[Bug] Quad Core 1 cpu stuck at 100% when unfocused 2 cores stuck at 100% when focused

Critical, causes overheating

By on June 26, 2010 7:03:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Guineas

Join Date 08/2007

My system is a quad core q9550 @3.44 ghz with liquid cooling normally when running mass effect 2 or other cpu intensive tasks ive never gotten close to getting the overheating alarm on any core but after 30 mins of beta 3B im getting it constantly.

Putting up the process debugger i can at tops find 3 threads running so seeing up to 60-70% cpu time used is quite worrying, i do suspect you left a while loop running when you went home for the weekend guys.

And ive had quite a bit more stalls in the game, sometimes it just takes a long time to think. And if my sovereign attacks a spider or something the spider just disappears no xp or anything. Especially noticed this if using the cloth map to navigate, ill click somewhere in the shroud, an enemy is there my soveregin go to attack it pauses for a moment like its about to crash then the enemy despawn and the game moves on.

City structures despawn, this is a real annoyance and has been through beta 2, buildings are built but despawn and show as empty lot maybe a bit of smoke when zoomed in. 

1 Reply
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 26, 2010 7:15:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My poor Pentium 4 2.8Ghz processor is feeling this too. When I start the game, the CPU usage goes to 100% and the game slows down incredibly at the screen. I have no idea what goes behind the lines but it really is annoying and it wasnt happening prior to this patch. I need to wait like 2-4 minutes for it to finish thinking then it stops getting choppy. If I restart my PC I need to wait for it again, but at least after the first time I can reload elemental and it wont do that till I shut down the computer.

This happened to me previously but whenever I would Shift Tab and click on chat on the start menu. Weird thing is if I loaded a game and tried this, the game never slowed down and got choppy, it always happned at the start menu and shift-tabbing. Now it happens every single time i load the game for the first time after restarting PC.

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time: