The Fate of a Conquered City

when its not taken over by a major faction

By on July 21, 2010 6:53:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tasunke

Join Date 10/2009
+45

Well, its quite normal that your city got destroyed without any warning because there is currently NO WARNING for when your city is about to come under attack.

Instead ... if you have units, a Tac Battle will randomly pop up ... and if u don't ur city will randomly be conquered/ destroyed.

What happens to your Conquered City

Personally I feel that If your city is taken over by Undead/ certain demons ... your city turns into a Necropolis

and if your city is taken over by Monsters/ certain demons ... your city turns into a Ruins/ Monster Haven.

And if your city is invaded by a simple animal (wolf, warg) ... then you might lose a building, and you lose at least 5 population (and your city is only destroyed if it has less than 5 population and no buildings).

If its taken over by Bandits/Thieves/ Rebels ... then it turns into an Independent City/ Minor Civ

Locked Post 7 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Twohawks
July 21, 2010 7:31:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Solid ideas that allow for interesting depth to game play for the npc factions..

July 21, 2010 7:36:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not sure necissarily the first suggestions, but definately agree about wild animals entering a city wreaking havoc yet not destroying the city.

July 21, 2010 10:47:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i think that based on the city level you should have a sort of militia unit if there are no defenders.  it seems to me that if a wolf attacked your town of 2000 somebody would try to step up and take it out. a unit should be created with 10 percent of your cities max population for that level.  so a city of 2000 should have 1 unit of 200 or maybe 5 units of 20. something like that. also if the militia unit is defeated that amount of people is removed from the city. if they are attacked and win but still incur loses that should also be represented.

also based on a creatures intelligence the city should be razed.  if an animal attacks its not going to start tearing down buildings. its just gonna kill some people.

1 int = kill a certain amount of population.

2-5 int = take out a random tile.

6-10 int = target something specific

you get the point.

July 21, 2010 10:51:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How about your peasants and population take up arms with +1 strength per person and in huge groups to try to survive. It seems silly there is no fight for survival from the civilians, or there are no refugees spawned from a conquered city which can relocate and start a new city.

July 21, 2010 10:53:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TheBirthdayParty,
Not sure necissarily the first suggestions, but definately agree about wild animals entering a city wreaking havoc yet not destroying the city.

I agree. Wild animals like wolves may kill your peasants while giants could smash buildings down. I don't see how wolves can destroy my outpost????? Nonsense

July 21, 2010 10:56:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good ideas here.  I'd like to see some of them implemented if possible. 

Best regards,
Steven. 

July 21, 2010 11:26:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Alpha Centauri did something similar for mindworms - they ate population instead of taking "control" of the base.  It's a solid idea and definitely deserves a good looking at.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: