super strong pack dragon

By on August 29, 2010 8:29:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hrothgar

Join Date 11/2002

I've come across my second unusually strong unit--a single pack dragon with a defense of 477 and an attack of 2489.

I took a screenshot and saved the game, but I don't know where the saved games are, so I can't upload it.

I hope this is not supposed to happen, because I have no idea how to deal with such a strong unit.

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 29, 2010 10:17:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You can find your screen shots in your My Documents folder \My Games\Elemental\ScreenShots

August 29, 2010 11:04:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hah, this is nothing. In one of my games on a large map with difficulty medium, I had a dragon running around, that had a combat rating of more than 119.000 because its defence was somewhere around 22k. He had more than 2000 HP and his attack was somewhere above 4000 IIRC.
Ridiculous.

August 29, 2010 11:30:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, as I said, that was the second overpowered unit I stumbled across.  The first was a shrill with a defense of over 30,000 and an attack of more than 16 million!  But, that was prior to the patches from Thursday/Friday.

I have the screen shot--altho I don't know how to make it visible here.  What I don't know is, where are the saved games?

August 30, 2010 12:24:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is something of a known issue.

When the spawn points for creatures are heavily restricted on the map because of kingdom boundries and topography, sometimes one creature will get "stuck" right on the spawn point, and all subsequent creatures spawn on top, resulting in combat, and one of the creatures leveling up. And when stuck on a spawn point, it happens over and over every turn.

Since health goes up on a curve, it gets fairly high.

The personal best I have seen is a Pack Drake with 38.4 million+ health.

August 30, 2010 4:59:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not quite 38.4 million health but.... damn that is a charismatic drake.

Still though, how the hell do you fight something with 1.4 trillion attack and 189 billion defense.

EDIT: Aww I spoke too soon. Slightly later, same game. 38.4 million health, 21.8 trillion attack, 3.4 trillion defense. That thing could sneeze and take down half the map.

I mean seriously, 1.5 million moves, sight, and combat speed? Though I have to wonder how much Mind Blast would do to it with that much int... hmm one minute while I try that

Edit again: Well the most it hit for was around 30,000 so unless I had the time, patience, and mana to slow/hurricane it then blast the hell out of it with Mind Blast for around 1,500 times...

Though I do wonder, how much xp would I get for killing a level 140+ monster heh

August 30, 2010 5:06:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Woot nice one ! 

August 30, 2010 10:48:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The best thing with those indestructible monsters is, to enable cheats, CTRL+D them and go take a walk in the enemy territorys and settlements

August 30, 2010 1:56:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

it makes sense it would be charismatic.  You'd listen to ANYTHING a drake like that told you to do

August 30, 2010 10:26:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah I want that time I wasted back. Just spent 600 turns (and a lot of mind blasts) killing that drake from the first picture. For some odd reason it couldn't move (but if you were close enough it would attack, as my poor knights found out) and every attack against it hit without a single miss. Thankfully my sovereign's children can regenerate mana in battles so I just had them sit back and blast the thing. After it was over my reward? A whole 0 Gildar and not a single level gained. This was a group of 3 level 20 somethings killing a level 132 drake... *smash head into keyboard*

August 30, 2010 10:33:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like that they description points out their relative lack of intelligence...i guess a score of 164240.1 just isn't what it used to be...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time: