Preorder with no confirmation?

By on August 20, 2010 11:09:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Kessaja

Join Date 07/2006

Hey.

So I pre ordered the game. Or so I think as I never got a mail to confirm it nor was my credit card billed. Neither of those is a concern as while I pre ordered it said that I would not get a confirmation or see my credit card billed before the release.

So my question,

Is there a way I can tell if I my preorder went trough?

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 20, 2010 11:16:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Chances are that it has, but feel free to email sales@stardock.com to confirm. You can also hop on IRC (irc.stardock.com #stardock) and ask there. Support folks hang out in the channel and sometimes have some time for quick things like this for people, but email should still be your primary attempt

August 20, 2010 11:38:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You should have gotten an email with the Order # on it. Hopefully you printed that off or wrote it down. I pre-ordered and the game doesn't show up in Impulse yet, but I did get an order #.

August 20, 2010 11:47:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yup, that's the standard procedure. But some folks have been posting that they haven't been getting confirmation emails for preordering, and it sounds like that's the case with the OP as well.

August 20, 2010 2:18:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the replies.

As I do not have irc installed Ill throw them an email and see how it goes.

August 20, 2010 2:56:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

From the Stardock support page , you should be able to get a listing of all games, and ones on order maybe.

There is a place you can get them to Email you all your SN, my Elemental LE Upgrade shows there.

GL

Lee

August 20, 2010 3:16:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You do not have a receipt or email because you have not made the purchase yet.  By pre-ordering you have only scheduled the purchase.  Stardock will bill your card when you recieve the game.  It isn't available yet so they haven't billed you.  Beta testers were billed because we received a product (the beta).  The beta is over so, no product = no charges.

August 20, 2010 3:32:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I pre-order several weeks ago and didn't get an email confirmation either. I emailed stardock and they confirmed I was in their system. Just make sure you write down your confirmation number and you should be fine.

August 20, 2010 6:44:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I got a reply from a polite lady who said that my pre order was registered. So it was all fine.

Normally I would'nt reply just to say that, but Im just as bored as you while waiting for the game and thus I have time

August 22, 2010 3:42:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting klaxton499,
You do not have a receipt or email because you have not made the purchase yet.  By pre-ordering you have only scheduled the purchase.  Stardock will bill your card when you recieve the game.  It isn't available yet so they haven't billed you.  Beta testers were billed because we received a product (the beta).  The beta is over so, no product = no charges.

Every game that I have pre-ordered (expect this) has sent a confirmation email about the pre-order and all details. I am just hoping I am in the system, I did get a order number, but I cannot be 100% sure since there was no confirmation email.

August 22, 2010 3:50:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting danniel1975,

Every game that I have pre-ordered (expect this) has sent a confirmation email about the pre-order and all details. I am just hoping I am in the system, I did get a order number, but I cannot be 100% sure since there was no confirmation email.

Same thing here. I sent off a mail to the sales department to check. They have received my ticket, but I have not gotten an answer yet.

August 22, 2010 4:16:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Zehiir,

Quoting danniel1975, reply 9

Same thing here. I sent off a mail to the sales department to check. They have received my ticket, but I have not gotten an answer yet.

Hey, we are in the same boat I also sent a ticket to them, I just hope I will be getting a nice little surprise in a few hours

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time: