Beta 1 intro video on youtube *video inside*

in its full length and glory

By on September 18, 2009 5:55:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

landisaurus

Join Date 06/2008
+154

I've wanted to share the opening video (and as much if not perhaps more the music) with friends.  However being the type of recluse that actually stays up all night ripping intro videos off of recently released game betas, my friends are not often actually at my computer to show them.   So I have to rely on youtube links.     So I made a video (sorry to the one other guy who bothered to rip the intro video to my knowledge.  your rip was a bit too short for my tastes)

Anyway,   here is the link to the video.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgEPCltF2Q

Or just embed if your one of those people.

For related links I am also including: 

The official Teaser Trailer  release close to when the game was originally announced.

and 

My fan-made community video that I made many months ago ('cause I want any excuse to have other people watch it and receive credit)

Locked Post 10 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 18, 2009 6:26:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That was classic!

It all felt strangely familiar when I first fired it up last night .  I just couldn't remember what Ultima intro it was most like, though.  Brought back great memories of when I first played those way back in the day when they were released.

Well done, Stardock!

September 18, 2009 8:24:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

it was an awesome intro, I almost got disapointed when i pressed space and saw the beautifull cloth map interface

September 18, 2009 2:04:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't forget to watch in HD!

September 18, 2009 2:38:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yeah, I had to fight with it a bit so I could get the HD option.    my initial capture was in 1024x768 and all the pixels were nice and square.  I don't think it warped the video too much (not any more than youtube did already anyway)

September 18, 2009 3:44:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Probably took more effort to make that intro in the classic 8 bit than to have done it normally

r,

Nacho

September 18, 2009 7:47:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting landisaurus,
yeah, I had to fight with it a bit so I could get the HD option.    my initial capture was in 1024x768 and all the pixels were nice and square.  I don't think it warped the video too much (not any more than youtube did already anyway)

*whoosh*

September 19, 2009 1:36:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Probably took more effort to make that intro in the classic 8 bit than to have done it normally

to have what done normally?   4 screens with like at most 10 words on them in huge ancient font?   plus a 2 frame landscape animation where the only animations are the eruption and river...   I can't imagine how you could have  an easier intro to make (except maybe no animation... or just a single screen... or make it all blank)

I mean; what would you call "normally"?   Its not like filming a movie where black and white costs more than color.  Getting screen clips from the game takes time, especially if you want to make it look good.  I'd say possibly more time than drawing and then blowing up that landscape.   (I'm not even going to address the difficulty of text on a black screen)

Edit:  now that I'm watching it again... I actually don't think it IS 8-bit.   It has a fade in when the landscape title screen appears, and I think it falls outside of the 256 standard colors when it does.     oh man, better make a bug report.

September 19, 2009 2:51:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm just wondering what Hortz would think about this intro... I guess as long as the animation is up to his standards, it will be fine...

September 21, 2009 4:52:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

man, don't even suggest it.  I'd really like to avoid the kind of heated debate that Hortz likes to bring.   I mean, nothing against the guy.  I bet he isn't a bad person.  But my troll skin is sensitive to fire,  and I am not sure this animation is up to 1989 sierra point and click adventure game standards, let alone 2009 whatever he plays standards.

September 21, 2009 5:50:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This animation sets its own standard

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: