Does anyone want Lord Kona or the Snathi from GC2 in Elemental?

Not really serious

By on June 4, 2010 1:09:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Alstein

Join Date 07/2004
+54

Yeah, I know they don't fit, but Lord Kona is kinda Stardock's mascot, and they put him in the Political Machine, so why not here?

The Snathi are squirrelly, so that's always a good thing to put into a game.

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 4, 2010 1:38:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There IS definite room for a race of Killer-Squirrels in Elemental.

Speed bonuses and physical disadvantage. Don't ask how they mate with non-snathis, however.

FOR THE GOD OF LOVE, DON'T ASK!

June 4, 2010 5:10:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

no, not for me i vote against it.  i want elemental to be more serious.  if modders want to do it, then great, but not in the stock game.

June 4, 2010 11:45:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Snathi are cool.  Kona doesn't do anything for me.

June 5, 2010 2:12:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The only time I want to see a "Snathi" is on the end of a pointy stick being turned over a fire slowly. Please don't put "massive squirrels" in Elemental.

June 5, 2010 3:59:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

lol wheres the Squirrel love?

I've heard they can be plenty tasty.

June 5, 2010 5:06:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Saije,
lol wheres the Squirrel love?

I've heard they can be plenty tasty.

There's only ONE SQUIRREL worth caring about and that's only because he points out the many..Many...MANY flaws in Human Society. Listen to the only Squirrel that speaks the truth...Behold your Lord and Master....Foamy!!!

Mwhahahaha!!!

Edit: Read The Signs the Squirrel is Holding Up in the Background....RofL. Man I love these cartoons.

June 5, 2010 11:10:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Raven X,
The only time I want to see a "Snathi" is on the end of a pointy stick being turned over a fire slowly. Please don't put "massive squirrels" in Elemental.
C'mon.

I'd love one as a mount.

Squirrel Mounts.

June 5, 2010 2:21:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Luckmann,

Quoting Raven X,
reply 4
The only time I want to see a "Snathi" is on the end of a pointy stick being turned over a fire slowly. Please don't put "massive squirrels" in Elemental.C'mon.

I'd love one as a mount.

Squirrel Mounts.

Must...not....mention....gerbils....too many....dirty jokes....to contain....

Damn Snathi. Damn them to hell I say!!!

June 5, 2010 4:41:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would also side with the squirrel-bashers: they just don't seem to fit in the world of EWOM. WHile I wouldn't mind Lord Kona's name popping up someplace (it is something of a Sardock tradition, after all), I don't really care either way.

June 14, 2010 6:45:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I see the Snathi as a 'humor' feature in GalCiv II, I understood that Elemental would be more serious about things like that so I don't expect the Snathi (or some similar race) to appear in the core game. And personally, I don't think they would really fit. If you want Giant Killer Squirrels, I think you'll have to mod them.

June 14, 2010 7:59:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

how about a 'sense of humour' toggle... I'd love funny dialogue and races but not by default... I'd play as snathi if possible, I'd love a snathi mage with tiny little squirrel armies. You could have a massive amount of fun with the flavour texts... "I laugh at your pathetically small collection of nuts" with heros inspired from illwillpress?

I want squirrels in the game, ninja squirrels?

June 14, 2010 8:15:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If we are talking mod or alternative game mode (aka not campaign), yeah, why not?

June 14, 2010 8:21:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

About Lord Kona; I don't suppose you've read anything in the Lore section of this site?

Excerpt:

"Kona the Dread Lord had fashioned his empire on the premise that he was the supreme power of the world. Central to his power was the orb of dominion, a tool that he had conceived and helped wrought with the aid of his brothers."

...and so on. Kona, Dread Lords and Arnor are as much a part of the Elemental lore as the GalCiv lore

June 15, 2010 9:34:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I could see the snathi as a non player race.  Maybe interact with little neutral settlement.  One could trade them tasty treats for shineys

June 15, 2010 10:10:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Zamul,
About Lord Kona; I don't suppose you've read anything in the Lore section of this site?

Excerpt:

"Kona the Dread Lord had fashioned his empire on the premise that he was the supreme power of the world. Central to his power was the orb of dominion, a tool that he had conceived and helped wrought with the aid of his brothers."

...and so on. Kona, Dread Lords and Arnor are as much a part of the Elemental lore as the GalCiv lore

I don't have a problem with Kona. He fits into the lore pretty well I think. Just...not the snathi. Hate...snathi. Must kill...snathi.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time: