"Your settlement x has been conquered by the creatures!"

By on August 23, 2010 11:35:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Mr_Moog

Join Date 06/2008

What creatures?

My first playthough, having previously only tinkered a little with the beta.

I build my settlement and explore a little...only to suddenly be informed that my settlement has been "conquered by the creatures"...upon which it is destroyed and (weirdly, given that it tells me at the start I can only found my settlement once) I can create a new settlement again.

I presume I need to stick closer to my settlement to start with...but are there no cues or indicators that it is being attacked? Does it get wiped out in a single "hit" unless I have some kind of standing army in my town?

Help for the n00b is required!

Cheers

(also, what creatures?)

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 23, 2010 11:39:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Unfortunately, yes, an undefended city just gets razed. There were suggestions floating around to take a percentage of population as "militia" defenders in a case where you don't have a military stationed in the city. But, at the moment, be sure to leave your city with protection or wandering aggressive monsters/bandits (not all are aggressive) can just waltz in and raze it.

August 23, 2010 11:41:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, you need to have defenders in your city. Usually an NPC will pop up noting how your city is ripe for the taking if you leave it empty from the start.

August 23, 2010 11:41:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Campaign or sandbox game?

- Ash

August 23, 2010 11:49:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

^^^^^

Sandbox!

Thanks guys - I will have to make sure I am more protective of my capital in the early game then!

August 23, 2010 11:56:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Mr_Moog,
Sandbox!

OK, then the advice already given about generally protecting your settlements is about the best we can give. In the scripted campaign, we could maybe have told you what enemies were around that might have been causing problems but, obviously, in a more random game type, that's not something we can do through the forum.

You can train a single peasant pretty quickly (3 turns, IIRC), so queue that up right away and just keep your Sovereign in a close radius until it's done and you should be a little safer.

- Ash

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000656   Page Render Time: