[eMOD] Bugfix Mod 1.7 for Elemental 1.06

By on August 29, 2010 1:00:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heavenfall

Join Date 07/2008
+436

I'm deleting this post since it's become obvious that only pirates are downloading it.

For legit users, update your game and find the appropriate version here: http://forums.elementalgame.com/395013

Locked Post 120 Replies +14 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Erlynmyre
GambitNC
Gravedancer
_PawelS_
DRavisher
Madmelodie
Yestin
Zipi80
NetNomad
AnjinSan1966
and 4 more...
August 30, 2010 9:34:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yikes, I think my xml tags broke the thread Sorry!

August 30, 2010 9:44:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No need to post the xml, I'll just dig it out of the files anyway after I check if they're actually bugged in-game.

DRavisher thanks for all the parse errors. Everything works with them, but I'll fix it in next release.

August 30, 2010 9:46:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I sent kryo a PM to see if he can fix the thread

August 30, 2010 10:41:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Added 1.4, with the fixes for empire & kingdom essence buildings (all were bugged). Also fixed the xml issues, and updated Drain life to 4 mana 3 range.

August 30, 2010 11:34:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cripes, you're like some kind of weird mod making machine. Thanks for the update Heavenfall. I swear, one day I too will be able to actually finish a session without finding an interesting mod that "forces" me to start over.

August 30, 2010 11:42:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not sure what's up, or if anyone else is having this same problem, but everytime I try to download the 1.3 version, it gets timed out.. Any chance for a re-upload or something? 1.04 works fine, it's just 1.03.

Edit: looks like the download finally kicked, but boy did it take a lot of tries, so I guess it should be all good now

thanks,

August 30, 2010 12:16:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I hate to ask a ridiculously simple question, but my Elemental folder doesn't have a Mods folder.  Should I create one, or do these files go in the 'my games/elemental' folders with the map I downloaded through the in-game mods feature?

Also, can this mod be added to that, or does it mod things they weren't intending to be modded through that feature?

August 30, 2010 12:43:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@NameisToad: You should be able to get this to work by simply creating a folder called Mods, in your main Elemental folder, and putting the files in there. This mod should be compatible with all maps.

August 30, 2010 12:44:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Heavenfall, hope you don't take offense, but here's a few more parse errors in 1.4

In  HF106_improvements_KingdomOasis.xml, the second-to-last line is <ImprovementType>, should be </ImprovementType>.

In HF106_spell_Shardproof.xml, there's an extra </SpellDef> above the rallying cry spell.

HF106_worldresource_PumpkinPatch.xml lacks a </ResourceTypes>

Even if it works with the errors, you never know when it suddenly gets messed up

August 30, 2010 12:51:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks, I'll toss them in the next update.

August 30, 2010 3:49:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
You must have msised http://forums.elementalgame.com/394013 !

Actually, I've discovered that you can counter the original values with a little creativity. You can multiply a +20% with a -20% by changing 1.20 to 0.8 in the multiplier. Seeing as the multiplier values stack, they cancel each other out. However, I don't know if it is going to display a +20% and a -20% in any summary windows, that could be a problem. I use this sort of a system to cancel the default values of all the NPC professions and it works.

August 30, 2010 3:52:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Things to add:

Some units in game don't start with default Combat Speed of 2 (introduced when patching to 1.05). This is because those units had no combat speed tags at all, so game defaulted them to 1.

3 fallen sovereigns are affected, Sentinels from Warlord trait, as well as those pre-made fallen peasants. And not to forget heroes from mini-campaign, they also get CS of 1. There may be more.

August 30, 2010 3:56:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm running into two very odd problems.

First, the bloody "design unit" screen already shows dodge bonus from shield. Did I just make a completely unnecessary mod? I don't recall it being there unmodded.

Secondly, none of my sovereigns can equip anything. "Like wtf."

Edit: What the hell is going on... did they remove an Equip button or something from the actions bar?

August 30, 2010 4:05:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't remember seeing a dodge bonus applied to shields before your fixes. Then again, I don't use shields too often so idk.

No idea what would cause your guys not to equip anything though. Did they somehow become normal units? Did all the items get broke?

August 30, 2010 4:10:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No, I'm just missing the bloody button on the action bar. Surely there was one before?

And my long texts for my sovereigns (generated by the game, TYVM) were pushing the "equip" action off the details page. Oh well, at least I can still click on the shield next to my health.

To be clear; I can equip things, but two out of three buttons are missing on my custom heroes.

August 30, 2010 4:51:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting p22,
Things to add:

Some units in game don't start with default Combat Speed of 2 (introduced when patching to 1.05). This is because those units had no combat speed tags at all, so game defaulted them to 1.

3 fallen sovereigns are affected, Sentinels from Warlord trait, as well as those pre-made fallen peasants. And not to forget heroes from mini-campaign, they also get CS of 1. There may be more.

The empire peasant thing was already fixed unintentionally, but I've added fixes for the 3 empire sovereigns in the next update.

August 30, 2010 5:54:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Uploaded 1.5

new things

HF106_unittype_EmpireSovereignsAndSentinel.xml - Three premade Empire sovereigns (and the "sentinel" bonus trait unit) didn't have the right combatspeed. Fixed.

HF106_improvements_EmpireQuarries.xml - Empire Stone, Clay and Marble Quarries cost nothing to build. Fixed to 40 gold each (from Kingdom). Also reduced Empire Marble Quarry to produce 4 materials each turn.

HF106_improvements_EmpireTrainingBuildings.xml - An Empire city with all 3 training buildings built could train any unit in 1 turn. Reduced Warrior Temple bonus to 25%. Also added construction costs to all buildings (to mimick Kingdom costs). Garrison now requires city level 2 (two training buildings at level 1 was not reasonable).

Also HF106_unitstat_ShieldDodge.xml is apparently not needed at all, but I've included the file with nothing but a comment to overwrite the old one for those upgrading the mod.

August 30, 2010 7:57:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stupid question:  Do I have to take the "HF106_" off the file names, or does the game pick them up as is?

August 30, 2010 8:02:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Use as is.

August 30, 2010 8:05:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome - thanks so much for the mod and the quick response.  Have some karma!

August 30, 2010 8:25:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DRavisher,
Hey Heavenfall, hope you don't take offense, but here's a few more parse errors in 1.4 

What program are you using to find these errors and where can I get it?

August 30, 2010 9:53:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

James,

I'm using XML Marker version 1.1. Freeware, checks for errors, does tables of the data. Win7Pro does have an issue with putting modified files in the virtualstore folder until I took control of the drive and shutoff UAC. Stupid windows.

August 30, 2010 10:13:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Been trying to use this (and a few other mods) and am having a hard time,  I downloaded it extracted the files and put them in

C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Elemental\Mods   There was no \Mods folder so I believe I was supposed to make it?  Anyway I think some mods have worked because it seems some champions are starting at 3.0 movement points (and not just the adventurers.  Some champions also have a "crushing blow" ability), but a fire spell mod is not working as I still have the original animation. 

1.  Have I put the xml files in the correct folder

2.  Is there a way to verify that the mods are installed.

Thx.

-Axis

August 30, 2010 10:42:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

appreciate the bug fixes, this is something I always liked about the 4x community. I used to use the civ 4 unofficial bug fixes too.

August 31, 2010 5:42:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Axis1354,
Been trying to use this (and a few other mods) and am having a hard time,  I downloaded it extracted the files and put them in

C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Elemental\Mods   There was no \Mods folder so I believe I was supposed to make it?  Anyway I think some mods have worked because it seems some champions are starting at 3.0 movement points (and not just the adventurers.  Some champions also have a "crushing blow" ability), but a fire spell mod is not working as I still have the original animation. 

1.  Have I put the xml files in the correct folder

2.  Is there a way to verify that the mods are installed.

Thx.

-Axis

Hey, nothing of what you described comes from this mod.

The easiest way to see if the mods are active is to start a new game with the sovereign Magnar III. Then check his "vitals" in the bottom left - if it says he has 1 combatspeed they're not active. If it says he has 2 combatspeed, they're active.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: