I hate my job...

By on July 29, 2010 3:09:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

StAtiC--9

Join Date 08/2009

So... yesterday I finally decide I'm going to get my pre-order in and get in on some of this luscious Elemental Beta action. Problem is, I need to transfer funds from my savings account to my debit card. I work until after my bank closes. Oh well, no big deal. I'll just do it this morning, right? Oh, wait, I forgot. I have to go BACK TO WORK at 8 am to do some training. O.K. still, not a big deal. I'll just put my order in at noon when I'm done. I wake up this morning and check the elemental site over coffee to see a post stating that there will be no more new users to the beta after some time today. F**k. Check my clock... training in 15 min. Long story now made short: pre-order made today at noon, come home and find I'm too late. I hate my job...

Locked Post 82 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 29, 2010 4:40:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you hate your job because it interferes with your computer gaming needs, you need to rethink your life goals over quite a bit.  Also, most banks allow you to transfer funds online, might want to look into that also.  

July 29, 2010 4:43:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you hate your job because it interferes with your computer gaming needs, you need to rethink your life goals over quite a bit.

If you spend your time on the internet trying to tell other people what their goals in life should be, you need to rethink your own.

July 29, 2010 4:55:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OP, I feel for you. I used to work this crazy job with crazy hours that sometimes didn't let me do "basic" stuff such as visiting the bank for days at a time. I got away from that, but now I don't have a debit card that I can use to order the collector's edition. Bah. Wish I could share my beta with you. I can't even get mine to work properly.

Quoting LightStar,
If you hate your job because it interferes with your computer gaming needs, you need to rethink your life goals over quite a bit.  Also, most banks allow you to transfer funds online, might want to look into that also.
First, millions of people likely hate their jobs because it interferes with something they'd rather be doing, whether it be practicing the violin, playing football, spending time with the loved ones, or any other activity that can be considered a hobby. Should all of them rethink their life goals?

Because work breeds happiness, right? (It should and does, by the way, but that's not the point)

Also, most people on this god's green earth doesn't live in the US. Most people don't have access to stable, let alone secure, internet access. Even more of them are not eligible due to a variety of factors - age being one.

So suck it.

July 29, 2010 5:02:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

wow. think maybe the previous posts show a divide between generations? indeed, they do. btw, i side with lightstar. making a living is more important than a game.

July 29, 2010 5:22:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

making a living is more important than a game.

Yes, because obviously since the OP actually went to work and didn't do anything crazy to try and get the game, and is just venting that he missed the beta that means games are more important to him than work.

Well, hey, if by that divide between generations you mean we're capable of reading and you aren't, I guess I'll take that as a compliment, but I'm not sure why you'd insult yourself.

July 29, 2010 5:29:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Trust me, no matter how much you hate your job; you'd definitely hate looking for a job in this economic climate even more. I think I've made over 9000 cover letters, but I digress.

July 29, 2010 5:38:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

you'd definitely hate looking for a job in this economic climate even more

"Just the thought of having to go to the state unemployment office and stand in line with those SCUMBAGS..." - Tom Smykowski

Now, before anyone get's the panties in a wad, I don't think all the folks out of jobs right now are scumbags...it's just a funny quote from a funny movie that I always think of whenever I hear people complaining that they hate their job.  I always say, it could be worse.

July 29, 2010 6:02:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I always say, it could be worse.

Words of WIZdom: Nothing is so good that it can't get better and nothing is so bad that it won't get worse.

I work until after my bank closes
One possible solution......get a job at your bank.

July 29, 2010 6:30:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

wow, annatar. are you a complete imbecile? i read the op and completely understood what he did and didn't do. all i said was making a living to support a family, if he has one, is far more important than playing a game. should i draw a picture to illustrate?

oh, and to further illustrate that divide, we never would've spoken to our seniors in the fashion you did. we actually spoke to people face-to-face.

July 29, 2010 8:29:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow. This was meant to be a somewhat humorous, sarcastic post. I actually enjoy my job quite a bit, and it certainly comes before video games. I guess I didn't expect to get serious posts back suggesting that I re-evaluate my life! On the bright side, it is nice to post on a forum where you get thoughtful replies from people that are at least trying to be helpful. Rest assured everyone, I am most definitely dedicated to my family and I's well being far more than I am dedicated to my hobbies. I hope they design that sarcasm button for internet forums soon...

July 29, 2010 9:58:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Trolls in the room, Trolls in the room!!! RUN

July 30, 2010 1:45:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I hope they design that sarcasm button for internet forums soon...

Odd......It's right next to the "Any" key on my keyboard.

July 30, 2010 9:20:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting LightStar,
If you hate your job because it interferes with your computer gaming needs, you need to rethink your life goals over quite a bit.

Exactly. If a job is getting in the way of your gaming then Obviously the JOB NEEDS TO GO!!!!

P.S. don't listen to LightStar's negative sarcasm, his priorities are all screwed up. Gaming IS LIFE.

@ LightStar:

In all seriousness, for some people (like me), Gaming Really Is Life. Next to my Wife and My family, gaming IS the next most important thing in my life. Being disabled and stuck sitting in front of this screen in this fucking chair 24/7...if it wasn't for my computer and console games to keep me entertained I would have went insane and went on a killing rampage a long long time ago...

July 30, 2010 9:28:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

One possible solution......get a job at your bank.

Better possible solution (for single guys)....start screwing a Hot bank teller . If you ever stop and take a look at the tellers in your bank, if it's anything like mine, they pretty much ONLY hire smokin hot chicks to work there. I've always wondered why that is exactly, but it's really rare to find a ugly bank teller.

The same thing is true of a lot of Grocery stores as well. Look at Publics. I've never seen an ugly chick working at Publix, at least not as a cashier. It's like they have a strict "Hot Chick" hiring policy. I'm honestly surprised a bunch of ugly chicks haven't gotten together and sued some of these places that won't hire them based solely on their looks, like Hooters and Publix and most banks I've ever been to.

July 30, 2010 9:28:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

are you a complete imbecile? i read the op and completely understood what he did and didn't do. all i said was making a living to support a family, if he has one, is far more important than playing a game. should i draw a picture to illustrate?

No, but apparently you are. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the insinuation from your and LightStar's post that because the OP wrote it he somehow must really "hate his job" because it interferes with his gaming, and must therefore really rethink his life because a job is obviously more important. Please.

oh, and to further illustrate that divide, we never would've spoken to our seniors in the fashion you did.

Being a senior doesn't get you any respect. Not being an ass does. Judging by your reply concerning the OP, you are incapable of that. Welcome to the internet, where who you are in "the real world" makes no difference, it's all about what you say. Jump on people and try to tell them how to lead their lives, you'll get exactly what you deserve no matter your age.

July 30, 2010 9:32:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

are you a complete imbecile? i read the op and completely understood what he did and didn't do. all i said was making a living to support a family, if he has one, is far more important than playing a game. should i draw a picture to illustrate?

No, but apparently you are. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the insinuation from your and LightStar's post that because the OP wrote it he somehow must really "hate his job" because it interferes with his gaming, and must therefore really rethink his life because a job is obviously more important. Please.

oh, and to further illustrate that divide, we never would've spoken to our seniors in the fashion you did.

Being a senior doesn't get you any respect. Not being an ass does. Judging by your reply concerning the OP, you are incapable of that. Welcome to the internet, where who you are in "the real world" makes no difference, it's all about what you say. Jump on people and try to tell them how to lead their lives, you'll get exactly what you deserve no matter your age.

I'm gonna have to defend Annatar on this one. (aside from you guys calling each other imbecile, not cool guys). The OP's post was a justified small rant about not being able to get his banking done. It's happened to me lots of times. Also as Annatar says, even though I was raised to respect my elders, if someone makes an ass comment it doesn't matter to me what age they are. People deserve to be treated the way they treat others. They don't deserve to be treated better or worse because of their age, or sex, or religion, or sexual preference.

July 30, 2010 9:39:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

(aside from you guys calling each other imbecile, not cool guys).

I know It's early in the morning, I haven't mellowed out at work yet. Apologies to MadDeez.

July 30, 2010 9:41:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hmmm i don't really care for other people, i hate my life when i have to think of the real world, "treat people the way you expect to be treated" we ignore that. we only care for things before we have it and only after we have lost it while we have it we don't care.

July 30, 2010 9:55:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

(aside from you guys calling each other imbecile, not cool guys).

I know It's early in the morning, I haven't mellowed out at work yet. Apologies to MadDeez.

I don't care what people say, you're an alright dude in my book Annatar  (even though we tend to disagree a lot lol)

July 30, 2010 9:57:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
I always say, it could be worse.

Words of WIZdom: Nothing is so good that it can't get better and nothing is so bad that it won't get worse.

I work until after my bank closes One possible solution......get a job at your bank.

Word! 

StAtiC--9 :

You hate your job? How about this one?

Hope your weekend is better!

July 30, 2010 10:03:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

July 30, 2010 2:22:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting LightStar,

this isn't about work vs gaming ... its about an inconvenience due to scheduling.

Complaining about his work habits is inappropriate/ not prudent at this juncture imho.

// Of course "I hate my job" is probably not the proper title either, more like "fml" or "Crappiest Day of the Month"

@ Luckmann ... most people don't have access to a stable and/or secure JOB (at least a safe one) ... and for those people, they won't *usually* care about games until their own life is stable

For people with a stable LIFE (whether they have a job or mooch) probably have other priorities because they can AFFORD to have those priorities. I don't have a problem with that ... but it best be noted that its always a Money/Survival issue first.

@ Tormy, amazing video

July 30, 2010 2:33:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

If you spend your time on the internet trying to tell other people what their goals in life should be, you need to rethink your own.

+1,

"In a survey of 5,000 U.S. households, more than half of all respondents said they dislike their current jobs, compared to less than 40 percent in a similar survey conducted 20 years ago."

"Only 39 percent of respondents aged 25 and younger said they liked their current jobs -- the lowest level in the survey's 20-year history -- compared to 45 percent for workers between 45 and 54."

http://www.inc.com/news/articles/200703/work.html

Give the guy a break, he wanted the beta, real life intruded but he took it on the chin and stuck to real life obligations.  It might be a problem if he skipped work, lost his job, etc for a beta.

Tough Break Static9. Hang in there!

July 30, 2010 2:42:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Here is the bright side. I worked for 50 years and today 7/30/10 was my last day as I am now retired. Now I have everyday ahead of me and am still working on what the hell I'm going to do with all this time. One thing I know I can do is keep my eye on Doc and Wiz as they really need someone to keep them straight.

July 30, 2010 2:45:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I concur, as a proctologist I really hate my job.  Sometimes I just really feel like an ass.  I mean all my friends make me the butt of their jokes.  Sometimes when I have had a hard day at work, I just feel depressed because I feel that in my career I will be stuck in the bottom. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time: