Pre-Ordering and Beta Help Please

By on May 15, 2010 10:44:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excisionis

Join Date 05/2009

I would like to try the beta, and in order to do so I habe to pre-order, but the pre-order is for a digital download, and my internet access is limited. About how large is the beta download, and can I get the game in a way besides digital download?

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 15, 2010 11:34:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The download is about 1 GB, IIRC, so that might be tricky on a slow or limited connection.  As far as I know there's no other way to test out the beta...

May 15, 2010 11:36:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks. 1 GB isn't too bad. It's the full game, when it comes out, that I'm worried about if I have to download it.

May 16, 2010 12:33:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Excisionis,
Thanks. 1 GB isn't too bad. It's the full game, when it comes out, that I'm worried about if I have to download it.
As far as the full game (retail) goes you can order the box (add in S+H) if you're concerned it'll be too much for your connection.  From my understanding you can also DD using the box set order too -- best of both worlds.  Check out Pre-Order where it mentions Download + Retail Box plus S&H, and DD only.

Regarding beta, I don't know of any way to get it other than impulse.

There is a possibility you may want to check out (scroll down to the "Copy Protection:" part):  "Users who do not have good internet access at home can use http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com to download Elemental and bring it home to install on their machines."

Not sure if you have a good alternative connection (work/friend/etc.) or if it'd work for beta, but should work for release so you wouldn't need get the boxed set, or wait for it to arrive if your connection is insufficient.

May 16, 2010 6:16:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Anyone know when the next beta 2 will open up?

May 16, 2010 6:59:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Devs said it wouldn't be before the week of 24th (because of some marketing tour)

June 1, 2010 10:39:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you very much Nick-Danger.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time: