Give Jobs TO heroes

Gameplay sugestions

By on October 31, 2009 9:59:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

larienna

Join Date 10/2009
+20

I remember in one of my firat AD&D game where we were 2 players at the head of a small kingdom. I arrived later in the game, but the first player, before beign a king, had made some friends along the way which eventually became their vassal. One day, we were dicussing who was in charge of what. For example, I was a Ninja and there was an NPC thief, so we were in charge of intelligence. Another ship captain was assigned as admiral of the navy, etc. It was just fun to place people you have known for years in charge of something.

So I was wondering if it could be done also with heroes. In MOM, you partially had that kind of feature because a hero with magical skills could give you half of his casting power if he stayed home. But what if you could have a few job, (not too much) like general of the army, Another one that manage production and some one that manage magic in your tower/covenant, etc. Each hero would have their strength and weakness for each job.

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 2, 2009 1:29:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

With the whole family tree system, and the fact you are going to need to pay attention to heroes so you know when they are going to become too old and die...  I can see giving them jobs of some sort.   Perhaps a wore torn hero can retire in his later years to smith work or helping train the new recruits.   An old wizard-type hero can help you study in the library, or even a young one for that matter.   I mean, when you have a daughter of some sort in your family tree... what do you DO with them if you don't want to send them into combat.   I'd imagine assign them tasks so they can help out on the home front.

November 2, 2009 4:25:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, I was thinking a royal family member can act as the Governor of a city. or the commander of an army. Of course, the Sovereign would make a super-governor, super-commander, ect ... as well as having his own super-abilities, including the best magic, and distilling essence from shards.

November 3, 2009 2:31:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was not thinking about detailing the whole familly tree like in romance of the 3 kingdoms. In that game it is important, but in elemental managing a few heroes and assigning them to job instead of questing could do the job.

November 3, 2009 2:42:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I say you have Governors and Generals, only one per city (or army). Traits and Abilities can alter your effectiveness as Either, and Acadamies (menioned in earlier posts) can increase your Administrative traits and your Commanding traits.

some Governors give a malus to tax collection but a bonus to farming and mining income. some Governors might have high bonuses in taxes and trade, but penalties to happiness/morale.

In ROME there were some traits which made you more popular with the people/troops, and other traits that made you more popular with the Senate/Nobility. Sometimes becoming more popular with one group made you less popular with the other.

anyways, it was usually better for a city to have a family member to over-see the City if they had at least 1 in administration(management) stat.

I think the Architecture/Prestige School of thought, Combined with the Education school of thought, could lead to the building of these "Acadamies" which will allow your family members/statesmen to learn how to manage cities more properly (although some can naturally gain these traits with a good bit of luck).

November 6, 2009 3:36:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Actually, giving such jobs to heroes would be extremely realistic. And Awesome.

Let's just say, that if I, the channeller, know a certain individual unit by name, then said unit is some cog in the administering of the empire. I would appoint my eldest son to lead my armies, my second to be in charge of the home front, my doughters to handle the variouse domestic needs of the population, etc. The point being that the empire is a family bussyness, and that this is what the family does.

I'll mod this if i have to...

January 3, 2010 9:38:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Indeed the dynasty management would be a lot more entertaining with unique traits for family members, making them better for this or that, and the ability to appoint them to some administrative, magic or military responsability functions

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: