Can't reply on the forums with an iPad (thinks no text is entered)

By on July 26, 2010 8:28:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

B G P Hughes

Join Date 10/2003
+4

Did a search for this but didn't find anything, so wondered if this was unique or if no one has reported it:

When you reply to a post on these forums using your iPad, when you click on the submit button, you get the error message that you can't post empty replies - even though you have a full reply typed out. I've tried copy & paste to a new reply, and retyping, but this happens every time. Net, I can read the forums on my iPad, but I can't post anything.

I haven't tried creating a post - presume it's the same, but switched to a PC to  post this one.

Locked Post 40 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 27, 2010 6:14:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Apple does it again, I wonder if they helped come up with the BETA video standard also! Nothing like limiting your customer base to expand sales of a purely consumer oriented product!

July 27, 2010 10:05:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

As Daiwa put it "this isn't about fanboy/hater".

Some of us have determined that (for our uses) the iPad can play a more significant role than "just a useless media consumption device" (as the haters like to call it) and that's that.  It doesn't matter if you agree......we don't care.......why?  Because it's working for us.  Do we want the whole world to get one?  NO!  Take your hate-posts elsewhere....this thread was to simply INFORM the forum DEVS that such an issue exists......nothing more.

good day!

the Monk

July 27, 2010 10:43:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

....this thread was to simply INFORM the forum DEVS that such an issue exists......nothing more.

Not sure how many more do...but both Frogboy and Island Dog have iPads.... so I would expect Stardock already knows....

July 27, 2010 10:57:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not to make this personal  Monk, but I did have one, got rid of it quick, and actually made money on the deal, I am glad it works for you enjoy!

July 27, 2010 11:22:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

jeffalford,

my reply wasn't addressed to you (eventhough since your post was the first on the second page it may have seemed that way )

Jafo,

I know....believe me I know.....we've been through a few other "iPad threads"......just didn't want this one to go down the same road.......although it seems it may already be there......

July 28, 2010 1:28:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

just didn't want this one to go down the same road.......although it seems it may already be there

some times speaking one point leads to another .. me I just ignore the post that are to hater-ish or fanboi-ish .. then i can enjoy the conversations..

July 28, 2010 2:31:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

we've been through a few other "iPad threads"......just didn't want this one to go down the same road.......although it seems it may already be there......

That's the "thing" about threads....they're long, stringy and tenuous.

As long as the OP's point gets across/to to whom-ever is the target it's no 'real' drama if it all subsequently heads off on a different tack.

The only Forum section where the subject needs to be adhered-to is in "support", where we will actively make sure things stay on course [by removing the dross]...

July 28, 2010 3:45:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Did you guys see the 3rd episode of the latest season of Futurama? They spent a Whole Episode making fun of the iPhone and Apple....RofL. Man it was funny as hell. People seem to be downing the newest season as not being as funny as the first 5 seasons, which I don't know why because the new ones seem to be just as classic as the other seasons if you ask me. More so because they're making fun of things that are actually relevant Today. Great stuff.

July 31, 2010 9:28:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Interestingly enough , You can post on Wincustomise with an iPad , I just did ....

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/7190/

i just used the HTML EDITOR in the reply box ... ..

~  Unfortuneately  options for your replies in the quick reply box do not show up in the forum pages like this one ...

Not a big issue for me ..

Quoting Jafo,

....this thread was to simply INFORM the forum DEVS that such an issue exists......nothing more.

Not sure how many more do...but both Frogboy and Island Dog have iPads.... so I would expect Stardock already knows....

Hey Jafo ...   Maybe we should start an -  " I have an iPad Because  .... " Type thread ....  

July 31, 2010 10:07:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey Jafo ... Maybe we should start an - " I have an iPad Because .... " Type thread ....

Considering what the name is likened to....that'd probably be a bad idea....

July 31, 2010 10:07:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Interestingly enough , You can post on Wincustomise with an iPad , I just did ....

Except you have broken the page formatting...

July 31, 2010 12:26:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

British Army : 

" ~ the best bit of hardware on the market."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10813964

July 31, 2010 12:32:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

August 1, 2010 7:47:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd really like to be able to post from my iPod touch, as well.

September 21, 2010 9:07:51 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
Guess what - it works now. Did this reply on my iPad. Kewl.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: