I AM NOT PLAYING DRESS UP!!!11!

By on April 15, 2010 4:13:25 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1484

I am CREATING a powerful sorceress capable of laying waste to entire villages! But she must look sharp.

Locked Post 53 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 15, 2010 4:29:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, as long as no one gets carried away it's all good.

I do love customization.

April 15, 2010 4:31:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This must be one of those things that causes eye-bleeding.

April 15, 2010 4:48:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, I didn't get it. Explain for the dummy.

<--- dummy

April 15, 2010 5:02:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

"Did you see anything?!"

"No Frogboy, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!"

April 15, 2010 5:15:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't wait for people to start modding this.

I can just imagine what some people would do.

Idea for easter egg: put Lord Kona into the game, or at least some form of Drengins- they're pretty much one of Stardock's mascots.  Maybe a Drengin Mascot outfit?

April 15, 2010 5:34:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The clothing is going to be a source that makes modding custom Sovs onto your favorite character super easy compared to other games. Want to make your Sovereign into Wing Zero? Just change a helmet model into it's head and some of the clothing into it's body.  Then when you make your sovereign those options are available to you.

April 15, 2010 5:38:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I however will be playing dress up   or dress down...   but all aside, I do like the ability for customization.

Well, as long as no one gets carried away it's all good.

I can see it now..

"Raaklummasi, have you not worn that dress the last three times you've conversed with me?" [-1 relations for questionably hygiene]

April 15, 2010 5:40:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Many Men Online RolePlaying Girls

Or at least that's what customization tools like that get used for.

April 15, 2010 5:44:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's a very, very butch face and manly legs...

I'm not saying that I want playmate blondes, though, I'm equally hoping that I can create a huge viking woman of formidable girth...

That model, however, is in a very weird uncanny valley...

EDIT: Here we go...

April 15, 2010 6:59:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The beta is not supposed to be fun.

Making this mini game so much fun is going to completely alter peoples expectations of future releases.

Also, my 6 year old daughter would now like to play this game.

April 15, 2010 7:07:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Any chance that some pants (or at least short skirts) are in the customizing plan for the females? I was starting to go for a Huntress sort of sov, but long skirts are not good for tracking game.

Some footwear choices would be swell, too. You should be able to tell something about a sov of any gender just from the footwear. Soft slippers for the palace-lovers, bare feet for the sailors, moccasins for the hunters, etc.

April 15, 2010 7:22:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Also be sure that we can make cross dressing sovereigns.

Because it really matters.

April 15, 2010 9:30:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy plays dress up with virtual dolls!!! I'm telling!!!

April 15, 2010 9:32:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have an idea that might improve that in several ways.

At the moment it looks cluttered is almost to much choice. Instead of giving a separate icon for each colour of clothing, why not have an icon for each unique type of clothing, then a slider, or a selection of available colours. This appears to be partly implemented with the main and trim colours. 

Would make it less cluttered, and if a slider, would make more choice for user. Even just a selection would be much improved UI and make the screen less daunting. Any reason this shouldn't be in, other than of course time to recode it ?

April 15, 2010 9:35:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Chainmail underwear?

April 16, 2010 12:33:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting matt112986,
"Did you see anything?!"

"No Frogboy, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!"

Spaceballs ftw!

April 16, 2010 1:04:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am CREATING a powerful sorceress capable of laying waste to entire villages! But she must look sharp.

That's what I tell people I've locked in my basement. But they still won't listen to me.

April 16, 2010 1:27:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

- dear god man... at least try to hide the fact you play with dolls!

April 16, 2010 1:54:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Megajames75,
I have an idea that might improve that in several ways.

At the moment it looks cluttered is almost to much choice. Instead of giving a separate icon for each colour of clothing, why not have an icon for each unique type of clothing, then a slider, or a selection of available colours. This appears to be partly implemented with the main and trim colours. 

Would make it less cluttered, and if a slider, would make more choice for user. Even just a selection would be much improved UI and make the screen less daunting. Any reason this shouldn't be in, other than of course time to recode it ?

Hey no real suggestions in the funny post. Dammit why does someone always got to ruin the fun post with real work!!!

April 16, 2010 4:36:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If i can make my female warrior look like in one of Luis Royo's pictures i'll be happy.

April 16, 2010 10:50:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting shadowtongue,
Making this mini game so much fun is going to completely alter peoples expectations of future releases.

Great Games aren't just Games that have a cool feature. Great Games are Games that move their Entire Genre forward and increase quality across the board for all games of their type.

Stardock games have ruined me as far as customization go. Now I want All my games to have the layer of customization as I'm one of those people who often likes to "put himself in the game" and to personalize my game experience.

April 16, 2010 10:50:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't mind clothing characters as long as I don't have to pay extra money to do so like in "the Sims" and "Neopets" where you must pay to get extra clothes.

Try to make models more versatile, like beign able to place diferent colors and texture on the same shape. You could design textures and shape serately to that people can make mix and match afterward instead of prefixing which shape has which color.

April 16, 2010 10:56:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting larienna,
I don't mind clothing characters as long as I don't have to pay extra money to do so like in "the Sims" and "Neopets" where you must pay to get extra clothes.

Try to make models more versatile, like beign able to place diferent colors and texture on the same shape. You could design textures and shape serately to that people can make mix and match afterward instead of prefixing which shape has which color.

Completely and 100% Agreed and Seconded!!!! How cool would it be to be able to make custom models by mixing and matching pieces of the current game models WITHOUT needing a powerful 3D editor to do it? I'd really love a feature like that. It would be like the ship customization in GalCiv2 only with creatures and people. "Hmm, ok, I like this one's arms on this one's chest and legs...and lets add wings.". That would be extrememly cool to be able to do with a Built In Editor.

April 16, 2010 12:33:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

NOT DRESS UP!!! It's dollhouse superfun party.

April 16, 2010 6:10:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pants please : )

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: