Share Your Creations!

By on August 1, 2010 12:29:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Othello

Join Date 02/2008
+8

Share what you've made with the mod tools here. Whatever you're proud of, want help with, just want to get out there.

- Othello

P.S. if a moderator would move this to the "mod" section of "general" whichever. I'm not sure why it went into the "ideas" section...certainly not my fault

Locked Post 59 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 1, 2010 12:30:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had some blood spewing effects coming out of the eyes, saving it as "Blood Dragon Scull." But I couldn't remove the "E" and it was very annoying. So for the time being, imagine blood spewing out of the eyes.

I imagined the scull of a dragon protruding from the ground and some people build a shrine in its mouth to "harness the power of the dragon scull." They also built a winding stone pathway because a straight one would look too boring... Mushrooms grow from the dark power of the dragon scull. So those must be evil mushrooms not meant for consumption.

It's my first attempt. Learning how to use the tools, coming up with the idea, fiddling around with blood effects, trying and failing to put it in the map creator, just under an hour. Lots of fun.

- Othello

August 2, 2010 12:40:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's really good considering how tricky it is to place things in relation to each other!

I tried to make some sort of garrison/fort that was a nightmare of towers, fiddly walls, gates and floating roofs...

I will wait for further evolutions of the mod system before trying that again.

August 2, 2010 12:50:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

nice work..

August 2, 2010 1:37:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very nice

The only question which is being raised by myself is how will such a version utilizing many different materials have an impact on FPS compared to a newly made tile based only on one mesh behave? I currently only fear if we have a lot of such tiles onscreen the FPS will drop. 

August 2, 2010 9:43:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here's my third attempt at making a tile.

I call it "Tomb of the Ghost Slayer"

I really liked the "escape effects" ghostly appearance and had a a wooden structure over the top, but you couldn't see the cave! It had to go.

I tried going for something like: one culture wanted to tomb this guy in, another revered him so much they made a shrine out of his tomb. The ghostly corpse still emits power enough to enshroud the surrounding area with "fog."

The effects really slowed down my meager computer, but once again, and unlike my second attempt, it was a blast to make.

- Othello

August 5, 2010 2:46:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I tried to keep this one simple, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I went for something I had personal experience of, a farm/barn. Although I've never had an personal experience of a jousting arena I thought I'd wing it, it's on the right. No dragon sculls, no ghostly fogs, a plain old barn I might pass going down IL Route 72.

I'd love to, and I'm sure others would too, see what other's are making. It real easy to post:

1. Make a tile

2. Angle your shot

3. Press "print screen"

4. Paste it on "paint"

5. Upload it to imageshack or the like

6. Post on elementalgame.com

- Othello

August 5, 2010 6:32:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quick and rough Westeros map

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5838104/Westeros.xml

August 5, 2010 2:56:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

cant you just share them through impulse reactor (as well)?

August 6, 2010 6:34:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Othello, I must say that I love the barn-thing. I may yoink that in the future.

Quoting Twohawks,
cant you just share them through impulse reactor (as well)?
Yes, you can, but it's not really the same thing, 'innit?

August 6, 2010 6:49:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting strawbdragon,
Quick and rough Westeros map

Isnt that England/Scotland?

August 6, 2010 3:22:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks Luckmann. The ladders and broken wagon are what does it for me.

- Othello

August 6, 2010 8:48:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very nice strawbdragon!

Here's an attempt at a mansion. In particular I'm proud the bushes encircling the mansion and the flowered pillars leading to the door.

I'm thinking overall the wings of the mansion are too broad, but besides shrinking the whole thing, I cant just lengthen.

I was playing around with peopling the environment, but that will have to wait till next time. Maybe a giant ogre camp or something.

- Othello

August 6, 2010 9:05:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The bush on the foremost right-hand pillar is misaligned.

Other than that, I think it looks absolutely awesome. Considering my own suckyness in using the Tile Editor, I can only say that I'm envious. I'd put some people in there, though. Maybe just one or two talking outside the house, or in the backyard.

August 6, 2010 9:15:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oops, I was moving it around and forgot to put it back oh well, it's still new to me and I'm sure it will be when it's old.

This is my first experience with 3d computer creation since a level I made for quake 2? 10 years ago. Keep with it. It's just a matter of getting used to the editor and the pieces available.

- Othello

August 7, 2010 2:40:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Eh, the Tiles I was making were too environmental, so I realized I needed border tiles lest they look too static, which means they would be impossible to look good on a random generation.

So I'll get back to it at release I think ... but for now I will play Nocturne and continue to think of ideas for an SMT mod

August 7, 2010 3:19:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I did a couple of forts, which if I ever mod I'd like to add this as a buildable tile by pioneers outside cities.

First the small fort:

Now for the Big Fort:

These aren't all that special and I'm really undecided as what to place around the middle, since horses and stuff should go through there but there aren't roads that I could find. Theres other stuff I'd like to add like an anvil and a worker on it.

The poles have flags but for some weird reason I got to zoom in real close to see them, same thing happens with the people/creatures/animals I place (This is probably a bug ?). I changed the zoom distance option and it didn't make any difference either.

August 7, 2010 3:58:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for posting your fort. I think they look great. Does anything need to go in the middle? Maybe some troops or a campfire.

I'll wonder if I should care or not about proportion when making a tile, in the end, if I like it, it goes in. But I can see the annoyance of shrinking flags.

- Othello

August 7, 2010 6:10:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

These are some awesome looking creations guys - keep it up!

August 8, 2010 2:13:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here's my attempt of a dragon trainer. The penned in dragons are too attached to the trainer at this time to fly away .

I dunno, maybe it's just my settings, but about half way zoomed out the dragons disappear. Not a terrible downer but, a little disappointing.

I find it really great to take a building either without windows and put ones of your own choice in there or cover up the existing ones. The original windows, if there are great don't get me wrong, but if you can personalize it as much as possible even better.

I wish I knew how to put these on a map!

- Othello

August 9, 2010 5:00:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here is a 2 Story Hotel I generated as a first pass test.

To place them on a Map, place/move the saved files to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Elemental\data\English\Core Stamps dir.

August 9, 2010 7:17:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've been messing around with the tile editor, and can't seem to figure out how to get the effects to work. Is this just me? It's really annoying having to load a map that I placed the tile onto to see the effect. I must be missing something...

August 9, 2010 10:59:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I see several individuals posting screenshots, but they're not providing any location where we can collect them.  The title reads for sharing your creations... not bragging about your creations.

August 9, 2010 11:35:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

NTJedi, the system to share mods aren't in place yet. Last I heard, we can only share maps.

Of course, it is still technically possible to share the creations manually, but without the game having gone live yet, there's actually little point.

August 10, 2010 2:21:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I made a Sanatarium. Not sure what to use it for, but it was fun to make.

August 10, 2010 2:43:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NTJedi,
I see several individuals posting screenshots, but they're not providing any location where we can collect them.  The title reads for sharing your creations... not bragging about your creations.

Jedi, the intention of this thread is to see what people are creating. We can learn from each other to everyone's benefit. Please share if you have any, I'm interested in see what everyone is doing with the editor.

John, I really like the "viewing room" on the left. I might use that idea sometime

dsk, you really pulled together a full scene. The guy sitting on the house is pretty funny. I'm still learning how to properly apply people and you seemed to have nailed it.

- Othello

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time: