[Suggestion]to much beard, not enough cleavage

By on July 12, 2010 9:13:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

TheBirthday...

Join Date 03/2006
+18

Every game it seems there are very very few hireable female heroes. So if I'm playing a male sovereign I can go for a very very long time without marrying. ie-no children to mold in my little league father image. So add more female heroes/increase their random generation possibility?

Locked Post 31 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 13, 2010 2:15:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

or maybe add really fat guys, too much beard and cleavage!

You should be able to request a marriage from your enemy, without actually having to find someone of the opposite gender, for diplomatic reason, or marry someone from inside your city walls.

- Othello

July 13, 2010 4:30:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There should be chain mail bikinis!

Now, seriously, the whole marriage aspect has to be heavily tweaked..

July 13, 2010 5:26:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is there something in the XML that effects spawn rate of male/female champions (and civilians)?

A Races of Women mod would have to tweak many dozens of entries, if not.

July 13, 2010 5:40:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Possible solution: Make Janus go both ways? And somehow that includes being able to have children with either gender. Well, it's a fictional world!

July 13, 2010 5:45:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Rincewind57,
Well, it's a fictional world!
Surely the characters disagree with you!!!

There should be a Janusa for Male Sovs?

July 13, 2010 7:03:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Janice.

July 15, 2010 10:50:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well its a magical world.. what about a change gender spell ?

July 15, 2010 10:52:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StGwayne,

I think you mean sex, but yeah that'd be interesting.

July 15, 2010 11:12:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

July 25, 2010 11:12:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm hoping that we'll be able to create, download, and randomly generate new heroes in the future versions. There certainly is a need for more sexual variety.

I ain't casting no "change sex" spells, LOL. That'd make me question too many things in the world... mainly, everyone else.

July 25, 2010 11:18:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Folcik009,
There certainly is a need for more sexual variety.

...sorry ...it just sounds funny to me.

July 25, 2010 11:52:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hehe, I wasn't trying to be politically correct... because life is much more amusing when you do that

July 26, 2010 2:16:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Folcik009,
hehe, I wasn't trying to be politically correct... because life is much more amusing when you do that

No worries here. I just like to take things the worst way possible.

July 26, 2010 8:08:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TheBirthdayParty,

Quoting StGwayne, reply 7Well its a magical world.. what about a change gender spell ?

I think you mean sex, but yeah that'd be interesting.

if gender and sex aren't the same thing .... then damn, wtf

July 27, 2010 11:40:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StGwayne,

Only if there's an option for doing frock checks. Or a Spell of True Sex that let you see through a change sex vic...target.

July 27, 2010 11:53:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tasunke,

if gender and sex aren't the same thing .... then damn, wtf

Uh... technically, they aren't. Sex is biological. Gender is a social construction.

Then again, I'm just an unemployed sociologist.

July 27, 2010 5:58:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oooook ... so then modern operations should be called "gender changes" ... cause if a guy had an actual (by your definition) "sex change" then 'She' would be able to get pregnant and bear children.

Interestingly enough, some Females are actually born XY instead of XX, yet never developed male traits due to some mutation. Meaning ... they look exactly like females, have all the organs of females ... however they never started a menstrual cycle (or it was a rather irregular/ infrequent cycle, and completely impossible to bear children).

Mind you, its also possible for a XX female to be unable to rear children ... but she would still (most likely) have regular periods at least during her teenage years.

I guess technically speaking, a female born XY wouldn't even be able to start the process by growing a fetus, while ALL genetic females would at least be able to "start" a fetus.

Even though a certain percentage of "conceptions" are naturally aborted during the first couple weeks iirc (for reasons unknown, perhaps a partially working filter).

July 27, 2010 10:13:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tasunke,
Oooook ... so then modern operations should be called "gender changes" ... cause if a guy had an actual (by your definition) "sex change" then 'She' would be able to get pregnant and bear children.

I'd just call it very extreme elective plastic surgery

Though I guess gender change would be right too. Are those the 'transgendered' people, or is that a whole 'nother category?

I think it's called "sex change" mostly because it deals with swapping sex organs. So I guess in that light, it's a guy swapping his "man gear" for "female gear" and boobs - basically very invasive plastic surgery.

Of course, in a world of magic, a Transmute Gender spell would be an outpatient procedure

July 27, 2010 11:48:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tasunke,

Well, it's not actually "by my definition", it's a commonly accepted definition. World Health Organization defines gender as: "the socially constructed roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women" and sex as "the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women".

I'm not going to step into the minefield of "off-topic" as what defines a man or woman sexually. I've not really studied that topic in depth. But I have studied genders in depth. And I only really brought it because, well, it was specifically brought up. People use "sex" and "gender" as interchangeable when it is not strictly correct.

http://www.who.int/gender/whatisgender/en/

July 28, 2010 2:39:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

sex and gender might as well be used interchangably ... but yea, using "your" definition, "sex change" should probably be called gender change. Cause unless you lose the sex organs ur really just a transvestite (another misnomer, people getting transgender and transvestite switched up ... even if you have the hormones to add/remove boobs, its still transvestite unless there is an alteration to the primary sex organs)

By my definition, your sex is what you were phenotypically born as (if you were born an XY female, your still female- just can't ever bear children ... cause you have all the female hormones switched on, simply the sex organs aren't fully functional in a reproductive sense)

And, also by my definition, to change your gender would require the removal of the sexual organs you started with AND a change in outward appearance ... so simple unics or castrated people wouldn't count as a different gender. Unless they went through hormone therapy to grow breasts and such to give the outward appearance of a female .. then they would change their "gender"

But its impossible to change ones sex

July 28, 2010 6:35:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There should be chain mail bikinis!

Now, seriously, the whole marriage aspect has to be heavily tweaked..

i agree with both.

so this game shouldn't have magic then?!

July 28, 2010 10:14:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tasunke,
sex and gender might as well be used interchangably ... but yea, using "your" definition, "sex change" should probably be called gender change. Cause unless you lose the sex organs ur really just a transvestite (another misnomer, people getting transgender and transvestite switched up ... even if you have the hormones to add/remove boobs, its still transvestite unless there is an alteration to the primary sex organs)

By my definition, your sex is what you were phenotypically born as (if you were born an XY female, your still female- just can't ever bear children ... cause you have all the female hormones switched on, simply the sex organs aren't fully functional in a reproductive sense)

And, also by my definition, to change your gender would require the removal of the sexual organs you started with AND a change in outward appearance ... so simple unics or castrated people wouldn't count as a different gender. Unless they went through hormone therapy to grow breasts and such to give the outward appearance of a female .. then they would change their "gender"

You can use it interchangeably if you want to, especially since you aren't, I'm assuming, a biologist, psychologist, or a sociologist (correct me if I'm wrong), and frankly in that case it isn't really a whole big issue. But strictly speaking they aren't the same, and if you were a social scientist mixing the definitions of "gender" and "sex" would be embarrassing indeed. There's a whole gray area about "what is sex", what makes a man, what makes a woman, etc, that gets very complicated in the way you just brought up. As I understand it it's much more of gradient with some people falling in the middle somewhere. There are experts in that subject who would know a heck of a lot more than I.

But I am sure of what a "gender change" would look like. It would probably involve a change of clothes, and not any kind of dramatic surgery. You simply take up the role and mannerisms of the opposite gender. There's a whole big gray area here, but one that is more defined by society and something which I can speak with a little more authority on. I don't really want to bring up specific examples that might offend some forumgoer's sensibilities, but there are people whose "sex" and "gender" are different from one another. In the examples you bring up, you're talking about what defines a man biologically or a woman which is not really my field of expertise.

As I said, I only bring this up because it was mentioned. And I'm just letting you know there is a big difference.

July 28, 2010 12:23:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Back on topic somewhat - What about "genetics"?

I assume the soveriegn is more or less immortal to have so many adult children running around, so succession isn't an issue - though it might make an interesting mod - lose your sovereign, switch to playing their child; lose the soveriegn without an heir, game over - but why not have your choice in spouse determine your offspring?

Marry princess rescuee #5946? Easy to attain bride, vanilla kiddies. Fairly similar to your sovereign but their heroic blood is diluted with princess Norma as their mother.

Marry Shiva, DemiGoddess of War? Well let's just say their terrible twos were pretty freakin' terrible. Their stats are a vague compromise between Shiva's and yours making for a better end result, as well as using the available layables (heheh) for long term gain.

The only problem would be if heroes from two different sides married... Custody battles would be messy, no?

In conclusion: Yes, a balanced supply of lads and ladies is ideal. And chainmail bikinis and beards for them all!

July 28, 2010 12:35:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No, what the game needs is more bearded clams.

July 28, 2010 9:18:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting MagicwillNZ,

Then again, I'm just an unemployed sociologist.

I wonder why.

j/k

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time: