Yellow/Brownish looks like Baby Poop!!!

Really? Yellow/Brown?

By on August 3, 2010 1:17:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

RavenX

Join Date 10/2008
+194

Is it possible to get another color change to something that doesn't look like the consistency of baby poo? Even a Flat Gray color would be better IMO. I'm not saying it has to or should go back to black (even though I thought that was cooler) but this brownish yellow looks disgusting, seriously.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 3, 2010 1:19:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And before anyone complains that we have a thread about this already, No, we don't have a Thread that Specifically complains about the Yellow/Brownish color. Seeing as how the color was changed I think it deserves a New Thread to contemplate a New Color Change.

August 3, 2010 1:26:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Personally, I like it better than the previous iteration. At least its possible to read the text.

I'd still say there should be colorscheme option, so that everyone, RavenX included can be happy. As I said elsewhere, its not that difficult in theory at least to implement.

August 3, 2010 1:31:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I guess it pays to be color blind sometimes. Every scheme tried and complained about has been fine for me .

August 3, 2010 1:43:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Razgon,
I'd still say there should be colorscheme option, so that everyone, RavenX included can be happy. As I said elsewhere, its not that difficult in theory at least to implement.

I'd agree that would be the best option. It's probably something we'll have to give them time to work on though.

August 3, 2010 1:57:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not everything is 

August 3, 2010 2:12:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wintersong,
Not everything is 

LoL That looks Awesome, Winter

August 3, 2010 2:15:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I will not be implementing a color scheme switcher of any kind in the near future due to time constraints.  However, if you have any suggestions for the current Elemental color scheme that you'd like to see changed let me know and I'll take a look.  The fact that it's "baby poo"-colored doesn't make it any less usable

Bara

August 3, 2010 2:22:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GunslingerBara,
I will not be implementing a color scheme switcher of any kind in the near future due to time constraints.  However, if you have any suggestions for the current Elemental color scheme that you'd like to see changed let me know and I'll take a look.  The fact that it's "baby poo"-colored doesn't make it any less usable

Bara

Less usable, I agree, that's true from a technical standpoint. That's also from a opinion on a color standpoint. I thought black with white text was the best way to go and I loved the change before now. I don't like this baby poo looking color, which is also my opinion. I thought it looked much better before. The baby poo color has a purely mental effect. It reminds me of baby poo and makes me just not want to see it, which is just as much a valid reason as it hurting someone's eyes. It didn't hurt my eyes at all, actually it was just as easy to read as this and I have 20/20 vision. Hurting my brain is just as bad as hurting someone else's eyes

August 3, 2010 2:52:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

On another side of the coin I think the colors look extremely nice with the overall theme of the site. Quite easy to read. Excellent job.

August 4, 2010 12:14:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Less usable, I agree, that's true from a technical standpoint. That's also from a opinion on a color standpoint. I thought black with white text was the best way to go and I loved the change before now. I don't like this baby poo looking color, which is also my opinion. I thought it looked much better before.

Fotunately [unfortunately for you] there are getting on for 4.2 million Stardock members each with a 'preferred' colour choice to suit their tastes, however disparate.

I [still] don't like the colour scheme of Wincustomize.com ....and my UserID number is a 'wee bit' lower than yours...which means I've made do with whatever Stardock has decided as suitable for about a decade longer, and I'm a site Administrator.

I think one thread about disliking the chosen colour scheme is MORE than enough, really.

Whenever I pop over to the Gaming sites [or Joe User] I see it as a welcome change....and quite decent, too...

August 4, 2010 1:34:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Less usable, I agree, that's true from a technical standpoint. That's also from a opinion on a color standpoint. I thought black with white text was the best way to go and I loved the change before now. I don't like this baby poo looking color, which is also my opinion. I thought it looked much better before.

Fotunately [unfortunately for you] there are getting on for 4.2 million Stardock members each with a 'preferred' colour choice to suit their tastes, however disparate.

I [still] don't like the colour scheme of Wincustomize.com ....and my UserID number is a 'wee bit' lower than yours...which means I've made do with whatever Stardock has decided as suitable for about a decade longer, and I'm a site Administrator.

I think one thread about disliking the chosen colour scheme is MORE than enough, really.

Whenever I pop over to the Gaming sites [or Joe User] I see it as a welcome change....and quite decent, too...

Well, I figure if people can complain about eye strain and get it changed I can complain about Brain Stain and get it changed. Besides...it looks disgusting.

August 4, 2010 1:54:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I can complain about Brain Stain and get it changed. Besides...it looks disgusting.

Lobotomy, perchance? ....

August 4, 2010 4:03:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am partially color blind and I find the new color scheme very hard to read. Is there a way to switch back to the old color scheme?

August 4, 2010 4:07:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Lobotomy, perchance? ....

August 4, 2010 4:21:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting larienna,
I am partially color blind and I find the new color scheme very hard to read. Is there a way to switch back to the old color scheme?

Check reply #80 in this thread for a Firefox plugin that should let you fiddle with the scheme a bit. I haven't used it personally, but a few people in that thread have (and there's a screenshot posted)

http://forums.elementalgame.com/390048/page/4

August 4, 2010 4:36:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Personally I don't find anything wrong with the colors being used on that forum, they look fine to me, very easy to read, even without my glasses.  You notice I said "Personally", so that is my opinion.  Running 3 websites myself I can understand where Stardock is coming from, as it is not possible to cater to the whims of every user.  So grin and bear it folks, at least you have a web site to go to about your game.

August 4, 2010 4:40:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

Quoting larienna, reply 13I am partially color blind and I find the new color scheme very hard to read. Is there a way to switch back to the old color scheme?

Check reply #80 in this thread for a Firefox plugin that should let you fiddle with the scheme a bit. I haven't used it personally, but a few people in that thread have (and there's a screenshot posted)

http://forums.elementalgame.com/390048/page/4

Here's a direct link.

If you're a firefox user, this is probably the best solution. You can set it to be whatever colors work for you.

August 9, 2010 8:30:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I tried it, but it works bad on this site. All the buttons at the top of the forum get's hidden by the background color. There is also no way to customize a color. So I get stuck with the color palette proposed by the software.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time: