Realistic Urxen (Download Here)

Re-Skin of Urxen with realistic Texture

By on September 1, 2010 6:57:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

RavenX

Join Date 10/2008
+194

Urxen with "Realistic" skin Texture are here!!!

They're beefy, they're nasty, they're hairy and violent, they are the Urxen!!!

With this skin you'll have Hordes of Urxen beast men terrorizing the countryside. The armies of the Kingdoms shall bow to their strength!!! Details include tusks on the mouth, veins, and hair.

Download Link: http://depositfiles.com/files/isajca43w

1. Unzip

2. Place .png file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Elemental\Gfx\HKB\Units directory. (Win7)

3. Place the CoreSkinsUrxen.xml in the \Documents\My Games\Elemental\Units directory.

4. Enjoy having Realistic Urxen!!!

Locked Post 25 Replies +2 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
M. Agrippa
MageMatthew
September 1, 2010 8:40:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

these are pretty cool, like the mouth especially.

September 1, 2010 9:16:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting adaban,
these are pretty cool, like the mouth especially.

Thank you my friend. I'm glad someone liked them aside from me. You just kept my fragile ego from jumping off a bridge..lol.

September 1, 2010 9:24:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

looks good raven.  i dig it.

September 1, 2010 9:38:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Stmorpheus,
looks good raven.  i dig it.

Thanks man . I should have it finished and posted for downloading before morning. I think I'm going to try to add some better textured hair to this one and see how it comes out. Here's what I'm using as inspiration though I may do a couple color variations:

September 1, 2010 9:45:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Damn fine work as always my friend...

September 1, 2010 9:47:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh shit that guy looks fucking evil

September 1, 2010 10:21:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was under the impression that Urxen were a bestial race, are you sure they're supposed to be all orc like?

September 1, 2010 11:13:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Valentine82,
I was under the impression that Urxen were a bestial race, are you sure they're supposed to be all orc like?

I thought orcs were "Beastial"? I'm going to make them hairy as the normal texture is as well, I'm just using that guy as a tecture base for the skin. Though I did take a little "artistic license" with the tusks. I just thought they looked cool.

Quoting Twohawks,
Damn fine work as always my friend...

Quoting Heavenfall,
Oh shit that guy looks fucking evil

Thanks guys

September 2, 2010 3:58:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dude, my soldiers are gonna s*^% themselves when they see these guys marching around. Nice work Raven

September 2, 2010 4:36:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Raven X,

Quoting Valentine82, reply 7I was under the impression that Urxen were a bestial race, are you sure they're supposed to be all orc like?

I thought orcs were "Beastial"? I'm going to make them hairy as the normal texture is as well, I'm just using that guy as a tecture base for the skin. Though I did take a little "artistic license" with the tusks. I just thought they looked cool.

Not in the way I meant. I was under the impression that Urxen were like beast men (and women), tough rugged hairy beast men. The skin modding is impressive but it doesn't seem like realistic Urxen to me, it seems more like Dungeons and Dragons Urxen. Quendar are your reptilians, Urxen are more like wolfy bear men.

!! Hey! This would be perfect for the Dying Sun mod!

September 2, 2010 5:28:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Valentine82,

Not in the way I meant. I was under the impression that Urxen were like beast men (and women), tough rugged hairy beast men. The skin modding is impressive but it doesn't seem like realistic Urxen to me, it seems more like Dungeons and Dragons Urxen. Quendar are your reptilians, Urxen are more like wolfy bear men.

Ahh, ok, I see what you mean. When I say "realistic" I mean in texture. Like how when you comepare a CGI pic of a monster against a guy in impressive movie make-up (like LotR's orcs). That kind of "realistic". Texture, feeling. With the Quendar, since they were lizards, I used a real life lizard texture for the skin. With the Urxen here I went with a more beastial skin-tone and hair. Sorry for the confusion on "realism". Maybe I should say "not cartoony"?

September 2, 2010 5:44:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

All Done!!! Enjoy everyone

September 2, 2010 10:18:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just for fun here's the download stats on the Mods I've done so far.

Download Count:

Undead Rising = 44

Realistic Quendar = 22

Realistic Urxen = 1

I do so like watching numbers rise

September 2, 2010 10:28:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, those look just like me.  

Good job man, looks good. 

September 5, 2010 10:40:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Count me in for a download.

Great work as always.

September 8, 2010 1:28:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Did this and the Quendar one get broken by 1.07? I can't get either one to load, followed the instructions as described.

tried playing as both races and could never see the new textures. 

hmmm

September 8, 2010 2:25:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Bobby Hardenbrook,
Did this and the Quendar one get broken by 1.07? I can't get either one to load, followed the instructions as described.

tried playing as both races and could never see the new textures. 

hmmm

Are you sure you did it right? I'm running 1.7 and they both still work here. Update shouldn't have effected them at all.

Edit: Also, the update Might have reset your options to "Use Mods". Might want to give that a look.

September 8, 2010 3:12:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Odd. I started over from scratch following the same steps and I was able to get the urxen realistic texture working, looks GREAT! Amazing what a difference a texture can make, adds so much flavor!

But for some reason I'm still unable to get the realistic Quendar tecture to appear in-game. Repeated the same steps several times, re-started the game several times. Still no luck with the Quendar texture. Wierd.

September 8, 2010 3:27:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Odd. I started over from scratch following the same steps and I was able to get the urxen realistic texture working, looks GREAT! Amazing what a difference a texture can make, adds so much flavor!

But for some reason I'm still unable to get the realistic Quendar tecture to appear in-game. Repeated the same steps several times, re-started the game several times. Still no luck with the Quendar texture. Wierd.

These only work for making Sovereigns atm, but an update is coming that will change all the race skins in game to the ones I make and the AI will use them. If you got them working for Sovereign creation then you did the install right.

September 8, 2010 3:33:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, I got the realistic Queandar texture working. Again, looks great!

Had to tweak the Queandar  texture definition xml file to make the percentage of liklihood values match the values for realistic Urxen...

<RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>70</RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>    

<RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>30</RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>    

<RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>5</RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>

For some reason all the the values were 0 in the download, was that intentional?

Thanks!

September 8, 2010 3:43:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, I got the realistic Queandar texture working. Again, looks great!

Had to tweak the Queandar  texture definition xml file to make the percentage of liklihood values match the values for realistic Urxen...

<RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>70</RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>    

<RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>30</RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>    

<RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>5</RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>

For some reason all the the values were 0 in the download, was that intentional?

Thanks!

Ahh, yes, that was intentional but I also planned on changing it. I wasn't sure if people would Want them possibly over-riding the default textures so I left the values at 0. I did plan on going back and tweaking them up higher, but, when I do versions 2.0 of each skin I'll be including variants and making the factions not use the default skins at all.

I'm glad you like them .

September 8, 2010 3:51:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Woah!  Now this is something that's gonna add tons of flavor to the game!  Very good work!

September 8, 2010 4:04:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You planning on doing other realistic textures Raven? I suppose you are busy with the undead rising and dragonlance mod stuff though

BTW, you are my hero for the undead rising mod, can't wait for version 2 and 3! When I think of all the possibilities for unique races and factions I feel a bit giddy. And then theres things like custom quests and resources and monsters that haven't been explored much yet. The power of this engine is starting to boggle my mind, after looking over the mod forum for a few hours today. A lot of stuff is emerging and percolating after only a few days of a stable release, very exciting!

September 8, 2010 4:48:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You planning on doing other realistic textures Raven? I suppose you are busy with the undead rising and dragonlance mod stuff though

BTW, you are my hero for the undead rising mod, can't wait for version 2 and 3! When I think of all the possibilities for unique races and factions I feel a bit giddy. And then theres things like custom quests and resources and monsters that haven't been explored much yet. The power of this engine is starting to boggle my mind, after looking over the mod forum for a few hours today. A lot of stuff is emerging and percolating after only a few days of a stable release, very exciting!

Indeed I plan on re-skinning all the Fallen races and having variations of all skins. I've got lots of little mods in different stages of development all in the name of teaching us what we need to know to bring the complete vision of the world of Krynn into Elemental for the Dragonlance Mod.

BTW, Undead Rising 2.0 will be up MOMENTARILY!!! Packaging everything together for download and writing install instructions right now. Should be up for download within the next 30 minutes or so.

September 14, 2010 12:40:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Your 'Realistic' Urxen may not look like Urxen, but they sure look like Orcs, they're bound to end up in a lot of really cool mods. I love your stuff Raven.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: