Undead Rising 2.1!!! Fixed for 1.09 (Download Here)

A Dragonlance Mod Team Production.

By on September 7, 2010 5:57:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

RavenX

Join Date 10/2008
+194

Presenting the Undead Rising 2.1!!! A Dragonlance Mod Team Production.

Created by Raven X and worked on by Raven X, Dhuran, and Impinc!!!

Download Here: http://www.filefront.com/17344915/Undead-Rising-2.1.zip/

Please follow the Install Directions Carefully. I will gladly help if I can, but, as many of you may know it's rather hard to explain things to people without actually being there in person. All folders are labeled so it should be really easy to figure out where things go. Enjoy!!!

Installation:

1. Place the folders "UR" and "Gfx" in: Documents\My Games\Elemental\Mods .

2. In that directory you'll see the folder "Gfx". When placing the Gfx folder from the mod in there you may be asked to over-write, do so. Don't worry, it will not over-write anything else you may have in the folder, it will only place the new files in the folder.

3. Place the "UR" folder in  Documents\My Games\Elemental\Mods .

Note: You may need to hunt down and delete any old files from previous versions you may have. Those files are old and don't work and may cause problems if you install the new version over them as the new version's files have been re-named to a new standard naming convention.

MAJOR Credits and props go to Impinc for helping me out with the Fix for the XML's for this version!!! Thanks Imp!!!

Zombies!!!!

Zombies are now in league with the forces of the undead. Notice the flesh damage and bones sticking out. Not to mention some extra blood and gore.

Undead Rising 2.1 features a Fully Functional Undead Faction. The faction of "Ravenloft" from the D&D realm by the same name. Ravenloft is more precisely known as the "Demiplane of Dread" and it is populated mostly by powerful undead creatures and Lords of Darkness. One of these lords is a powerful Vampire named Strahd and it is he who leads the forces of Ravenloft in Undead Rising 2.0. You can either play as the faction yourself or place it in the world and it can fight against you and the other Elemental Sovereigns. The AI will use both the custom Skeleton Skin OR the Custom Zombie Skin when creating units, so expect to see both. The Mod also allows the player to create either a Skeletal or Zombie Sovereign.

Here's Strahd's Story taken straight from his Sovereign Background in the Mod. This explains how the forces of Ravenloft got to the world of Elemental to begin with, enjoy:

Strahd is the Vampire Lord of Ravenloft. Trapped on the Demiplane of Despair, the ancient Vampire longed for a return to a living world, fresh with the blood of the living to sustain his eternal hunger. The Dark Powers that have kept Strahd a prisoner of Ravenloft for so very long have finally slipped up in their ever vigilant watch to keep the ancient Vampire trapped in their dimension. Using a great planar gate and the life force of many many innocent people, Strahd was able to open a planar gate that swallowed all of his capitol city. When the gate finally sealed its-self, Strahd, and in fact his whole city, were transported to a new world in a new dimension. The World of Elemental. Now Strahd has only one goal. To defeat the channelers and drain their life essence. Then he will assume his place as the New God of Death in the world of Elemental. Who can stop him and his ravaging hordes of undead minions?

Lord Strahd with a Undead Skeleton and Zombie on the Faction Selection Screen.

Empire of Ravenloft Description.

Undead Keep Under Construction.

Undead Keep Finished.

A Note on Creating New Units:

When creating a new Undead Unit, if you click "Design" and get a Skeleton and want a Zombie, just click "Cancel" and then click "Design" again. There is a 50/50 chance of getting either skin to show up. Enjoy the faction of Ravenloft!!!!

Special Thanks:

Everyone give a very Special Thank You to Impinc and Dhuran from the Dragonlance Team, because without their knowledge helping me this Mod would Not have been possible. Thank You Impinc and Dhuran!!!! Also Special thanks to Heavenfall for a last minute Clothing Hotfix!!!

Locked Post 134 Replies +4 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
ZombiesRus5
Gnilbert
w34sl3
Gravedancer
September 8, 2010 11:15:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great job Raven.  The zombie looks killer, although I hafta say the skeleton looks like a dude wearing a Halloween costume (with red baggy shorts!).  It's the black around the bones that does it...  Any way to take the black out and replace it with some bits of hanging flesh maybe?

Does the sov have any vampiric abilities, or are his abilities from the stock pool?

Edit:  Left out Dhuran!  Oops...  Kudos to you as well bro!

Can't wait to see this in-game.

September 8, 2010 11:23:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank You Dhuran!!!!

Aye Thanks for helping bring this one home Dhuran!

September 8, 2010 1:12:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Krynus,
Great job Raven.  The zombie looks killer, although I hafta say the skeleton looks like a dude wearing a Halloween costume (with red baggy shorts!).  It's the black around the bones that does it...  Any way to take the black out and replace it with some bits of hanging flesh maybe?

Does the sov have any vampiric abilities, or are his abilities from the stock pool?

I'll be tweaking the skel skin as time passes. Put on the right clothes and you can't see the black. Also I notice when they make units, it's really hard to see the black part of the model so it pulls off the effect nicely. Just depends on your view. If I put too much meat on him he wouldn't look like a skeleton. As soon as we can get our models in it won't matter. Henry Morgan (Admiral100) is working on a really kick ass Skeleton Model so there will be "Actual" skeletons in the game then.

Special Abilities for Lord Strahd and other undead units are coming in version 3.0 . Right now the race follows the abilities and techs of the Wraith. I want to give the Stardock Team time to do their magic and balance things out the way they want them first, then I'll go from there. In the end I want the Undead and their abilities to fit in with the rest of the base game as much as possible so eventually people will just consider them another stock race and necessary part of the game (because no fantasy game is complete without the Undead ).

Quoting Twohawks,

Aye Thanks for helping bring this one home Dhuran!

Indeed. Dhuran was a big help on this one. He deserves just as much grats on this as I do. It's funny because he tells me I did the hard part and I tell him he did the hard part. As long as each of us thinks our job was the easy one and the funnest then this should keep moving along nicely lol.

Way to go Dhuran!!

September 8, 2010 1:16:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Congrats man! This looks so awesome. You'll have one more download tonight as soon as I get home.

Drooling at the prospect of the next version with actual new techs and a new spellbook, etc. Also a custom tileset for their faction area-of-control flavor would be niiice, and more custom buildings, and the new models..... I am greedy, hahaha

September 8, 2010 1:19:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Bobby Hardenbrook,
Congrats man! This looks so awesome. You'll have one more download tonight as soon as I get home.

Drooling at the prospect of the next version with actual new techs and a new spellbook, etc. Also a custom tileset for their faction area-of-control flavor would be niiice, and more custom buildings, and the new models..... I am greedy, hahaha

We're working, we're working...sheesh..lol. Perfection takes time you know

Thanks for the support my friend.

September 8, 2010 1:22:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are there any other race/faction mods that are this far along yet? I'm excited at the prospect of eventually playing a game with several different unique player-made factions in the same game, along with the standard ones.

Also, is anyone dabbling with custom quests yet? Seems like the addition of some player-created quests would add a ton of flavor to the game. 

I want to do custom races and quests eventually, but thats gonna be a long term project for me. My modding experience is pretty thin, have just dabbled/toyed around in civ 4 modding previously. 

September 8, 2010 1:56:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are there any other race/faction mods that are this far along yet? I'm excited at the prospect of eventually playing a game with several different unique player-made factions in the same game, along with the standard ones.

None that I know of....yet. I hear Wintersong has a pretty good Elven Race he's hogging up to him-self on his system. Maybe someone should bug him to release it . If not, I'll have to do a few Elven factions for the DL Mod anyway so I'll make sure to release them separately as stand alones with various skin packs.

September 8, 2010 2:31:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The project is coming along nicely! Well done Raven & DL team!

September 8, 2010 4:02:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Raven X,
I hear Wintersong has a pretty good Elven Race he's hogging up to him-self on his system. Maybe someone should bug him to release it 

But I do not have a pretty good elven mod. Right now it's only a basic faction and the option to create elven Sovereigns (buggy too). No custom pics for the basic units, no custom buildings, clothing selestion should be refined... and they are not sylvan (If I had made them with black hair, I'd named them Noldor. ). But if you want, I can send you the files. Because if you are holding your breath waiting for me to finish it soon...

For the record, Bear Cavarly doesn't work. I tried. No luck.

Oh, and thank you Dhuran for helping Raven. It's good to see so full of energy about all this... even if its because of undead.  

September 8, 2010 10:07:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey everyone (including Raven). I just wanted to post and say thanks for all the positive responses and support! It's great to see that others are as passionate about undead as we are.

It's fun to work on this stuff with the team, and Raven really DID do the hard part for this mod (did you see those zombie skins?!)

Thanks again all. Also thanks to Stardock for delivering (in my mind) on the core game so far, and such solid support for modding. Keep it up!

-Dhuran

September 9, 2010 2:18:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just dropping by to say that Raven will have a few new assets to include to his dreaded Undead Faction soon, as a preview here are some of the things I've been adding so he can play around with them in the tile editor!

I skinned them so they arent that great, but once Raven works his magic they should be looking good!

Note: These screenshots are from inside the Builders Forge!

September 9, 2010 2:43:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Civfreak,
Just dropping by to say that Raven will have a few new assets to include to his dreaded Undead Faction soon, as a preview here are some of the things I've been adding so he can play around with them in the tile editor!

Reduced 60%

Original 950 x 560

I skinned them so they arent that great, but once Raven works his magic they should be looking good!

Note: These screenshots are from inside the Builders Forge!

Dude...those skins look Great!!! I don't think I need to do anything but use them in a tile . Excellent work brother, the game's sorely missing decent tombstones.

September 10, 2010 10:24:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Raven, would you mind if I used your zombie and/or skeleton texture for a quest mod I want to do? Would use them as monsters in a couple quests. I'm new to all this and not sure what the etiquette is for sharing mod assets.

September 10, 2010 10:49:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Woohoo!! Go team! You guys are on fire with this one. Congrats!

Gnilbert

September 11, 2010 1:09:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Raven, would you mind if I used your zombie and/or skeleton texture for a quest mod I want to do? Would use them as monsters in a couple quests. I'm new to all this and not sure what the etiquette is for sharing mod assets.

Not at all man, feel free. All that I ask is that you give the Dragonlance Team credit for the assets. Here's an example of a XML from the normal base files to show you what I mean:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<UnitSkinTextureDefs>

<DataChecksum NoParse="1">
    <Ignore>DisplayName, Icon, SkinTextureFilename, SupportedUnitModelType</Ignore>
    <Translate>DisplayName</Translate>
  </DataChecksum>

<!-- ************************************ -->
  <!-- ** KingdomMale unit type textures ** -->
  <!-- ************************************ -->

See the part where it says "KingdomMale unit type textures"? You can write anything you want in there and it won't effect the xml at all. Right there put "so and so created by Raven X and the Dragonlance Mod Team". "So and so" being whatever asset you use. That's what I do when I use anything created by another modder after I ask them. Either that, or, when I do the "Installation Read-Me" I give the other modder credit there.

That goes for Anybody who may be interested in using any of the assets we create. You already have my permission So Long as credit is given as I do for others. We all need to work together and share assets as much as we can. That way it keeps people from doing the same things and we can get more done as a community

September 11, 2010 1:25:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

looking nice Raven and team

September 11, 2010 4:33:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sounds good Raven, I'll do that! Thanks!

September 11, 2010 5:59:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1. All folders are labeled to where they go. Inside the Gfx folder you'll find 2 folders, Eyes, and HKB. Both of these are in your Install Directory located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Elemental\Gfx

Raven X,

From my testing, I have not been able to store any graphics in the Mods folder.  Should I assume, based upon your location of the graphic directories, that this was your finding as well?

Thanks.

September 11, 2010 7:02:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jharii,

1. All folders are labeled to where they go. Inside the Gfx folder you'll find 2 folders, Eyes, and HKB. Both of these are in your Install Directory located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Elemental\Gfx

Raven X,

From my testing, I have not been able to store any graphics in the Mods folder.  Should I assume, based upon your location of the graphic directories, that this was your finding as well?

Thanks.

Yeap. I tried retaining the file structure perfectly like I was told by a few people and I still couldn't get it to work that way. I noticed on a few custom sovs using my skins that I made, that if I put the files in the mods directory they would show up on my previously created characters, but I couldn't see them to make new ones. So they were half working, which means maybe I had something else wrong, I don't know. I know when I put them where I specify though they work, so that's what I do.

September 12, 2010 6:59:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Downloaded and great mod.

1 thing though, for your faction xml you have it set for a generic kingdom sovereign instead of lard strahd when played by the AI.

I corrected it on mine, but just letting you know in case you didn't mean that.

edit: and all the skins for fallen ... and kingdom males changed to the zombie... hmmm

September 12, 2010 1:14:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting EviliroN,
Downloaded and great mod.

1 thing though, for your faction xml you have it set for a generic kingdom sovereign instead of lard strahd when played by the AI.

I corrected it on mine, but just letting you know in case you didn't mean that.

edit: and all the skins for fallen ... and kingdom males changed to the zombie... hmmm

ALL the skins? That's not right lol. It doesn't do that on my system or anyone else's that I know of, though I have made some tweaks and corrections. What corrections did you make to make Strahd work as the Sov for the Undead on your end? On my system it's worked correctly from the start but maybe when I zipped up the files for uploading I accidentally put an old file in place.

I've made some other revisions for the upcoming 2.5 patch for Undead Rising. We fixed and added All the Hair and Clothing options for the Undead which aren't in version 2.0 plus I made some tweaks to the values for the skins showing up outside of the Undead Race. It definitely should Not have changed the skin for All Fallen and Kingdom males to a Zombie though so something went buggy on your end somewhere. If you need help tweaking a file or find a problem please keep me informed my friend.

Thanks EviliroN

September 12, 2010 3:28:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Lovely screenshots, but I can't design new units with this race.

The unit design screen is just black, and there are no starter units to train either.

I don't have the game installed in the "program files" dir... You think that could screw things up? Or is it because I'm using XP that has a different path to the "My games" dir?

September 12, 2010 4:05:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Magog_AoW,
Lovely screenshots, but I can't design new units with this race.

The unit design screen is just black, and there are no starter units to train either.

I don't have the game installed in the "program files" dir... You think that could screw things up? Or is it because I'm using XP that has a different path to the "My games" dir?

Hmm, I don't know what to tell you on that one. I've never had any errors like that. When you're playing as the Undead though, you have to click on "Design" and make a new unit. When you click on "Design" you should see either a skeleton skinned model or a zombie skinned model waiting to be given armor and weapons just like designing any other unit in game as another faction.

Your issues might be from the way you installed the game, but as long as you put the files in the correct places within the file structure of the game they should work correctly.

September 12, 2010 5:18:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ravenloft_Faction_Custom.xml, line 49, <SovereignUnitType>Lord Strahd_-795198123-26</SovereignUnitType>

used to be     <SovereignUnitType>Sovereign_Kingdom_Male_Basic</SovereignUnitType>.

And not EVERY single unit that isn't female is a zombie, I meant, rather, every faction's male has a random chance to make one.

that being said, where would i start looking as to why this happened, I'm no ultra-modder

September 12, 2010 6:00:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ahhh..lol. Yeah, I fixed that line for the Sov on mine. That was a case of a old file getting in where the new file should have been. It's what happens when you edit files in multiple folders at once.

Ok, the skin showing up on other factions is a side effect of my first version of the skins. Here's how you fix what I didn't clean up there (which Is cleaned up for the next update).

Go to your directory here: Documents\My Games\Elemental\Units

Open up the file: CoreSkinsUndeadZombie.xml

You'll see this:

<UnitSkinTextureDef InternalName="Unit_Skin_Texture_Sovereign_Zombie">
    <DisplayName>Undead Zombie Skin</DisplayName>
    <Icon>K_Male_Undead_Icon.png</Icon>
    <SkinTextureFilename>F_Male_Zomb_Texture.png</SkinTextureFilename>
    <SupportedUnitModelType>KingdomMale</SupportedUnitModelType>
    <SupportedUnitModelType>WraithMale</SupportedUnitModelType>
    <SupportedUnitModelType>TarthanMale</SupportedUnitModelType>
    <SupportedUnitModelType>MancerMale</SupportedUnitModelType>
    <SupportedUnitModelType>IroneerMale</SupportedUnitModelType>
    <SupportedUnitModelType>AmarianMale</SupportedUnitModelType>
    <SupportedUnitModelType>EmpireMale</SupportedUnitModelType>
    <RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>9999999999999999999</RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>
    <RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>9999999999999999999</RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>
    <RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>9999999999999999999</RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>
  </UnitSkinTextureDef>

</UnitSkinTextureDefs>

Take out All the lines that say "<SupportedUnitModelType>" and replace them with:

<SupportedUnitModelType>UndeadMale</SupportedUnitModelType>

What this will do is stop the zombie skin from showing on any race but the "Undead". What this means though is if you want to make a Undead Sov then when picking the race you'll actually have to pick "Undead" or it won't show up. This also applies to making a new faction using either Stardock's Faction creation tool in the Workshop or using Murtea's excellent Faction Creation Tool. Either way though if you don't pick Undead as your race you won't see the Zombie or Skeleton skins.

I'll make sure all this stuff is tightened up in the next update. When I finish making the rest of the custom Undead City Tiles I'll release a 2.5 Update. When we can get Admirals Skeleton Model animated and in game we'll be releasing Undead Rising v 3.0 with "Real" Skeletons instead of just my costume skin and it will include Undead Females as Vampires. Right now Undead Females are disabled but for some reason the zombies carried over the female sounds which is fixed and will be in the 2.5 update as well.

Hope that helps my friend

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time: