[eMOD][v4] More customization options for Sovereigns & Units

By on August 29, 2010 6:55:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aexrael

Join Date 08/2006
+14

[eMOD] means that the mod is considered "ready for use". More information here

This mod is compatible with Elemental: War of Magic release 1.09.043

Info

The purpose of this mod is to open up a lot more customization options for the sovereign and unit design, regardless whether they are Empire, Kingdom, Male or Female. You should find many more clothing and hairstyle options available over the default selection.

Download link

Dropbox

Extract the zipped files to the following location

W7 C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Elemental\Mods\ClothingCust

XP C:\Users\Username\My Documents\My games\Elemental\Mods\ClothingCust

Recommended zip client, http://www.7-zip.org/

Known issues

There may be some glitches here and there. Please reply to the thread and report them, preferably with a screenshot.

Some items don't match well together, they glitch through each other. There is nothing I can do about that.

Items with a hood makes you go bald, these were excluded from appearing in the selection for Random Generation but are otherwise available for unit and sovereign design.

Changelog Release 4

Fixes incorrectly applied Female tags, previously female only items were restricted to Kingdom of Men and Kraxis females, now properly available to all female races.

Fixes incorrectly applied male tags for beards, previously all beards were restricted to Kingdom of Men and Kraxis males, now properly available to all males races.

Sets all items (Except for Hooded) to 50% chance for random unit generation.

Restricted Yoren Cloak and Yoren Cloak (Dark) from random unit generation.

Restricted all but two gloves from Trogs, Urxen, and Quendar males.

XML file tidying (AKA NovaBurst has OCD).

Changelog Release 3

The following items were removed from selection from the following Male Races: Trogs, Urxen and Quendar.

***** Shirts ******
Warrior Shirt
Warrior Shirt (Light)
Warrior Shirt (Dark)
Nobelman Shirt (White)
Nobelman Shirt (Light)
Nobelman Shrit (Dark)
Warrior Shirt Leather
Warrior Shirt Leather (Light)
Warrior Shirt Leather (Dark)
Warrior Shirt Pleated (White)
Warrior Shirt Pleated (Light)
Warrior Shirt Pleated (Dark)
Warrior Shirt Diamond (white)
Warrior Shirt Diamond (Light)
Warrior Shirt Diamond (Dark)
Satin Shirt (Black)
Satin Shirt (Light)
Satin Shirt (Dark)

****** Surcoats *****
Padded Vest
Noble Surcoat and Vest

***** Cloaks & Coats *****
Removed Cloak tag from Great Coat (Light) and (Dark)

Changelog Release 2

A handful more items unlocked for Sovereigns.

Restricted a handful of items to be Female only.

File cleanup (Removable of redundant tags and duplicate items, unlocking of commented out items, and spelling fixes).

Several hooded items removed from random unit generation due to baldness issue.

Changelog Release 1

Initial Release.

Core Files Edited

CoreBlousesShirts

CoreBoots

CoreCloaksCoats

CoreHairHatsAccessories

CorePantsSkirts

CoreRobesDresses

CoreSurcoatsCoresetsVests

Pictures

Locked Post 26 Replies +4
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 30, 2010 5:23:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

FANTASTIC work here. I'd started to do this but it was too much of an undertaking for my priorities and you did a much better job then I ever could have done. I've tested this ingame and it works great, there is some stuff poking out here and there but it really gives more flavor to character customization.

One thing to keep in mind though is that now everyone will be using these clothings for their units. You may want to consider duplicating each clothing for other factions and reducing the...

<RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>5</RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>
    <RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>5</RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>
    <RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>10</RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>

... to 0. I've already had a problem with my children always spawning wearing the darn hooded clothings which causes them to have no hair when the outfit is changed. I don't like bald children, lol. Also, now all races will be using what was previously making one race look unique and special.

Oh, I also like how you implemented the non-default gender clothings. Some of the women clothing works with men and some of the men's clothing works fantastic on women (boots and pants especially). I did notice that Umbra's Vest caused men to suddenly sprout breasts but that's a minor issue considering the scope of what you did here.

Anyways, great work here! Everyone should download this for cooler looking characters. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. 

August 30, 2010 6:07:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks James009D!

Some oddities were bound to happen, I wrote some of them off as acceptable. There are for instance codpiece glitches on some pants for males. But you should have seen the bearded ladies, or the angry cross dressing men with clubs, or men with corsets that made them look like bikinis, much hilarity ensued when I saw that.

I tried to limit as much of those glithes as possible, which essentially was enabling tags for female Kingdom/Empire only. The funny thing is, most items fit the females just fine, as the clothing is more "gender neutral". But there's a ton more restrictions for males, due to the body shapes. All the hair styles were another thing I found within acceptable limits, and there were no restrictions there.

Uniqueness takes a hit in a way, I see your point. But also this opens so many more options, for people to make themselves unique and stand out. More diversity then the racial/gender/kingdom/empire/ limitations in place by default. And in all honesty, the races/allegiances weren't that different in the end in my humble opinion.

As for

<RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>5</RandomPeasantUnitLiklihood>
    <RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>5</RandomMerchantUnitLiklihood>
    <RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>10</RandomHeroUnitLiklihood>

I suppose I could adjust these to 0 for just the hooded items. This may take some time to dig them out of the files. But a good idea to prevent the baldness issue. But it likely also means that, there will be no units in the game that are generated randomly with a hooded robe. That is the tradeoff as far I can tell.

Thanks for mentioning Umber's Vest, I'll see about fixing that one. A problem I ran in to while doing all this, was that Stardock uses duplicate item names across different items. This made it fairly tricky to find the right "Vest" to fix, once I saw the oddity in the custom sovereign generator. It may very well be in fact, that I "fixed" the wrong Umber's Vest, and left out a vest that fits males just fine, instead of fixing the female one.

I shall take a look.

August 30, 2010 6:17:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't find any Umber's Vests that looks abnormal for me. Could you perhaps provide me a Screenshot James?

As I mentioned in OP though, when I first load up Elemental and start a new game and go to the Custom Sovereign editor, the clothing selection is wrong.

Why it does this I do not know. If I click the Body tab and change stance, and then click back to the Clothes tab, everything appears normally as it should. Elemental is ignoring the <SupportedUnitModelType></SupportedUnitModelType> tags for some reason upon first load.

August 30, 2010 7:55:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh and as for what's next, after I'm happy with the state of these edits, I'll probably start looking at the armor items and do a similar overhaul baring any unforeseen circumstances.

August 30, 2010 8:28:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice one! This really adds to the customization.

I'd do somethin like that too but on the other hand....naaaah.

As for the armors : Check the already available armor mods first to avoid compability issues. [random stuff]We rally need a better system for the ingame shop. Things are getting pretty confusing with all that new stuff.[/random stuff]

August 30, 2010 3:43:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Novaburst,
Thanks James009D!

I suppose I could adjust these to 0 for just the hooded items. This may take some time to dig them out of the files. But a good idea to prevent the baldness issue. But it likely also means that, there will be no units in the game that are generated randomly with a hooded robe. That is the tradeoff as far I can tell.

I've already modified the robes file with this fix, if you want to save yourself the time I can upload it somewhere.

August 30, 2010 5:39:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting James009D,

Quoting Novaburst, reply 2Thanks James009D!

I've already modified the robes file with this fix, if you want to save yourself the time I can upload it somewhere.

Appreciate the offer James, but I'm cleaning up the files I'm modding, and changing things around, your file would just slow me down. Again, appreciate the offer however.

I'll change the hooded clothing for Release 2 of this project, which is due probably by mid week. Should unlock a handful more options for Sovereigns as well.

I'll likely restrict some of the boots currently available to Female only, as they glitch quite a bit on males.

August 30, 2010 6:51:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Novaburst,

Appreciate the offer James, but I'm cleaning up the files I'm modding, and changing things around, your file would just slow me down. Again, appreciate the offer however.

I'll change the hooded clothing for Release 2 of this project, which is due probably by mid week. Should unlock a handful more options for Sovereigns as well.

I'll likely restrict some of the boots currently available to Female only, as they glitch quite a bit on males.

Ok, sounds good. I also agree on the female boots, most just don't look right. Looking forward to the updated release.

August 31, 2010 9:30:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Release 2 is available.

September 3, 2010 12:09:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

... and release 2 works with the update on my eMachine.

September 7, 2010 8:50:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really really love this mod, its just a shame that so many of the surcoats, pants and blouses / shirts dont work well with Urxen, Trog and Quendar :/
I basically removed those xml files due to that, haha.

I wouldnt dream of asking you to manually eyeball out the ones that clip through the Urxen/Trog/Quendar models and edit them out (or prevent those races from wearing them if thats possible), but it would be awesome if it was possible.

September 7, 2010 9:18:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow Nova a+ work there.....

September 8, 2010 6:43:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Baleurion,
I really really love this mod, its just a shame that so many of the surcoats, pants and blouses / shirts dont work well with Urxen, Trog and Quendar :/
I basically removed those xml files due to that, haha.

I wouldnt dream of asking you to manually eyeball out the ones that clip through the Urxen/Trog/Quendar models and edit them out (or prevent those races from wearing them if thats possible), but it would be awesome if it was possible.

It is possible. Items can be restricted by gender and or specific races. I might have another look through and further restrict the items, if there are some that clip too much. Depends on how many items there are which clip.

I admit most items were tested against the male and female models which weren't the "bulky" Urxen, Trog, and Quendar models.

September 8, 2010 9:33:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Version 3 released.

There is still plenty of clipping, but it should be less obvious for the Trox, Quendar and Urxen males.

I'm considering removing all the gloves from those three as well, since it clips a bit too much.

Any other feedback is welcome.

September 18, 2010 6:46:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Would these files cause a lot of CTDs by any chance?

September 19, 2010 5:29:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They shouldn't. I've played with these modded files nearly since launch my self, and they've never been the cause for a CTD. If you are experiencing such issues with these files please let me know ASAP.

September 19, 2010 3:26:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Version 4 released, fixes some considerable restrictions I messed up in previous version.

September 25, 2010 1:29:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No CTDs. Good mod.

Just tried V4 and it seems to be working great. This is an excellent mod.

One thing I'm noticing (which is probably not even related) is a lot of bald people in my games being randomly generated.

September 25, 2010 12:32:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting James009D,
No CTDs. Good mod.

Just tried V4 and it seems to be working great. This is an excellent mod.

One thing I'm noticing (which is probably not even related) is a lot of bald people in my games being randomly generated.

James, can you list which units are generated bald, because I'm not seeing it?

September 25, 2010 12:38:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, can you show us the pattern of male baldness.

I just wanted to know if you have thought about adding in dodge, dare, and assassinate to your custom screen. It would save me the trouble.

September 26, 2010 9:03:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,
Yes, can you show us the pattern of male baldness.

I just wanted to know if you have thought about adding in dodge, dare, and assassinate to your custom screen. It would save me the trouble.

I assume that's directed at James, seeing as how I haven't modded anything regarding any 'custom screen'.

September 30, 2010 7:14:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm in the process of adding clothes to the elf race, and I have to say, it's not until now that I realize what an insane amount of work you must have put into this.

Thumbs up for awesome mod.

September 30, 2010 9:47:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Girls with pants!  I like to make my archers female, and once I put armor on them, the skirts are no longer avaialble.  What we need is battle skirts!

In any event, when adding armor to females, they have bare knees once the armor is on them, makes them look silly.

October 1, 2010 12:47:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Nova, are these working for the latest version? 1.09 ?

October 1, 2010 3:13:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Been using this with 1.09 and so far it seems to be working just fine.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: