Can Stardock PLEASE buy the rights for Warcraft RTS?

By on April 16, 2010 3:04:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Blazerules

Join Date 04/2010

I would love to see Warcraft 4 with the UI of warcraft 3(well simular like SC2 has a simular UI) i mean Blizzard made Warcraft 1,2 and 3 with TFT then BAM! f***ing wow came and now all they see in warcraft is wow i would LOVE to see the RTS return A LOT of WC3 fans would love that too the game is STILL popular people STILL play it.and since stardock owns and blizzard is starting to become ea(basically s**t)  the warcraft RTS/RPG is doomed and it had so much potential makes me cry how it died so...Stardock can you ask Blizzard at least if they are planing on Warcraft 4?if not buy the rights f**k blizzards then...ill buy 3 more "Elemental War Of Magic" if you ask that will make 8 well i got LOTS of cash and since no new games are coming out i guess ill just buy lots of Elemental i literally got around 80 thousand spare Euros for buying games @.@ no good games i like came out recentaly only C&C4 but as expected of ea it...sucked  :"( well stardock about the beta 1z3 keep polishing tha game i bet in the end you wont need patches you guys made some of the best games i have like GalCiv 1 and 2 is GalCiv 3 gonna be made in 2011?never liked TBS you guys changed my views on TBS now i LOVE it

Locked Post 41 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 16, 2010 3:24:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Zoomba giggles

April 16, 2010 3:27:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

With all due respect:

April 16, 2010 3:56:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is a good argument not to get anywhere near the Warcraft IP if I ever saw one.

April 16, 2010 3:58:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Would be nice.  For the love of <insert deity name here> they're past due with sequels to more than one title.  I would add in Diablo and Starcraft.  They don't get points for finally working on them now.  They're late! 

I don't want to hear WOW excuses either.  Bah!  They were and are still raking in money, so there's no reason sequels to their titles couldn't have been done.   No excuse for being lame, Blizzard.

April 16, 2010 4:27:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Supreme Shogun,
Would be nice.  For the love of <insert deity name here> they're past due with sequels to more than one title.  I would add in Diablo and Starcraft.  They don't get points for finally working on them now.  They're late! 

I don't want to hear WOW excuses either.  Bah!  They were and are still raking in money, so there's no reason sequels to their titles couldn't have been done.   No excuse for being lame, Blizzard.

Blizzard has always made games at their own, glacial pace. Hiring a boatload of developers to churn out sequels as fast as possible is something Acivision actively does. That Blizzard is not doing that is a good thing.

These games are so anticipated because they took their time and did it right. If you really want a new Warcraft game every 12 months without much new to them ala other franchises, well, more power to you. I'd rather Blizzard keep doing what makes them who they are.

April 16, 2010 5:34:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Coming out with a sequel every 12 months might not be a good thing, but I'm not going to blame people for being irritated because they've waited 12 years (Starcraft).

April 16, 2010 6:17:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Huh...

April 16, 2010 6:36:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ,
...i literally got around 80 thousand spare Euros for buying games...

Would you mind sharing?

April 16, 2010 8:37:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i literally got around 80 thousand spare Euros for buying games

Good God! What are you? The son of a Russian oligarch? Or a Greek tycoon?

Do you have to spend that much money buying games? Is this some sort of "Brewster's Millions" scenario where if you manage to spend 80,000 by the end of the month buying video games you get 160,000? If so, have you considered using it as seed money to start your own studio?

If you don't have to spend that sort of money, wouldn't it better spent driving an awesome car around your private island?

April 18, 2010 8:18:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For those in the Real World (aka the USA) at the current exchange rate 80K euros = $107,902.64 USD

J/K about the real world thing btw.....(the joke being that the rest of the world stereotypes Americans as arrogant.... never mind....)

April 18, 2010 8:23:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting strager,
For those in the Real World (aka the USA) at the current exchange rate 80K euros = $107,902.64 USD

J/K about the real world thing btw.....(the joke being that the rest of the world stereotypes Americans as arrogant.... never mind....)

Then I'm sure he can spare US$500. That's all I'd need.

April 18, 2010 8:29:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting MagicwillNZ,

Do you have to spend that much money buying games? Is this some sort of "Brewster's Millions" scenario where if you manage to spend 80,000 by the end of the month buying video games you get 160,000? If so, have you considered using it as seed money to start your own studio?

If you don't have to spend that sort of money, wouldn't it better spent driving an awesome car around your private island?

Man, I gotta give Karma for the "Brewster's Millions " reference.  Next up you'll be throwing out shouts to "DC Cab" with Mr. T and Gary Busey. 

April 18, 2010 8:32:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I guess he doesn't realize that with that much loot, he could start a small studio (somewhere with low-wages of course) and make a decent game all of his own...

April 18, 2010 8:41:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting strager,
I guess he doesn't realize that with that much loot, he could start a small studio (somewhere with low-wages of course) and make a decent game all of his own...

Given enough time, initiative, and a free or open-source engine that can be used to make a game that can be sold, anyone can. You can even do the work on your own. It'll just take a long time.

April 19, 2010 10:07:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Whiskey144,

Quoting strager, reply 13I guess he doesn't realize that with that much loot, he could start a small studio (somewhere with low-wages of course) and make a decent game all of his own...

Given enough time, initiative, and a free or open-source engine that can be used to make a game that can be sold, anyone can. You can even do the work on your own. It'll just take a long time.

Possible, yes....likely no. Even making a decent Mod single-handeledly is difficult. With 100K USD he could afford to hire a team to develop (or purchase rights to use an existing w/ support from its developer) a proprietary engine.

Open Source is overrated- there's a reason most open source games never go anywhere.

April 19, 2010 10:45:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting strager,

Quoting Whiskey144, reply 14
Quoting strager, reply 13I guess he doesn't realize that with that much loot, he could start a small studio (somewhere with low-wages of course) and make a decent game all of his own...

Possible, yes....likely no. Even making a decent Mod single-handeledly is difficult. With 100K USD he could afford to hire a team to develop (or purchase rights to use an existing w/ support from its developer) a proprietary engine.

Open Source is overrated- there's a reason most open source games never go anywhere.

Wesnoth is the best!

April 20, 2010 10:41:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting strager,

That's not fair. Open source has resulted in some awesome things. It just needs dedication and hard work on the part of those in the project.

April 27, 2010 10:37:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting MagicwillNZ,

well actually i am russian im Yiouri and my dad has companys in Cyprus(were i live now) China,Japan and America he sends me LOADS of cash every month for school,house ect since im only 16 and live alone...trust me i can have partys all i want since my dad lives in russia and my mom has a mini company in China i only see my parents on Christmas tho so not too good to be rich  still not too bad either having no bank account is preaty funny tho my friend opened my wardrobe and loads or 50 euros fell on him   was funny then he was asking if he could have 3000 euros for the best computer he can buy   reason i dont tell my friends i got so much cash coz i dont want friends for money   but with all the cash i get i buy games and since i got so much spare cash in my wardrobe i buy many of the same game if i like it but resently not much good games came out   so i just bought 2 qquadbikes (300CC) to ride around with my best friend i bet i can buy cypruss i mean i should be thankful they fix roads here i mean now they cant get any worse.the way they fix em as well they patch it up in random places sometimes take a perfectly good road and f**k it up i can write a story bout how bad they build things it takes them 3 years to build ONE house can you belive that they are so sloooooooooow.one guy is sleeping the other two guys are eating suvlaki the other guy is saying "RE GAMOTO TI KANIS RE PUSHTIS" basicly bad words in greek the other guy is actualy working the others are just drinking zivania and thats how they always build and they actualy wonder why it takes so long

April 27, 2010 6:03:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Blazerules,

well actually i am russian im Yiouri and my dad has companys in Cyprus(were i live now) China,Japan and America he sends me LOADS of cash every month for school,house ect since im only 16 and live alone...trust me i can have partys all i want since my dad lives in russia and my mom has a mini company in China i only see my parents on Christmas tho so not too good to be rich  still not too bad either having no bank account is preaty funny tho my friend opened my wardrobe and loads or 50 euros fell on him   was funny then he was asking if he could have 3000 euros for the best computer he can buy   reason i dont tell my friends i got so much cash coz i dont want friends for money   but with all the cash i get i buy games and since i got so much spare cash in my wardrobe i buy many of the same game if i like it but resently not much good games came out   so i just bought 2 qquadbikes (300CC) to ride around with my best friend i bet i can buy cypruss i mean i should be thankful they fix roads here i mean now they cant get any worse.the way they fix em as well they patch it up in random places sometimes take a perfectly good road and f**k it up i can write a story bout how bad they build things it takes them 3 years to build ONE house can you belive that they are so sloooooooooow.one guy is sleeping the other two guys are eating suvlaki the other guy is saying "RE GAMOTO TI KANIS RE PUSHTIS" basicly bad words in greek the other guy is actualy working the others are just drinking zivania and thats how they always build and they actualy wonder why it takes so long

Wow! The son of Russian Oligarch living on a Greek island?!? You live a lucky life my friend. And damn, I was accurate!! Enjoy riding awesome bikes around your awesome island.

I think some Nigerians wanted to talk to you, something about a great investment opportunity...

May 16, 2010 10:45:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe Blazerules can buy the rights for the Warcraft RTS, and then sell it to Stardock for 1$ and free copies of Stardock games.

May 16, 2010 11:46:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I expect they'll move onto WC4 after the SC2 trilogy is finished, and have the same team work on it, using the same engine and the new Galaxy editor.

So 2013/4 I'd guess. 

May 16, 2010 1:53:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting HuaynaCapac,
I expect they'll move onto WC4 after the SC2 trilogy is finished, and have the same team work on it, using the same engine and the new Galaxy editor.

So 2013/4 I'd guess. 

Another RTS set in the Warcraft universe? Won't that ruin the canon of the MMORPG??

May 16, 2010 2:03:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nah it'll be handwaved as a dream sequence, or start several hundred years after the events of WoW, or have the standard alternate timeline plot.

May 16, 2010 2:13:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Blazerules,

well actually i am russian im Yiouri and my dad has companys

May 16, 2010 3:00:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Or maybe, they will combine WOW with the Warcraft RTS ... and have WOW players able to invade RTS games at any time (other than campaign) as individual units.

And then, if your character dies in the RTS world, its permanently trapped until the RTS player says different. Usually this will require allowing the RTS player to use your character as a unit in his game.

Then you will be free to continue playing that character in MMOs and he can use your unit in his RTS games. The one caveat, however, is that if you re-enter an RTS game where he is playing, if you attack one of his units you automatically die again. You can pay him with your WOW gold, which is converted to RTS resources to the player (which may be a reason to let you be able to return to WOW). If you don't have any WOW gold, however, you can either become his unit in the game, acting independently not requiring food, and fighting against the other units from a 1st player perspective ... or you can lose that character forever and create a new WOW character.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time: