[1.06] Elemental has detected a corrupt patch, please log in to update.

By on September 1, 2010 4:49:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Shadowlord

Join Date 07/2008

What to do? I have just recieved this issue this morning and there apparently is no patch?

Locked Post 136 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 1, 2010 5:13:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well ... try to log in and see what happens

September 1, 2010 5:25:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Same here gave a corrupt patch and there was that stupid sad face. So I uninstalled and reinstalled.....seemed to work fine until I try new game. First the game show me the normal loading screen with the "tip of the day" info and after that dissapears it just keeps showing me the background image which "moves" or you rather sorta hower over it(It's loading screen background).

EDIT: So I deceided to install all patches(At reinstall I installed only 1.06) and the stupid sad face came back.....WHAT GIVES?!?

September 1, 2010 5:43:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting CainStar,
Same here gave a corrupt patch and there was that stupid sad face. So I uninstalled and reinstalled.....seemed to work fine until I try new game. First the game show me the normal loading screen with the "tip of the day" info and after that dissapears it just keeps showing me the background image which "moves" or you rather sorta hower over it(It's loading screen background).

EDIT: So I deceided to install all patches(At reinstall I installed only 1.06) and the stupid sad face came back.....WHAT GIVES?!?

All the patches?

September 1, 2010 5:44:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah just tried this myself.....another lame a** security feature.....Thanks Stardock.

September 1, 2010 5:49:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Should I assume you are using a pirated copy?

September 1, 2010 5:51:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Interesting.

September 1, 2010 6:48:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes I am using a pirate copy.....and I like this game and I will buy it once all the expansions are out and most of the bugs are gone. I did this with Galactic Civilization 2. Like it or not......ban me or not.

September 1, 2010 7:36:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have the same problem all the sudden and I assure you I do NOT have a pirated copy, if you wish me to send you the receipt I will if it'll help. The game was working fine the other day, I'm at 1.06 + hotfix. Now I get some silly sad face on my game with the game itself twirling around in black and white. I do not have the spare bandwidth to redownload this game as I only bought the digital release from Impulse so please don't recommend that.

I have logged in Impulse, I have tried re-activating the game, I've tried manually registering it with the key under "View Registration" even though the email upon purchase assured me it done that for me.

September 1, 2010 7:55:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A phone home scheme in a SD game? Has Bobby Kotlick taken over operations? So much for the "You can uninstall Impulse after installation if you want" that has been touted since it's inception.

September 1, 2010 8:33:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't know if that's the case, as my game should have checked out, perhaps suddenly my game has indeed become corrupt by some farce coincidence, but funny enough can still be played...just its all black and white and spinning with a giant red sad face so obviously whatever is wrong isn't so absurdly wrong that the game still runs. Is there some game integrity check I can run ala Steam to fix whatever may be wrong?

September 1, 2010 8:42:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hold down shift and right click elemental in Impulse.  There should be a verify install option on the menu.

September 1, 2010 8:43:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DethAdder,
A phone home scheme in a SD game? Has Bobby Kotlick taken over operations? So much for the "You can uninstall Impulse after installation if you want" that has been touted since it's inception.

There is no phone home scheme in Elemental.

It will contact the servers to look for the latest patches so it can inform you about them and likewise it can contact the servers to provide the Impulse Reactor features like chat, friends and in the future achievements, but the game will run fine with no internet access at all (just without those features)

September 1, 2010 8:53:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If it happened on a legit copy, i think i SD just found a moderlode of toilet paper, it's called "Gamer's Bill of Rights". Because evidently this stuff is some security stuff gone mad.

September 1, 2010 8:57:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Did the copy in question have the large memory space aware patch applied by any chance?

September 1, 2010 9:01:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It happened to me too, but I was using the user-created out of memory solution patch that allows Elemental to use more memory (the thread is located somewhere in this forum).  I had no trouble with it til last night and it had actually fixed my OOM problems.  Once I went back to the original, unpatched elemental.exe I stopped getting the sad face. 

September 1, 2010 9:01:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not aware of what a large memory space aware patch is sorry...trying the verification option now. Is it just a cff edit to allow more than 2gb of memory to be used? Sounds like that would be it, I've done that myself as I do with most games.

September 1, 2010 9:09:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, that's what it does and it does not seem like something that would invalidate my copy of Elemental, but as soon as I switched it out for the original .exe, the game loaded up just fine.  Here's a link to the post: http://forums.elementalgame.com/393090

September 1, 2010 9:09:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok that worked, so that was the problem? Great, so now I can play with more memory leaks. Hoorah! Least it's better than a spinning black and white screen with a very sad looking face staring at me with those piracy accusing eyes.

September 1, 2010 9:10:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I believe the next elemental update will be aware of the user created large memory space patch and so should not trigger the corrupt patch detected message when that is used.

September 1, 2010 9:15:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm glad that worked for you, Cantrip, but yeah. . .  back to the OOM errors.  Glad to hear that, Neil - thanks for the info.

September 1, 2010 9:24:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

Quoting DethAdder, reply 10A phone home scheme in a SD game? Has Bobby Kotlick taken over operations? So much for the "You can uninstall Impulse after installation if you want" that has been touted since it's inception.

There is no phone home scheme in Elemental.

It will contact the servers to look for the latest patches so it can inform you about them and likewise it can contact the servers to provide the Impulse Reactor features like chat, friends and in the future achievements, but the game will run fine with no internet access at all (just without those features)

Woot! That's good to hear . I thought one of the last of the good guys had given in

September 1, 2010 9:25:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Damn, I want to see a pic of that!!! (no, I'm not installing the memory thingy )

September 1, 2010 9:35:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wintersong,
Damn, I want to see a pic of that!!! (no, I'm not installing the memory thingy )

September 1, 2010 12:28:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Let's make a quick summary of the problem then!

- The game is bugged to the core, making us Stardock fans to become Stardock haters.

- Then a fellow member of the comunity creates a way to adress one annoying bug of the game.

- But if you make the correction yourself, Stardock disaproves and your game stop working, so either you play the way they want you to - bugged - or you don't play at all. Or you can wait more days without playing the game you bought, waiting for the real release date, witch is 20 patches away from today, when you will finally have a game without so many ridiculous bugs.

Well done. This seems to be the worst game release ever.

September 1, 2010 12:39:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting CainStar,
Yes I am using a pirate copy.....and I like this game and I will buy it once all the expansions are out and most of the bugs are gone. I did this with Galactic Civilization 2. Like it or not......ban me or not.

LOL... I work as a loss prevention officer for a major retailer.  If all thieves were like you it would make my job a whole lot easier.  You realize that you essentially told the developers that you stole the game.  I love stupid criminals...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000671   Page Render Time: