[REL] Altered Armor Mod v1.04

previously known as Breastplate and Thighguard Armour Mod v1.01, because Trenhcoats and Boots are rockin'

By on August 24, 2010 4:41:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

wraithstalke

Join Date 06/2010
+5

Updated to 1.04

1.04 Version http://depositfiles.com/files/veam6y2km

this version adds - 4 more torso armour, verga's gloves, yithril and verga's boots added as clothing, new icon for silver gloves. The armour pictured beneath has shoulder armour that should change to match your faction colour while the rest is color_metal. (The red sections are the part that is color_clothing1)

Banner Plate and Verga

1.03 Version http://depositfiles.com/files/g54v2j2o1

this version adds - 3 more custom armour sets

Duelist, Fine Steel, Murmillo

1.02a Version http://depositfiles.com/files/3vzvbp76w

this version adds - several custom armour sets, support for some CoreSpecialArmors

this version changes - all added armours should now be available for Sovereign Customisation, rather than being only available through research.

This is a simple mod that adds in additional armour using assets from vanilla Elemental. All credit goes to Stardock.

This mod only adds armour to the Amarian sets.

This adds in a number of Breastplates in addition to the current cuirasses. This is to allow the chestpiece to be worn with a trenchcoat.

Also included is a number of Thigh Guards, to allow the leg armours to be worn with various boots.

This should add an additional chestpiece/thigh guard for each armour in the game, and the thigh guards should work with all boots.

Also included is a .xml file with a set of boots and trenchcoats to wear over the chestpieces and boots to wear under the thigh guards, (male and female versions.)

The file is stored in .rar format, and are .xml files to be put in the //my games/elemental/items/ directory.

Surcoat and Gloves Noble's Coat, chest piece and leather gloves.

Gladiator Gladiator

RangerRanger

Rainbow Double Rainbow, (So intense)

Juggernauth Juggernaut

Great cloak and chest piece and thigh guards

I apologise for being a bit inept with the storage, but I didn't know where I should upload the files to.

Wraithstalke

Locked Post 27 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 26, 2010 2:32:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Man, I downloaded this mod and tested it out and it's awesome. For some reason I thought I'd already told you how awesome it was and also thought I saw this thread flourishing with "Awesome Mod!" posts but I suppose it was a dream (I'm DEAD serious). I also thought it was named something else and have been looking for it for a while to see if you'd done any more with it.

Anyways, I love your new armors. They look great and add some good variety. The thigh-guards are especially nice because they don't replace my lovely boots.

Great work here! You deserve the credit and I hope this gets more attention. I also look forward to seeing what else you do.

P.S. Don't get discouraged by a lack of feedback or low downloads. Just keep up the good work, keep updating, and, one day, this will be history in Elemental modding, lol.

August 26, 2010 2:40:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome work here man. I like this a lot, looks very cool

August 26, 2010 8:27:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey James009D I remember you wanted gloves as light armour, so I added them in the updated version.

August 26, 2010 8:29:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice work! You're well on your way to a Armor Overhaul Mod.

Thanks a lot for the gloves

P.S. Got it loaded and working. Great stuff!

Quick question: Can armors be re-colored or are they textured?

Also, have you seen the "Old Armors Mod"? I'd love to see what you could accomplish with all those.

August 27, 2010 6:26:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just a little question : Are the items already useable for designing units or do I have to put the <IsAvailableForUnitDesign>true</IsAvailableForUnitDesign> to each item? Didn't try it out yet, so this is just a question out of curiosity (am at work, can't try it out therefore).

August 27, 2010 7:14:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@James009D: They are easy to recolour, just use the command   <Color_Metal>0,255,0</Color_Metal> for metal, not sure about leathers. (The command appears to be put in the    <GameItemTypeModel> section of each rendered piece, I think.

@Barranoid: They should be ready to use, but please, tell me if I've fouled it up.

August 27, 2010 11:17:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent work Wraith!

Tried editing a few things based on your work and found that keeping the calfs part of the leggings and instead changing the boots to the kingdom female model looks a lot better, especially for the metal armours, without any noticable clipping.

Barranoid: They work just fine, drop into the mod folder and start a new game and you're all set.

August 27, 2010 1:35:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yep works just fine Great work!

August 27, 2010 2:23:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

GIGGITY! AN UPDATE. Looks amazing, gonna load it up now.

Also, thanks for that tip. Gonna play around with it.

August 27, 2010 5:39:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

thanks for this mod, Morgoth The Destructinator is a total badass in his noble's coat over breastplate

August 27, 2010 7:02:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Sabbathiel: Good call on the female boots, they are quiet skin tight and would fit under the calf armour well, I'll go and include some them in the next version.

August 29, 2010 11:30:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice work looks great

August 29, 2010 11:17:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Downloading now as well, but is this compatible with that Barranoid mod which puts some old armor back into the game that didn't make it come release? 

Also, if I read the description right, are these armors only available for the Amarian race?, just want to clarify if possible to see if it can be available for the other races too.

keep up the fantastic work.

August 30, 2010 1:18:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@mp8481: This adds armour to the sets described as "Amarian" inside the corearmor.xml file.

These armours are usable by all the races of men (the Kingdoms) and any empire that uses Wraith as it's people (the armour sets are only for the slimmer human shaped races but are available to both Kingdoms and Empires)

This should work with Barranoids mod, as they add in different items, with different internal names.

August 30, 2010 2:04:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting wraithstalke,
@mp8481: This adds armour to the sets described as "Amarian" inside the corearmor.xml file.

These armours are usable by all the races of men (the Kingdoms) and any empire that uses Wraith as it's people (the armour sets are only for the slimmer human shaped races but are available to both Kingdoms and Empires)

This should work with Barranoids mod, as they add in different items, with different internal names.

awesome, thanks looking forward to checking it out tomorrow. (beauty of having Elemental on the laptop too, hehe)

August 30, 2010 5:57:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@mp8481: In any case, if something looks strange it's probably wrong, so I'd appreciate it if you told me.

August 30, 2010 7:45:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This looks awesome.  Downloading now!

August 30, 2010 8:02:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

With the two armour mods, is anyone having a problem with early units having Bladespirit Greave on the male combat units?

Thanks. 

August 30, 2010 9:05:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

looks very nice! keep up the good work.

August 30, 2010 10:10:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Capn Darwin: What mod are the Bladespirit Greaves from?

August 31, 2010 7:52:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Unless I missed it, Most/All of your armors has no cost in the creation screen? Perhaps there should be a cost associated relative to armor protection...

August 31, 2010 11:45:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@John_Hughes: They're only available to custom sovereigns (in creation) at no cost. Allowing you to buy armour in creation, which is better than padded, probably unbalances the game somewhat, even if they had a cost associated with them (owing to the multiplicative effects of Dexterity).

Since all the armour is available at shops, after researching the relevant techs, you should probably start your game without taking any of them, and just buy them at the store in game.

They're available free at creation so people can see they work, but you could perhaps change yours to cost different customization points if you would like to. Just add

<CustomizationPointCost>X</CustomizationPointCost>

to each item, where X is the points cost you would like it to have.

September 1, 2010 7:00:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bladespirit stuff is in oldarmours. I found out why in the xml. Not sure who did the mod.

September 1, 2010 11:52:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting wraithstalke,
@John_Hughes: They're only available to custom sovereigns (in creation) at no cost. Allowing you to buy armour in creation, which is better than padded, probably unbalances the game somewhat, even if they had a cost associated with them (owing to the multiplicative effects of Dexterity).

Since all the armour is available at shops, after researching the relevant techs, you should probably start your game without taking any of them, and just buy them at the store in game.

They're available free at creation so people can see they work, but you could perhaps change yours to cost different customization points if you would like to. Just add

<CustomizationPointCost>X</CustomizationPointCost>

to each item, where X is the points cost you would like it to have.

Very good. I did not pursue the Shop angle. GJ btw.

September 4, 2010 5:42:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@John_Hughes: Thank you very much!

I'm kinda thinking this is all going to be irrelevant very quickly once they release the in game item maker, what takes like a couple of minutes editing xml and a little longer to find mistakes will probably take no more than a couple of dozen mouse clicks!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000781   Page Render Time: