Passing Essence to creatures

By on August 4, 2009 5:17:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tyrion2001

Join Date 08/2009

The whole idea of essence and being able to pass it on to your champions to allow them to use magic is pretty cool to me.  It got me thinking what about being able to use it on my creatures as well. 

Say for example I have a horse.  Now I decide that this horse is going to be a mount for one of my champions.  I would like to be able to enhance the horse.  Say turn it into a pegasus so the champion could fly across the battle field or a nightmare that would cause fear in the enemies that he charges.  It would could allow the player to "create" some of the creatures of myth that you might not see wandering the world.

Locked Post 16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 4, 2009 5:34:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really really like this idea... Using essence a channeler could create legendary creatures... Maybe these legendary creatures could even breed and create more? Hmm...

August 4, 2009 6:12:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, I think this would be a great idea, except for one thing: there will be no integrated creature designer, so the enhancements couldn't be graphical (except for whole models pre-created by SD or a modder with the appropriate hardware software).

EDIT: a little bit of a difference.

August 4, 2009 7:26:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd love magical bears for my champions.

August 4, 2009 7:46:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And I'd love magical Stalhounds.

August 4, 2009 8:14:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great idea, Tyrion!

Horses.jpg picture by RisingLegend

One word... Domination

August 4, 2009 9:12:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Until you find yourself on a desert island with a small patch of weeds to live off.

August 4, 2009 9:19:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Until you find yourself on a desert island with a small patch of weeds to live off.

Well, if you can invest essence in the weeds............

hehehehehe.......

August 5, 2009 12:25:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think that just ends in either horse being fertilizer.

August 5, 2009 10:04:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

well then you better hope your caravan arrives soon with some...

October 4, 2009 3:31:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

win.

October 4, 2009 4:00:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's in the game.

October 4, 2009 5:39:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cool because  I agree it's a great idea.

October 4, 2009 6:10:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting RisingLegend,

One word... Domination

Unfortunately, you will have to spend essence in each of the riders if they are to mount such essence powered horses...

October 4, 2009 1:21:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I suspect there will be a difference between using a magic spell to make a unit stronger/faster/tougher, and spending essence to create a new breed of scaled, firebreathing alpaca, whose corpses can be harvested for food AND expensive magical gemstones.

October 4, 2009 1:58:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you put too much Essence into the weeds your heroes get distracted. Take note of the once Mighty Thor here...

Thor Distracted

October 7, 2009 2:24:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would personally like to make a new breed of giant, winged velociraptor, which has its own bite initiative in addition to its rider's attack.

Less Giant raptor, and more Steed looking like Raptor, although still with Thick, Strong therapod legs of the superior subset of dinosaurs ... and vicious teeth. In this case, being a steed, probably a broader, sturdier midsection. Also, the sickle claws would come less in-handy here, except for if you made them their own unit, un-ridden, although I would still like to see some raptor-riders out there.

I do agree that investing in flying horses, such as pegasi, should be possible. Also, I have seen far less evidence on these forums than I would like, on the notion of hiring a dragon to join you. Wasn't it stated earlier in the realm of possibilities somewhere? Im thinking defeating it in battle + a large sum of gold should be a good cost for hiring a dragon.

Or alternatively, you kill the dragon, and grant its eggs/hatchlings to a Master Beast Trainer/ Beastmaster, and raise the younglings Or singular youngling, to join your army. If this was the case, it might be as significant a time investment on that one little dragon as your entire empire. might even have a body guard built around it called a "dragon-core" ... and when it gets old enough, and out of its own decision decides to stay with you, you could make a soul-pact with the dragon to make it the next heir. (or alternatively, granting your Sovereign immortality as long as the dragon lives)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: