I am sold! ^^

By on September 13, 2009 12:55:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tormy-

Join Date 02/2006
+58

Well, well...I never thought that I will beta test a game in my life, because I don't like betas. This is the game what I would like to beta test however, so I just pre-ordered it right now. Hopefully the devs will listen to the beta testers, if it will be needed. I myself have 5+ years of experience with war and strategy games, so hopefully I will be able to "help" also.

Locked Post 9 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 13, 2009 1:57:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

welcome to not having fun till the 3rd beta !

September 13, 2009 2:15:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh, we don't know that.   I mean, honestly.  Stardock 'claims' it won't be fun until Beta 3,  But people can find fun in anything.  Give them an environment to do something, and they will find something fun to do with it.  Once Beta 2 gets to a point where you can have a stable online game (which should be a lot easier than it is with a real-time game like Sins or Demigod) then there will be fun to be had.    I personally am hopeful it will be fun right away. 

September 13, 2009 2:35:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

For example, people play and enjoy a game called Dwarf Fortress.  This is an ASCII based game that is currently under devlopment.

Conisdering that people still enjoy text based games being developed in the year 2009, I would be amazed to hear that people will be unable to enjoy Beta 1 of Elemental.

September 13, 2009 3:00:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, the beta will just not be a complete game. Dwarf Fortress isn't either. The start is fun, but the later game stages get boring. As for Elemental, it's called "War of Magic" but Beta 1 won't even have magic.

So yeah, you're playing an (majorly) incomplete, buggy game with simple graphics. It might just be that some people don't find that fun.

However if you do, more power to you

September 13, 2009 3:26:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The cloth map of the Alpha PAX build of E:WOM blows Master of Magic away.

Seeing as I still play Master of Magic now and then, I think even the cloth map is going to be hell of fun. The 3D graphics will just make everything look kewl while doing it.

September 13, 2009 3:52:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I remember the 1st beta for SOASE. They said it wouldn't be fun, but I had more fun playing the betas then the finished product.

September 13, 2009 4:24:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It was fun just watching the changes unfold from that first candidate to the final product, such a huge change and you really learned to appreciate the improvements/changes that occured.

September 13, 2009 6:28:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It was fun just watching the changes unfold from that first candidate to the final product, such a huge change and you really learned to appreciate the improvements/changes that occured.

It's funny to look back at beta 1 stuff

I expect Elemental to change just as much

September 13, 2009 8:52:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't remember Sins looking so basic in the beta... too long time away maybe... rr too much hours playing this game since then

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000859   Page Render Time: