12:47:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

MrMT

Join Date 03/2006

Seems a little counterintuitive to me...

Was this by design, or is it a bug?

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 7, 2010 12:50:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

whats really weird is that one of my kids can only move 1 square despite the fact that he has 3 action points...

September 7, 2010 12:55:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Terrain cost maybe?

Oh and it's really Action Points, not actions as in the number of things you can do on your turn. Probably should just put "AP" on that bar.

September 7, 2010 1:08:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's by design, more of an arbitrary balancing measure to make sure units don't prance around the battlefield - if it only cost 1, a unit with 6 moves could move 6 tiles per turn, which is a huge amount considering the overall size of the map.

September 7, 2010 1:15:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
It's by design, more of an arbitrary balancing measure to make sure units don't prance around the battlefield - if it only cost 1, a unit with 6 moves could move 6 tiles per turn, which is a huge amount considering the overall size of the map.

its by design that my children are born unable to walk (or ride a horse apparantly) because of a horrible limp caused by some post apocalyptic birth defect?  that is sort of sick...

September 7, 2010 1:28:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

Is that controlled in the xml or somewhere we can't get at?  I really wish I was home instead of stuck at work...

September 7, 2010 1:40:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

huh...I was wondering about that. I always thought how many moves you could make in tactical was tied to your hero's combat moves stat. I never tested it out myself, cuz I just used my gimpy kids as hardcore mages, Its cheaper than decking them out in gear.

September 7, 2010 1:47:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Zeferoth,
huh...I was wondering about that. I always thought how many moves you could make in tactical was tied to your hero's combat moves stat. I never tested it out myself, cuz I just used my gimpy kids as hardcore mages, Its cheaper than decking them out in gear.

Correct but it includes attacks & spells as well

September 7, 2010 1:50:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is that controlled in the xml or somewhere we can't get at? I really wish I was home instead of stuck at work...

I haven't been able to find it in an XML. ElementalDefs.xml is where I'd expect it to be (all the global variables), but it's not. If I had to guess, it's hardcoded.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: