Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 won't install.

By on August 30, 2010 11:13:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Zozma

Join Date 04/2009

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 won't install on my Windows Vista computer. Every time I try to install it off Elemental, I recieve en error message (something like 1925, will clarify if needed). If I try to download it off the internet and install it, the program closes almost immediately after it begins installing. Microsoft Visual C++ is apparently essential to playing Elemental; without it, my game won't even start.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 31, 2010 1:43:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It shouldn't need visual c++ 2005, but probably needs the C Run time...

1925 is a permissions error. More than likely you are not trying to install the game as an administrator, its odd that the game installed at all though.  If UAC didn't come up when you tried to install it, you can try right clicking and choosing run as administrator.

Putting that dll (Dependency Walker says MSVCR80.DLL) in the same directory as the elemental executable should do the trick.

Oddly, MSVCR90.DLL is already in the directory. Its possible that they are using mixed versions of the CRT but they may also have shipped the wrong version.

August 31, 2010 11:10:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I uninstalled the game, opened up the folder, and tried reinstalling it as an administrator. It didn't help; the same Microsoft Visual Error (Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation assembly 'policy 8.0 Microsoft VC80.ATL.type="win32-policy".version=8.050727.publicKeyToken=1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b."prfrocessorArchitecture="x86.

I also tried downloading MSVCR80.DLL and putting it in my Elemental folder, but it didn't have any effect. MSVCR90.DLL is already in there. When I try to launch the game, I get this message:

"C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\ Elemental\ Elemental.exe

The Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrrect. Please see the application event log for mor detail."

August 31, 2010 11:20:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Do you have the same issue installing the 2005 SP1 redist straight from Microsoft?

August 31, 2010 2:53:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a similar problem with trying to install it straight to Microsoft. The program will start up, I'll agree to everything, and the program will just close while it's "gathering information." It won't appear in the processor of my task manager or anything; it just closes. Multiple attempts have yielded the same result.

August 31, 2010 3:09:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sounds like something is broken in windows itself on your machine, in that case.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: