[New Idea] Possible Successor to "Comprehensible Suggestion List". Volunteers ?

Want to help?

By on May 29, 2010 2:04:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

RavenX

Join Date 10/2008
+194

As many of you know I try to keep our ideas a little organized in the "Elemental Ideas Section" of the forums. I do this just to try to "do my part" to help out the Dev Team and my fellow Players. They know where an idea is, and we can see what's come before so we don't repeat our-selves over and over.

Without going to into personal details about my health, all I can say is some-one may need to take over in the near future. I don't know "how" exactly. Maybe Kryo would be kind enough (if/when the time comes) to "Un-Sticky" my post and the new person (if any) who takes over the job can have their's "Stickied". That then begs the question, is anyone Interested in taking over what I do in that section?

Do not say "Yes, Pick Me!!" too quickly. Put some "thought" into it and what it means and what You would have to do. You have to be Fair and Impartial with All Ideas NO MATTER WHAT. If you and another forum member disagree and get into a "pissing match/cat fight" oh well, you HAVE TO POST THEIR IDEA ANYWAY. Even if you don't like the idea, post it and it's link in the right Category anyway. Even if it doesn't get One Single Reply, post it anyway. Your personal feelings mean Nothing, the List is Everything, Period.

If You think you can handle that, that You can Really handle that....please say so now. Also please know I will base my decision on who replaces me on a few factors (or Stardock could say No and the list might stop, or they might pick "who" ). If I need a replacement before launch, it will have to be some-one who has a certain "quality". That "Quality" is STAYING POWER and DEDICATION to making Elemental a Better Game. I have to have seen that you've been here on the forums consistently and have the time and want to keep up with this. I'm not trying to discriminate against new members, but, if you've only made one or two posts and only check the forums once every week or two, you're not really the right person for the job.

How Will You Know When To Take Over? For starters I won't be here...lol. If I stop appearing on the forums for a week or more (7 days in a row) then I won't be back for a bit and the mounting list of new ideas will get Massive. I'll either be in the hospital recovering, here at home recovering, or...well, not on the planet to worry about it anyway.

I understand by saying that I open my-self up to random people who don't like me to say "Good, I hope you die" so feel free. Take your shot. It won't hurt my feelings at all. I'll just ignore you. I know I piss people off some-times, but hey, I'm just being my-self and being passionate about a game I want to see Succeed along with the Awesome Company and People that make it.

If you think you have the Dedication, Free Time, Desire, and Fair Mindedness....Please reply to this thread. The time may come very soon where I just vanish and my volunteer help won't get done. Maybe you care about the list like I do, maybe you don't care which is fine too. I would hope among all the Elemental fans here though, some-one might want to "pick up the torch".

Cheers Everyone, keep up the great ideas, and Rock On Stardock!!!

Note: This is a "cross-posting" also in the General Elemental forums. This won't get added to the idea list. I categorized it anyway though in case I change my mind and add it. See Original Post Here. Thanks.

Locked Post 29 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 29, 2010 2:20:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll take a peak through your current list and think about it. No promises. I enjoy semi-trolling a lot, but I would like to contribute a bit more than sideline funny remarks and the occasional idea.

Whatever your health problems are, good luck with them, and if you disappear, I hope you reappear soon enough. You amuse me.

But again, no promises yet.

Edit After Looking At The List: JESUS CHRIST! You can build the freaking Walls of Troy with that thing. Still considering it, and probably will all weekend. I'll get back to you when I can.

May 29, 2010 8:18:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

Without going to into personal details about my health, all I can say is some-one may need to take over in the near future.

Raven...I'm gonna miss you and your posts, because I think that you are a valuable member of this small community. I hope that everything will be okay with your health. Come back as soon as you can!

May 29, 2010 11:28:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good luck with your health, and hope to see you back on the forum soon! 

May 29, 2010 11:45:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Raven you did a great job updating.   We won't mind it become outdated for a while, as long as you come back to update it later!   Get well soon!

May 29, 2010 12:19:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow...my friends...Thank You. Do not have too much fear yet, though. I'm still "kicking" for now. There is how-ever a good possibility I might not be here in two or three weeks. I need surgery some time within the next 6 months-year....or I'm NOT going to make it, period.

I've mentioned it once or twice before...sneakily, and also to a friend of mine on the Team, that I have Crohn's Disease. This isn't something I like to point out and stressing on. I don't want sympathy or for people to feel "sorry" for me. I don't know, maybe I'm too "Proud" on the inside. I do appreciate the well wishes though, Greatly. Needless to say though, because of complications from that and now also having a Gallbladder Full of gallstones, I need surgery...soon.

We're waiting on clearance and funding with help from the State Health Department. If it doesn't come through in time though...well...my Gallbladder could burst and I can die even before I get to our crappy local Hospital. There's also Major Complications going from the Crohn's its-self.

WITHOUT the surgery...I'll be dead within 1 year at the shortest, to 3 years Tops (even if I survive my burst Gallbladder).

I truly, TRULY, appreciate all your well wishes and worry for me. I'm not going anywhere Yet though, no fear. I'll be here to "Help Out" and to "Piss People Off" hopefully for a good while still. Hopefully until launch at least (Health Dept moves SUPER SLOW).

Just by replying, you all show me I've made a impact here. Thank You one and all.

(Note: Some of you who have posted already, have been in my thoughts as considerations for replacements.)

May 29, 2010 3:40:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Raven, just never forget: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. This quotation from Nietzsche is very true. I am pretty sure that you will be stronger. Never give up!

May 29, 2010 4:03:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Raven, I don't know you, but I'll miss you on the forum. I don't have time nor enough dedication to continue the awesome gathering job you've done, but know that I'll be looking forward for your – hopefully safe – return.

Take care of yourself.

PS: No need to say I hope we'll be battling each other (or against stronger forces ) in a MP game of EWOM some day

May 29, 2010 4:54:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tormy-,
Raven, just never forget: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. This quotation from Nietzsche is very true. I am pretty sure that you will be stronger. Never give up!

I personally Love that Quote, Tormy. Unfortunately, when Friedrich Nietzsche came up with that quote, they didn't know about things like Crohn's Disease. It is a debilitating life long disease. There is No Cure. Some people (who can afford it) can get various treatments and then just have to watch their diet and they can live perfectly normal lives. In some more sever cases, unfortunately like mine, the deterioration of the intestines and bowels goes much faster. I'll have Crohn's Disease for the rest of my life. The other problems going on inside of me right now are more immediate. Without the operation, very soon, or if my gallbladder bursts...I'm a dead man.

I'm a fighter when it comes to things like this. I'll never give up. Thanks, my friend. The support means a lot.

Quoting vieuxchat,
Raven, I don't know you, but I'll miss you on the forum. I don't have time nor enough dedication to continue the awesome gathering job you've done, but know that I'll be looking forward for your – hopefully safe – return.

Take care of yourself.

PS: No need to say I hope we'll be battling each other (or against stronger forces ) in a MP game of EWOM some day

I'm doing the best I can, with my families help, to "Take care of my-self". I truly appreciate the words of support though.

It's truly too bad you don't have the time. You were one of my "Candidates" I was thinking of asking to take over for me If/When the time comes.

Take it easy, brother. Keep on rocking

May 29, 2010 5:10:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Other "Candidates" I had in mind...

First off, Wintersong came to mind. Wintersong does a Lot for Elemental. Even though he and I have our agreements or disagreements from time to time, I still like his posts (and him as a person). With everything else he does though, I didn't want to ask him to take on Even More responsibility. Anyway, here's a list of some people I was thinking about.

This List is in NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

Wintersong

Tormy-

MagicWillNZ

ZehDon

Climber

The Gorgon

Vieuxchat

Demiansky

PigeonPigeon

Landisaurius (where you been man?)

Denryu

Tasunke

TCores

......................................................................................

I have a few others I've been keeping my eye on as well. This list isn't all the people I have in mind, just some of the more prominent people I see on the forums. There are some relatively new-comers I've been watching, like Stmorpheus, who if they had more time here posting on the Elemental forums would be in the running for my successor in my mind.

May 29, 2010 6:42:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Please keep in mind, my friends. Unless my gallbladder ruptures, it could be another 6 months to a year before I actually get the surgery I need to take it out (and correct some other problems I haven't mentioned). Also those "other problems" do have a time limit to them before they..."break". If I'm careful and the gallbladder doesn't go, I have from 1 year minimum to a 3 Maximum before I'll Die. That's with-out the surgery. When I get the Surgery, then for sure I'll be gone about a week maybe, little more or less, and then be back per-usual. My doctor told me that most people who go through the surgery make it through ok, but the ones that die, they die from catching pneumonia after-wards. So unless the gallbladder pops, or something else pops, until I go for surgery which could be anywhere from 2 months from now to 8 months from now, I'll Still be here to agree with people and to piss people off and to run the Comprehensive List.

May 29, 2010 8:15:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is more morbid then I originally anticipated. Granted facing one's own mortality is a truly difficult endeavor. Don't get dead just yet Raven still to much to do.

May 29, 2010 9:26:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Darkodinplus,
This is more morbid then I originally anticipated. Granted facing one's own mortality is a truly difficult endeavor. Don't get dead just yet Raven still to much to do.

Very true, Darkodinplus, very true. Would you consider taking over for me if/when the time comes? I know you're a busy man too, just as most of us are. I also know though that you have the skills and patients and most importantly the "Impartial-ness" to do the job right.

May 30, 2010 12:45:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Raven I have to say... Out of all the posts I've read in these forums in my time as a Lurker... Yours were without a doubt my Favs. You speak your mind, Have good ideas, and Call no man mister. (Usually you call them friend or brother )

I'm not worried about you though... Your to badass to die.

Just in case though... I'm going to recreate your being in Elemental! Raven X will live forever in my PC!

May 30, 2010 12:58:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Saije,
Raven I have to say... Out of all the posts I've read in these forums in my time as a Lurker... Yours were without a doubt my Favs. You speak your mind, Have good ideas, and Call no man mister.

Just in case though... I'm going to recreate your being in Elemental! Raven X will live forever in my PC!

Wow...just Wow. You just floored me, Saije. You don't know what that means, even coming from a more or less complete stranger. Thank you, so very much.

Do me a favor and when you name the character, make it "Raven Xavier". That's what the "X" stands for.

Seeing as how I'm feeling so crappy I couldn't get around to making my "NPC" when the Devs wanted the players to so they could be included in the game, I've been too sick to sit down and make one. Copying and tweaking the code to do so is child's play, but it takes more concentration to do that then just reply on-the-spot to a Internet post.

I was going to PM Scott or Frogboy about it and see if they could name a NPC after me for me. Honestly though, I feel I should force my-self to do it, just as everyone else did their own.

I do already have his back-story typed out though. It even fits in with the Mythology Frogboy used in some of the "Lore" entries.

Anyway, You just have no idea, Saije, what reading your comment just meant. If you knew all the other "personal" sh!t going on in my life right now....just...wow.

Thank You.

P.S. Plus 1 Karma just for being such a Kick-Ass person. (I'd give more but it won't let me)

May 30, 2010 8:00:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

man, raven x... im sorry to hear of your troubles. youve likely never heard of me as ive been lurking here for about a year an a half! i reply to posts now an then, hell this is my boy friends account im using (never got confirmation email when i set up my own?)he doesnt use it on this site anyway.

i felt compelled to write you though. to express how much i've enjoyed your presence on these boards. this is the first forum community ive ever felt like being apart of. largely because of the lack of flaming that goes on here(it really is remarkable). and though things have gotten tense in the past with wildly different opinions flying around. (remember those reasourse debates?) youve always managed to get your points across eloquently,  with humor and style. damping the fire with conciliatory words (friend, brother ect) even when i didnt agree or always understand what you were saying (not a programmer at all here) i always understod you just wanted to help make this game the best it can be.

further more, you musnt die sir! i AM looking forward to your dragon lance mod! if i wasnt so lazy id have replied to your post that im willing to provide art if needed assuming you cant find some one more talented. ive been a fan since i was a kid, those books got me reading. ive got to get to work now, just know there are likley many of us lurkers out there who appreciate all that youve done on these forums. keep your head up man.

btw if your time is indeed near you will be in my pc as well.

May 30, 2010 10:27:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aw man, I'm touched that you put me on your list, I really am. If you don't get through this and no one else volunteers than I'll keep it going in your name. I'm not really good at responsibilities like this but I can hardly say no.

This is true. We do not know if you are a necromancer or a rock star. Quite possibly both. Both would be awesome.

May 30, 2010 11:42:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Or we could even create some group to keep going the gathering job. The only problem is a way for several persons to change the initial post.

In fact I'll have some time in vacation and if some other people can help me gather things I can create a new post that I would update on a weekly basis. Maybe an RXG (Raven Xavier Group ) :

• A Scribe : Someone to create the post and keep it clear (I can do it)
  • Some Scouts : Some people to gather ideas and give them to the scribe.
  • Some WatchDogs : Some people to verify my work once it's updated (in case I would have forgotten something or misspelled or anything else)

Who sign ?

May 30, 2010 12:19:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd be willing to get into the ring Raven or help Vieuxchat's proposed Raven Xavier Group.

May 30, 2010 6:27:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ziktur,
man, raven x... I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. you've likely never heard of me as Ive been lurking here for about a year an a half! i reply to posts now an then, hell this is my boy friends account I'm using (never got confirmation email when i set up my own?)he doesn't use it on this site anyway.

i felt compelled to write you though. to express how much I've enjoyed your presence on these boards. this is the first forum community Ive ever felt like being apart of. largely because of the lack of flaming that goes on here(it really is remarkable). and though things have gotten tense in the past with wildly different opinions flying around. (remember those resource debates?) you've always managed to get your points across eloquently,  with humor and style. damping the fire with conciliatory words (friend, brother ect) even when i didn't agree or always understand what you were saying (not a programmer at all here) i always understood you just wanted to help make this game the best it can be.

further more, you musnt die sir! i AM looking forward to your dragon lance mod! if i wasn't so lazy id have replied to your post that I'm willing to provide art if needed assuming you cant find some one more talented. Ive been a fan since i was a kid, those books got me reading. Ive got to get to work now, just know there are likely many of us lurkers out there who appreciate all that you've done on these forums. keep your head up man.

btw if your time is indeed near you will be in my pc as well.

Thank You, m'lady. You are truly kind hearted to come "out of the wood-work" to wish me well. As with Saije above, your words bring much comfort and a thankful-ness I truly feel in my heart. Whom-ever your boyfriend is, he is indeed a Very Lucky man to have a woman such as you by his side. Thank you, m'lady, truly, from the bottom of my heart. *bows*

Quoting MagicwillNZ,
Aw man, I'm touched that you put me on your list, I really am. If you don't get through this and no one else volunteers than I'll keep it going in your name. I'm not really good at responsibilities like this but I can hardly say no.

This is true. We do not know if you are a necromancer or a rock star. Quite possibly both. Both would be awesome.

I'm honored you would help, my friend. I do indeed know how busy you've been lately. Don't feel Obligated. I took this responsibility upon my-self. I Had/Have the free time. If you don't, I think we can all understand that. Real Life has to come first. Even when it means putting aside a game that means so much to so many, as Elemental does to all of us, real life must come first.

If you do have the time, I, and hopefully the "RXG" ( as our friend Vieux says) would be very happy to have the help.

Thank you, brother.

Quoting vieuxchat,
Or we could even create some group to keep going the gathering job. The only problem is a way for several persons to change the initial post.

In fact I'll have some time in vacation and if some other people can help me gather things I can create a new post that I would update on a weekly basis. Maybe an RXG (Raven Xavier Group ) :

A Scribe : Someone to create the post and keep it clear (I can do it)
Some Scouts : Some people to gather ideas and give them to the scribe.
Some WatchDogs : Some people to verify my work once it's updated (in case I would have forgotten something or misspelled or anything else)
Who sign ?

RXG Group....I am honored and touched you would even conceive such a thing, more or less name it after me. You rock Vieuxchat. You've always had intelligent posts and the foresight to know when "to say" and when to "not say" something. You, MagicWillNZ, and Darkodinplus, should all three be Team Captains.

Rock On, Brother, rock on!!!

Quoting Darkodinplus,
I'd be willing to get into the ring Raven or help Vieuxchat's proposed Raven Xavier Group.

Thank You, my friend. Your knowledge and skill will be invaluable to any project. No matter how large or how small. Experience, even when you're not that old, can be a great quality in both a Leader and in a Guide. You, my friend, have shown us all that, time and time again.

Thank You, and thank you for being there for the Community.

May 30, 2010 7:34:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Raven man, I'm sorry to hear you're not doing so well. I always enjoy reading your posts and judging by the posts above I'm not the only one, so I'm sure you'd be missed. So you just get better and keep posting, and perhaps we'll play a game of Elemental when it's finished

May 30, 2010 10:18:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd be willing to take on the job, I think, if, gods forbid, you up and vanish. I think there are several more qualified/longer 'round people that would be willing, however. But, I'll be here, if need be.

As for you, Sir Raven of the Awesome Chair, keep kicking long as you can. It wouldn't be the same around here without your opinions, or your candor.

May 31, 2010 3:37:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Satrhan,
So you just get better and keep posting, and perhaps we'll play a game of Elemental when it's finished

Nop. We will surely play lots of MP games with Raven.

May 31, 2010 5:02:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd be happy to help in the group. And... if you vanish and I ever get back to writing novels I'll make sure to name a character after you.

Nop. We will surely play lots of MP games with Raven.

Yeah, Raven's going to have a veritable queue of people to play MP games with.

May 31, 2010 5:20:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting MagicwillNZ,
I'd be happy to help in the group. And... if you vanish and I ever get back to writing novels I'll make sure to name a character after you.

Nop. We will surely play lots of MP games with Raven.
Yeah, Raven's going to have a veritable queue of people to play MP games with.

First !

May 31, 2010 6:50:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

EDIT: Quotes are broken...

Wow, I don't know what to say. I'll just quote someone with far more eloquence than I;

As for you, Sir Raven of the Awesome Chair, keep kicking long as you can. It wouldn't be the same around here without your opinions, or your candor.[/quote]

Seriously, I hope you get better. You are an integral member of these forums.

[quote who="vieuxchat" reply="17" id="2633019"]Or we could even create some group to keep going the gathering job. The only problem is a way for several persons to change the initial post.

A Scribe : Someone to create the post and keep it clear (I can do it)
Some Scouts : Some people to gather ideas and give them to the scribe.
Some WatchDogs : Some people to verify my work once it's updated (in case I would have forgotten something or misspelled or anything else)
Who sign ?

You could do what some mod teams on the Sins forums do. Create a new account (RXGroup or whatever name you decide), and share the password for that account with whoever you choose you want to help you. Then anyone with the password can edit the post, and one person (you) isn't stuck with the job of updating the post every week.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: