CHEATS!!!!!

By on January 3, 2010 11:28:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Scoutdog

Join Date 07/2008
+195

Yes, they're finally here: cheat codes. I've located a fair number of them, and should have many more after lunch. Please don't hesitate to add in any you happen to find. There's no special trick to activating them, just press the key combination to get the desired results.

• Ctr+U: Clear FOW over the enitre map.
  • Ctr+L: Brings up lighting controls that do absolutely nothing as of yet.
  • Ctr+R: Researches everything except for techs whose names begin with "Refined"(?!)
  • Ctr+D: Deselects everything
  • Ctr+J: Instrantly trains all units pending for selected city.
  • Ctr+T: Teleports selected unit to cursor
  • Ctr+K: Destroys selected city (doesn't work for units).
  • Ctr+X: Makes the UI disappear or reappear
  • Ctr+B: Instantly constructs all improvements in selected city.

Locked Post 54 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 18, 2010 10:49:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting harpo99999,
actually I just like to see all the world map which is the ONLY cheat that I use.

harpo

I just finished a beta4 where Kraxis had fled and I could not find him.  The damn map was nothing but narrow valleys and lots of oceans with mountains blocking peninsulas all over the place.   And a "See the Map" cheat  would have shown just how messed up this world was and ended the game 100 turns earlier. As it was I had to lower/raise land and build a path to the bastard.

[I had summoned units like mad doing auto explore but hit the auto map error]

August 18, 2010 2:31:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting PanicWave,
I wonder why people cheats on computer games... isnt it better put on easy mode?

Why, to piss off NARCs like NTJedi (the N stands for NARC). Just knowing that there is some tight-arsed nancypants in this world being savagely aggravated that other people might be enjoying themselves in a way he or she finds uncouth is delightful. OH NOOOOOOES!!!! TEH PIPLES R PLAING TEH GAMEZ AND R CHEETNG AND R HASING THE FUNZ!!!!! CALLLZ TEH PULEEZES!!!!

And also because sometimes cheating is fun. As far as I know, games are about having fun.

But, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe the NARCs are right, and cheating in PC games is as evil as masturbating in a water closet.

August 18, 2010 10:58:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Femmefatal48,
Please remove all cheats abilities before the game is released. No one should be able to cheat to win. )~~

Until they haxzors your code themselves, and release a cracked version..

August 23, 2010 4:32:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So... any new cheats for the release version?

September 4, 2010 8:45:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

found another CTR+N: Spawns a random spouse for the player.

CTR+Z:  auto end turn toggle on/off for continuous end turns (note this may be like in in galactic civ. which "Causes the AI to play against themselves. Works best if a planet is not selected while the is pressed. Prior to using the code, you can either surrender to an AI player or destroy all your colonies (and ships if you wish)"   

Might be interesting to sit back and watch NPC strategies/wars on hardest level to see how they expand/build etc.

September 5, 2010 10:42:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've come to believe the only time "cheat codes" are cheating is when you're in some sort of competition, e.g. a "game of the month" where people take the same starting save and post about how the game went for them -- you want the games to be comparable.  Plus when non-developers want to research how something works, "research all techs" and "build all improvements" might well be things you need to do to avoid spending hours setting up a situation in which to perform the test.

But it seems to me some items on the above list shouldn't be considered "cheating" in any sense, even to those who complain about them.  "Make the UI go away" is standard for getting screen shots for places like these forums.

September 5, 2010 10:48:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When i do the "reveal map" one my game crashed (version 1.0), so now im afraid to do it again. ^^

September 5, 2010 6:22:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A few of the ones in the op are a bit off from what I have seen :

Ctrl+R = Research everything

Ctrl+M = Give 1000 Resources

Ctrl+U = Reveal Map [2nd time brings fog back]

Ctrl+T = Teleport selected unit/group to cursor

Ctrl+P = Grant selected unit/group's leader enough xp to instantly level

Ctrl+E = Research current spell [I believe Ctrl+Q does the same]

Ctrl+B = Complete que'd buildings in selected City

Ctrl+J = Complete all que'd units in selected city

Ctrl+K = Kill selected target [city, unit or group will not work on individuals inside a city from what I have seen tho]

Ctrl+D = Makes selected target yours [works on unit's I haven't tried yet on city's]

Ctrl+V = Instantly have your Child reach adulthood

Ctrl+C = Make a copy of selected unit [clone]

Ctrl+N = Give yourself a spouse and children

There is also one I am not sure on I am guessing its Ctrl+H but I am unsure it only works in tactical combat and fully heals the selected unit

September 8, 2010 1:30:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They cheat because they lack the maturity for facing any real challenges which only weakens their strategic gameplay in the longterm.

... I guess it's just a sign only a few people have the devotion to be real leaders.

You are funny or perhaps very, very serious about gaming.  If our in-game behavior would morally reflect on us that much, we would be all seriously disturbed for wanting to kill and plunder so much.

I like to cheat in single player games because I like exploring scenarios and god-games in general. Cheating is my private little escapism from real responsibilities in a rather uncontrollable world. I don't see any harm in official cheat codes that do not interfere with any players or their competitive ranking.

September 19, 2010 10:04:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Saved.

September 20, 2010 6:58:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i can't figure out how to get these to work

was trying to use the ctl-d to hire a stupidly expensive champ (1350 gold, turn 190)

Quoting mojoman2,
bump! these work with beta 4. you have to add cheat to the shortcut of elemental.exe

EG. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Elemental\Elemental.exe" cheat

I don't understand what you're having me add cheat to

edit: ok nevermind, it's as simple as you said.  just right click properties on any shortcut of Elemental.  once it comes up, just add the word Cheat after the shortcut's source/target

September 20, 2010 3:35:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ack, nevermind, I didn't see the date of the OP.

December 22, 2010 1:12:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

*bump* These are useful for testing out mods. As more people are modding now, they should know about these. *Note: not all the above work anymore, but most are fairly accurate

December 22, 2010 1:54:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I use the teleport and heal a lot when testing out combat mods.  CTRL-T around the map until you find creatures to beat up on, beat up on them, CTRL-H heals you/resets your movement, CTRL-T some more...

CTRL_B is nice to get buildings online immediately.  It'd be nice if there was a 'Complete Current Research Immediately' option...

CTRL-R learns everything at once, which isn't what I'm looking for when testing tech tree advancement...

December 28, 2010 10:39:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Saved

December 29, 2010 2:57:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i want the cheat for summoning a machine gun armed hot rod ala A.O.E...

December 29, 2010 3:46:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

taskforce, sorry but no machineguns or hotrods in the game, but you could edit a custom sov or unit to increase it's stratigic movement/combat movement/strenght/dexterity/constitution and add a bow to get a similar effect.

harpo

December 29, 2010 4:22:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just doesnt have the same effect as two-tone racing strips packing heat mowing down peasants left and right. Perhaps i should have put this in the unreasonable requests thread...mods?

January 2, 2011 11:51:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

bump. I just wanted quick access to this message by adding it to the "my replies section"

January 3, 2011 8:45:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

EDIT: Didn't notice page 2.

January 3, 2011 2:03:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NTJedi,

Quoting PanicWave,
reply 17
I wonder why people cheats on computer games... isnt it better put on easy mode?

They cheat because they lack the maturity for facing any real challenges which only weakens their strategic gameplay in the longterm.  Many are perfectly comfortable reloading a saved game over and over to win important battles or change a random event... those poor computer opponents never had a chance.  There was lots of crying on the Dominions_3 forum because their is no reloading option inside the game after the battles... thus some gamers would lose an important battle and instead of trying to recover they'd just  quit.  One of the biggest problems in multiplayer is when someone ditches a game once they start losing... I guess it's just a sign only a few people have the devotion to be real leaders.

This ^ is so true and I wish more games would remove cheat codes and also make it where you can't reload an old save once you have entered battle. You MUST accept the outcome just like you would playing another human opponent. Those that cheat are also the kinds that complain about the ai being too easy.

January 3, 2011 2:36:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So I see that gaming gestapo has come out, trying to enforce their rules on the masses...  Because it so very impacts them on how I play my game...  Death to Cheaters!!!  blah blah blah

here's an idea, you guys/gals play the game the way you want to, and let everyone else choose for themselves how they want to play.

January 3, 2011 4:43:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I used to cheat, but I found it more rewarding to take my medicine and dig up from the bottom of a miscalculation. I only reload if I made a critical error like clicking the wrong button, etc. It's fun being hurt sometimes. I don't know maybe that makes me masochistic? To each their own I guess.

January 3, 2011 5:05:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

While I don't use 'cheats' when I am playing games.  The AI is usually already sufficiently at a loss when playing 'fuzzy logic' brains like humans (usually) have.  I really don't know if developers leave them in because they don't know fore sure that the current expansion (whatever it happens to be) is really the 'last' expansion.  If the developers have to come back to the game to create another expansion - they will need the 'cheats' to help ease their redesign.

For me, as a user- i think many modders are happy  the cheats are left in, as this eases their 'fine tuning' of the mods they create.  Oh, harpo 7's post reminded me.  i lied (a little).  Sometimes, I do look at the whole map.  But only when i am done with that game.

February 1, 2011 9:04:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Saved

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002843   Page Render Time: