By on August 31, 2010 3:40:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Vhorthex

Join Date 11/2009
+2

Hello everyone!

I was thrilled to see someone had compiled a bunch of avatars, some of which are taken from the wizards of MOM

I quickly downloaded one, tried to upload it and well... It dosen't work. I get a text box flash very quickly stating that it's preparing to upload the file, and then boom done. But I always get the same message in the picture frame (Please upload a new picture).

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just disabled temporarily?

My perdy Avatar... Noo...

Yelp!

Locked Post 14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 31, 2010 3:41:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yep, i cant upload either (for 3 weeks now)... Same exact problem

August 31, 2010 3:44:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ditto'd...

September 1, 2010 8:30:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have the same problem. at this point I'd be happy if I was at least able to delete my current avatar but that won't work either.

September 1, 2010 8:39:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had the same problem and followed a thread on some other Stardock forum about it. Turns out it's broken on most of their sites for some people, but works for almost everyone if you log into http://www.joeuser.com and change it. Dunno why. Since it's the same ID, that propagates to these forums.

September 1, 2010 8:46:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NStriker,
I had the same problem and followed a thread on some other Stardock forum about it. Turns out it's broken on most of their sites for some people, but works for almost everyone if you log into http://www.joeuser.com and change it. Dunno why. Since it's the same ID, that propagates to these forums.

yeah this. I did a "search" (gasp ) about avatars and found someone explaining you had to do it through that joeuser thing.

So, without having to create yet another thread I did what the 'search' found me and it worked great. (though I don't get why haha)

September 1, 2010 8:48:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

lol look, it worked

alborelli lol, yeah but the reason most of us dont use forum searches are because 95% of the time they return absolute gibberish results that have nothing to do with what you wanted to find

September 1, 2010 8:50:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

After searching this forum with a similiar question in my mind, I finally was able to  upload my avatar at http://joeuser.com/.

Apparently this is a Stardock owned blogging site that shares accounts with impulse ... so you're already registered there. And believe it or not, for some reason uploading your avatar on this site works in contrast to elementalgame.com.

Rabenhoff

EDIT And one point on searching this forum. For most issues it is indeed rather useless to search the forum as you cannot sort the results e.g. by date. When I want to know whether somebody else already reported a bug, then all the results dating from the Beta aren't much help.

September 1, 2010 10:03:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

thanks NStriker... i believe it worked!

September 1, 2010 10:57:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can't wait to try this out!

Thanks all!

September 1, 2010 12:13:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've been looking into the avatar issue and I believe the issue is related to an authentication change we made a few weeks back.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find a solution to the problem, but I will keep you guys informed of any updates the next chance I have to take a look.

Bara

September 1, 2010 12:44:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GunslingerBara,
I've been looking into the avatar issue and I believe the issue is related to an authentication change we made a few weeks back.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find a solution to the problem, but I will keep you guys informed of any updates the next chance I have to take a look.

Bara

Thanks for poking your head in Bara

In the meantime, maybe sticky a clean post of how to update your avatar using the alternative website that is mentioend in this thread?

Just a thought.

Cheers,

V.

September 2, 2010 7:49:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had to use IE even on joeuser, FF blocks that upload mechanizm that utilizes flash. Reminds me of new imageshack bundle uploading that didn't work for me first too, but apparently it got fixed

September 2, 2010 8:04:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had to use opera, but i'm just happy it works now.

Thanks for everyone who gave advice!

Cheers,

V

September 16, 2010 3:03:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I tried uploading my avatar in the joseur site & checked the my-account settings on this site, going to test it out now, as it doesn't seem my avator is showing up in older posts.

... seems to work fine now, but it's not retrofitting older posts.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time: