By on March 4, 2010 12:36:01 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1491

Elemental_LimitedBox_Perspective2   

Elemental: Limited Edition

Specifications:

• 18x26” Elemental Poster
  • Extended print manual with additional information on the world of Elemental (i.e. 200+ pages)
  • Elemental extended musical soundtrack CD
  • 18x26” cloth map of the world of Elemental
  • Pewter Elemental dragon
  • Price: $69.95 (Beta testers will be able to upgrade for $20 + S/H)

DragonRender The pewter piece dragon

New Users: Elemental: Limited Edition

Upgrade option for existing pre-order users: Soon

We’re not kidding about the “Limited” aspect of this. We’re currently only planning to authorize the production of 10,000 of these. But for those of you who, like me, miss the “old days” of Ultima IV and such when games came with big maps, cloth maps and other goodies, here you go.

Locked Post 137 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 5, 2010 5:59:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I hope you guys reserve enough limited editions for all the pre-purchasers.  I really want to upgrade and would gladly fork over $20 more for this, but I've already bought the game.  It would be a real shame to see your first supporters gypped out of this great package if the limited edition run is bought out before people who've already purchased thegame get a crack at it.

March 5, 2010 7:23:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Agreed! I would be very unhappy, if I cannot upgrade.

March 6, 2010 11:40:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Me too. I want to upgrade/get the box back at my house, and still be able to download my digital beta version here @ colledge.

March 6, 2010 1:32:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heh, I was going to wait to get Elemental until I got a new pc. I guess now I'm going to get the game before I have a PC that can play it well so I can get one of these before they sell out ;/

March 6, 2010 2:18:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

man only 10,000 how about at least a million since theres 6 billion people on the planet? i live in australia and i want it!

March 6, 2010 2:39:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hehe a million sales is alot. Im just wondering how many of these 10,000 special editions will be gobbled up by impulse users, how many will be used by Us (probably 1:1 ratio of forum user to buying the preorder) .... and how many will be left over. I wish I had the numbers to crunch, as all I can really do is wildly guess. However I think 10,000 will be enough. That said, I REALLY REALLY want to get my limited edition for Elemental.

Hmm, maybe they will allow for us to upgrade once half of them are otherwise sold?

March 6, 2010 2:53:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

stardock has the numbers but not like there going to tell us because it might show the sales are weak but not many people preorder, i would have to say its my first perorder ever.

March 7, 2010 2:44:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tasunke,
Hmm, maybe they will allow for us to upgrade once half of them are otherwise sold?

That would be Incredibly Lame. They should give us the option to get the Limited Edition FIRST if you ask me. I would have bought that version from the start anyway but it wasn't available then. Seeing as how we've already given SD the money (or we wouldn't be in the beta) we should have the option to Upgrade First. Just my thoughts.

March 7, 2010 3:50:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only extra I'm really interested in is the soundtrack. I don't think getting the limited edition is really worth it for me because it would have to be shipped international and then custom fees and tax get slapped on top of that.

As for limiting the run to only 10,000 copies, keep in mind that a game title is considered successful if it hits over 100,000 in sales. Few PC games hit over a million copies sold.

March 7, 2010 4:11:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I miss thick, geeky, 250 page manuals, so this is pretty tempting, but I'd be paying 20 bucks just for that (things like cloth maps are bound for the trash can.) Eh... probably pass

March 7, 2010 4:41:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Keep in mind that Stardock knows how many existing pre-orders there are already, and can just "set aside" (i.e. not make available for order by other people) that many until they make upgrades available.

March 9, 2010 5:53:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I want my button to upgrade my normal edition to super duper Limited Edition. Where is it (if it's live somewhere)?

March 9, 2010 7:50:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I succesfully upgraded my beta copy.    I hope the cloth map details the story in the book that was written.

March 9, 2010 8:59:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You can upgrade it now successfully. Earlier today, before the forum restore, Kyro posted here saying that it works now, although that post is obviously gone now. I upgraded with no problems.

March 10, 2010 12:42:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How/Where.  When I go to the store in impulse I only see the $70 version?

March 10, 2010 2:18:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

http://www.elementalgame.com/purchase

March 10, 2010 2:24:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Done

March 10, 2010 3:03:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting kyogre12,
You can upgrade it now successfully. Earlier today, before the forum restore, Kyro posted here saying that it works now, although that post is obviously gone now. I upgraded with no problems.
I saw that and no one explains how which is why I have no idea of how. That I might eventually end with two copies of the game doesn't mean I want to buy them now* (I'd not be asking about upgrading and just preorder a Limited Edition while keeping my normal one). There are only buttons to purchase and no where says that it upgrades an existing one and I'm not going past the Cart unless I get clear answer.

* This month: Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising; Runaway 3; M.U.D. TV; Dragon Age: Awakening. Isn't that enough????

(Egads x3)

March 10, 2010 3:22:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As near as I can tell, you can only 'upgrade' a pre-order at the link that Cauldyth gave (thanks, btw).

Quoting Cauldyth,
http://www.elementalgame.com/purchase

As I could not find it in the store inside of impulse, which seems strange.  If you're reading this on the elemental forums you can click the "pre-order" button (same location).  If you're reading this through frogboy's blog, then you should hit the link (or be confused as I was).

March 10, 2010 4:09:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah, so that link is different... Damn, I was just checking Impulse (logical option for me ) and I was totally clueless. Thank ye.

March 10, 2010 9:43:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Subtotal: (EUR)   20,88 €

Seriously ?

By the way your exchange rate are still wrong, 20$=14,69€ not 13,92€.

March 10, 2010 2:55:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting lokideath,
Subtotal: (EUR)   20,88 €

Seriously ?

By the way your exchange rate are still wrong, 20$=14,69€ not 13,92€.

Strange. In the cart it displayed a subtotal of 20,88 € (13,92 € for the game, the rest shipping maybe, even though we already pad shipping for the normal version)

I wanted to pay with paypal and the final price was 27.XX €

I canceled that and switched to credid card and this time the final price was 13.92€, and no shipping cost)

March 11, 2010 12:15:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Elemental Limited Edition Upgrade option only seems to have one button: $20.  Since I originally ordered the standard edition plus retail box for $60:  ($60 + $20) is $80 ... where is the button/link for thoes of us who originally purchased the retal box?  (Frogboy stated:  "You won't be double-charged for shipping.  The total cost will be $69.95.")

???

March 11, 2010 4:09:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm trying to buy the limited edition upgrade, and since I originally went with the digital download verison, I knew I had to pay shipping and being that I live in Canada, shipping was coming up to over $20.  I thought I could ship the box to a friend of mine in the US and he could bring it to me the next time he came over to save on shipping costs, however, even though I'm inputting a US address, and even though it says the charge for shipping a retail box within the US is somewhere between $10-15 according to Stardock's own website, it's still coming up as the same over $20 charge shipping.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Is it because I didn't buy the regular boxed version initally?  Any assistance, either from a Stardock rep, or a user, would help. 

March 11, 2010 5:32:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is wrong. The first time I upgraded it costed $40+SH. Now the price is better. It is $20+SH. However I have already paid SH. So I still cannot preorder.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time: