I really miss movement paths.

By on August 27, 2010 10:18:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Soulfire777

Join Date 03/2003
+4

Hi,

I know Stardock is great at actually LISTENING to feedback and requests, so here is one MINOR thing that would make ME enjoy the game much more:

I would like to see movement path trails with an option to confirm/cancel moves before the unit just goes there (ie show the path a unit will take to a chosen destination BEFORE the unit just starts moving).  It would also be nice if this path showed how far the unit would move each turn, because sometimes it's not easy to tell which squares will slow the units movement down until it's too late and you get stuck short of where you thought you should be.  Finally this feature would eliminate the problem when you think you are moving one piece but a different unit is active by mistake...when you right-click to move you accidentally send the wrong unit (sometimes you don't even know WHICH unit has moved incorrectly) moving to the other side of the map from where you really want it with no way to catch or cancel the error before it's too late.

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 27, 2010 10:25:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Option for it in the config file, its turned on, just not in the game yet I dont think

August 27, 2010 10:28:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Agreed, I made the same suggestion a while back when the game was still in beta.

August 27, 2010 10:28:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree, and if the target desitnation is more than 1 turn, show the number of turns in the path similiar to how Civ does it...

August 27, 2010 10:29:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll bring it back up on Monday. Thanks, gang.

August 27, 2010 10:31:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I too would like to see this, asap.

August 27, 2010 10:32:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

this is something i would like to see added in as well. both the movement paths and the number of turns before they would arrive.

August 27, 2010 10:35:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sweet, thanks Yarlen!

Paths and the number of turns to get to your destination would be a huge godsend...  if nothing else, it'll stop me from constantly dancing around some damned mountain range

September 3, 2010 11:57:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This feature seems not to make it into any of the notes about the upcoming patches, so I would like to bump it up to the top so hopefully it will be considered more seriously?

September 4, 2010 12:12:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

personally i would like to remove the caravan from doing the road building. there needs to be a separate unit to build roads. caravans should just be an income booster. currently, i build a caravan, send it to a nearby town. once it gets there, i destroy the caravan and build a new one and then send it to someplace else that doesn't yet have a road. then rinse and repeat til every town is connected to each other. its a lame and far too obvious part of the game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: