A few scenes from the campaign

By on August 14, 2010 5:33:24 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1117

I’ll put up more later when it’s not 5am.  Just playing around with it.

Starting it up…

Book 1 cut scene:

I have been sent on a mission by the Queen.

A battle with Darklings.

The Queen of the West.

Unlike the sandbox game, the Campaign has no tech tree and is a single continuous adventure where technologies, spells and such are gained through quests rather than buildings.

Thus, the campaign plays completely differently than the sand box mode.  It was also created, 100% with the included mod tools.

August 24th: 10 days away…

35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 14, 2010 5:37:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't wait for this game to come out. 10 days is so long..

August 14, 2010 5:45:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks really good, looking forward to 10 days time. Also to the book.

August 14, 2010 6:13:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

> "...the lone adventurer is forced to make the voyage home on foot."

Ouch.  This could have been better written, as a voyage directly implies a journey by water (as does the included image), and then... "on foot"?  It does not scan well.  I volunteer to help with the editing (although it may be too late now).

Nit picking aside, though, I am very excited to hear Elemental has gone Gold, and am greatly anticipating playing the Gold version soon!

August 14, 2010 6:29:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

seems cool

August 14, 2010 6:50:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Steve Dickson,
> "...the lone adventurer is forced to make the voyage home on foot."

Ouch.  This could have been better written, as a voyage directly implies a journey by water (as does the included image), and then... "on foot"?  It does not scan well.  I volunteer to help with the editing (although it may be too late now).

Nit picking aside, though, I am very excited to hear Elemental has gone Gold, and am greatly anticipating playing the Gold version soon!

To me it implies that the lone adventurer was travelling by ship, but because the ship is destroyed for whatever reason, he "is forced to make the voyage home on foot". I don't see the problem.

August 14, 2010 7:02:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,
I’ll put up more later when it’s not 5am.  Just playing around with it.
August 24th: 10 days away…

And I'll bet you're going to torture us and not give us access to the gold version...

You're an Evil, EVIL man, Brad

Awesome pics though

August 14, 2010 7:10:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

August 24th just can't come fast enough. Please keep posting pics, and perhaps a vid? (yeah I know I'm reachin here). Is it possible to attain all the techs/spells, or do you need to selectively do what you can with the time you've been allocated (i.e. You have 50 turns to go from X to Y and there are 4 quests you can do along the way).

August 14, 2010 7:11:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It looks very good, great that campaign is going to be different from sandbox mode. I hate building my empire again and again in campaign.

One thing, as always from me . I do not really like shadows, which are round and only under big trees and characters, what about ohter stuff, trees and building? It would be a nice touch

August 14, 2010 7:30:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is the story told through quests or cutscenes mainly?

August 14, 2010 7:53:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This looks so wonderful.  I've been waiting for something like this to come out for years.  It looks better than AoW: Shadow Magic.

I still sometimes play Master of Magic.  And it looks as if we may finally have the equivalent of a sequel.

August 14, 2010 9:25:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting paotel,
I can't wait for this game to come out. 10 days is so long..

Tell me about it. I'm desperately trying to distract my brain with other things...

August 14, 2010 10:58:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is great, thanks for the preview. Looks like, as expected, the campaign will have more character and flavor than what we saw in the Beta sandbox mode. Very exciting!

Also great that such cool content can be created with the included tools. I think we could see awesome things created for Elemental for years and years to come.

August 14, 2010 11:02:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow thats really neat that we are, in a way, playing thru a book now!!  Im really looking forward to this game and the book coming out.  Im also looking forward to messing with the editors and seeing what can be made and added.  I loved working on the XML for GC, though I had to learn it basically from scratch.  Still the results were worth it!  Thanks again for the hard work!

August 14, 2010 11:21:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks great! I wasn't to exited about the campaign for some reason, but this post alone has made me change my mind. I especially like the lack off research, as it just wouldn't feel right in a campaign.

August 14, 2010 11:53:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

10 days is way way to long... oh well least its not like waiting for Duke Nukem forever.

August 14, 2010 12:09:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Anyone know if we'll be able to play on the Elemental map/campaign map without playing the campaign?

As in...just starting up a random game and having at it?

August 14, 2010 12:53:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

10 days is way way to long... oh well least its not like waiting for Duke Nukem forever.

The pain of waiting 10 days is nothing compared to you picking at old wounds! Don't give up on the dream man! Bruce Campbell + Bruce Willis + Arnold Schwarzenegger = 100 levels of awesome.

Anyone know if we'll be able to play on the Elemental map/campaign map without playing the campaign?

As in...just starting up a random game and having at it?

The answer is certainly yes. As the campaign was created entirely by the mod tools within the game, thus that would also include the map. It's probably in one of the data folders somewhere

August 14, 2010 1:38:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome! thanks for the screenshots!  nice to see the updated UI and the map again.  

August 14, 2010 1:45:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow this game is expensive "Total: $54.84 (EUR)" :/ guess not buying it till either the S&H prices drop or the games price drops T_T ive read that this game is not released in Europe and I HATE digital copys I prefer a solid copy even if it means waiting another year or so for the prices to drop @.@ well i guess i will actually get this game once everyone knows everything bout the game and I so wanted the race creation T_T oh well ill stick to good ol' Warcraft 3 TFT lasted me 7 years can last me another 7 years im sure :/

August 14, 2010 2:27:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

> It was also created, 100% with the included mod tools.

Just wonderful and real impress me, because i planned earlier not only play in sandbox EWoM, but create my ideas of rpg game on this engine.

I be feared, that mod tools not be flexible enough

So it very sounds good!  

August 14, 2010 2:31:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

*drools*  between this game and Civ 5, it's like Christmas is coming early this year!  Woohoo!

August 14, 2010 2:51:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Goontrooper,
This is great, thanks for the preview. Looks like, as expected, the campaign will have more character and flavor than what we saw in the Beta sandbox mode. Very exciting!

Also great that such cool content can be created with the included tools. I think we could see awesome things created for Elemental for years and years to come.

I know i like the idea of earning and exploring to gain technology, but also this means that modders can make interesting ways of leveling or gaining perks.

This game can really do a great job making PnP gaming.

August 14, 2010 3:23:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow good stuff! Can't wait for the campaign!

August 14, 2010 5:12:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am looking forward to the game, primarily for sandbox mode and for the mods sure to come.  Campaign type games have seldom interested me.  The campaign here looks good, but not my cup of tea just yet.  Perhaps I'll change my mind and try it once I've played some sandbox mode games and get hooked on the theme. 

The most comforting thing to me is Brad's commitment to the game and his personal investment in seeing it grow and succeed.  Even if the initial release is somewhat flawed, I know it will be fixed and quickly.  The stated commitment to a good AI is also very reassuring, even if it takes a while to implement.

This and Civ V are what are making the year worthwhile, TBS game-wise.  I see nothing else coming down the line that equates to them, so they're going to have to last me for a long while (unless, of course, this very fickle industry "re-discovers" TBS games.)  The fact that both games are being built to be very mod-friendly ensures they will be around and interesting for many moons.

August 14, 2010 5:36:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks awesome. I can't wait for 10 days!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001828   Page Render Time: